Are Toty Kante & Pim matthaus too small to play together in the midfield ?

Scottybtech
1657 posts Play-Off Hero
Can’t get on with big guys like vieira at cm this year so I’m thinking go with Kante & matthaus. Would it work ?

Comments

• sisyphus
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've run small-ish CDMs for awhile now and not had too much trouble, although I was running a 3-5-2 for a long time, so more CBs could have made up for that; nonetheless, I've been running a 4-2-2-2/4-3-2-1 recently and still been fine.

Usually running some combo of Lahm, Firmino, Fernandinho, Thiago, Bernardo, Pedri, etc. (I buy/sell too often). None of those are really very big and I don't feel like it limits me at all.
  • Scottybtech
    1657 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 10
    sisyphus wrote: »
    I've run small-ish CDMs for awhile now and not had too much trouble, although I was running a 3-5-2 for a long time, so more CBs could have made up for that; nonetheless, I've been running a 4-2-2-2/4-3-2-1 recently and still been fine.

Usually running some combo of Lahm, Firmino, Fernandinho, Thiago, Bernardo, Pedri, etc. (I buy/sell too often). None of those are really very big and I don't feel like it limits me at all.

I felt like last year you needed more size in the midfield. I could probably get away with using these two this together like you said. I definitely prefer the smaller cdms this year
  • madlion
    3207 posts National Call-Up
    Its not ideal but it works Kante and Matthaus have mad speed with jockey so they get away with not having the height

But what’s the point in any of them when Bellingham has the same speed on top of having height and better attacking presence
  • Scottybtech
    1657 posts Play-Off Hero
    madlion wrote: »
    Its not ideal but it works Kante and Matthaus have mad speed with jockey so they get away with not having the height

But what’s the point in any of them when Bellingham has the same speed on top of having height and better attacking presence

Don’t worry I’ll be getting tots Bellingham aswell, loved his future stars