To those who do not (or very rarely) get delayed gameplay in the UK

IronMike69
338 posts Sunday League Hero
edited May 2022
What is your ISP and speed?

Would like to see if there is a pattern here, I am with Virgin Media with wired 500mb/s and get delayed gameplay most of the time unless I play after midnight.

Comments

• Kouli06
    4583 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2022
    Delayed game play has nothing to do with ISP or download speed.
    It’s all to do with packet loss and ping.
    (And awful EA servers)

I’m on talk talk 65 which is more than enough.
    I usually get slightly faster downloads than I’m meant to.
    My ping and pack loss is normally very good too.
    It’s rare I get delayed game play but when I do it’s peak times and it’s EAs servers that can’t hack the traffic.

500 mbs just means fast download not necessarily smooth game play.

6-B1-F1427-3-ED6-459-C-AD43-1-FAA619-DCC97.jpg
  • Jmoz16
    74 posts Park Captain
    I get 400Mbps wired with Kcom (you can only get them in Hull and they're the only provider in Hull unless you want ❤️❤️❤️❤️ wireless broadband) only really experice delayed/sluggish gameplay during peak times really even with good ping and all that. Doesn't happen in any other game really though.
  • METH
    2271 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2022
    Don’t get delay.
    Wired 1GIG Virgin Media
    Virgin hub in modem mode, ASUS gaming router right next to PS4
  • Ruprecht
    999 posts Semi-Pro
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    Delayed game play has nothing to do with ISP or download speed.
    It’s all to do with packet loss and ping.
    (And awful EA servers)

I’m on talk talk 65 which is more than enough.
    I usually get slightly faster downloads than I’m meant to.
    My ping and pack loss is normally very good too.
    It’s rare I get delayed game play but when I do it’s peak times and it’s EAs servers that can’t hack the traffic.

500 mbs just means fast download not necessarily smooth game play.

6-B1-F1427-3-ED6-459-C-AD43-1-FAA619-DCC97.jpg

My speeds are similar to yours but I only get decent/good gameplay after 2330, can sometimes take until 0100. Occasionally get playable gameplay before that but it’s pot luck. I’m with Sky, previously with BT.

• Buzzbuzz
    2781 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used to be on virgin media 300mb and sky 100mb.

Both had slow gameplay, but only on FIFA.

I've since switched to BRSK and it's so much smoother. I get 570mb download and 70+ upload
  • Biged808
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve got b4rn 1000mb download 850 upload still get button delay
  • Hyde1991
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I use Three 5g broadband get around 300mb can sometimes reach higher depending on time of day etc.

Download games in minutes

Ping is at 22 i use Ethernet when playing fifa.

Get lag constantly, i dont think i play a game where there isnt lag. sometimes its so bad i just have to leave the game.

Play any other game online such as gta or cod and i dont even need Ethernet and plays like a charm
  • Mike_Lowrey
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm with Vodafone getting around 60mb D/L and 10mb U/L. If I play after 10pm I rarely get delay. Around 2-9pm is when the worst delay happens.
  • Hans_Rheinhardt1
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    On VM with 350mbps & 50 upload. Average ping is anywhere from 14 to 38 and thats west of Scotland just down from Glasgow.
  • CheeseSlice
    2234 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hyde1991 wrote: »
    I use Three 5g broadband get around 300mb can sometimes reach higher depending on time of day etc.

Get lag constantly, i dont think i play a game where there isnt lag. sometimes its so bad i just have to leave the game.

Play any other game online such as gta or cod and i dont even need Ethernet and plays like a charm

Do you get an open nat type with that 5g setup?

• Hyde1991

Do you get an open nat type with that 5g setup?

its Nat Type 2

if thats any help to your question.

• Hann4y
    1085 posts Professional
    Daft thought, but I never have the issue here and wondering if it's platform based? I use xbox x. The largest player base is PS isn't it?
  • RadioShaq
    20828 posts Moderator
    It looks like very few have delay. I know people will say everyone has delay it’s everywhere but delay is just used as a blanket statement for everything even a missed pass.

You can always try the technical boards they have helped a lot of people as it’s not a simple this or that issue.

If you really do have delay ea is begging for examples as so few can actually put pen to paper and show delay. Hopefully they can help you sort it or check with your isp and call them.
  • Hyde1991
    nah i can take missing passes because of my skill level at a game but when the thing in the middle of top screen goes red and then i get speed up lag and my player has ran the ball off the pitch for a goal kick, that aint me.
  • Springveldt
    7172 posts Big Money Move
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It looks like very few have delay. I know people will say everyone has delay it’s everywhere but delay is just used as a blanket statement for everything even a missed pass.

You can always try the technical boards they have helped a lot of people as it’s not a simple this or that issue.

If you really do have delay ea is begging for examples as so few can actually put pen to paper and show delay. Hopefully they can help you sort it or check with your isp and call them.
    :joy::joy::joy:
  • Barry Allannnn
    2093 posts Fans' Favourite
    METH wrote: »
    Don’t get delay.
    Wired 1GIG Virgin Media
    Virgin hub in modem mode, ASUS gaming router right next to PS4

A good gaming router will solve the delay issues for majority of people as long as they have it optimised.

Got 1gig and virgin and netduma as well and never get delay really. At my uni flat I was living with 7 people and about 30 devices connected to the router on virgin 350mb and it was delay free too.

If I used the virgin hub it was unplayable though :D
  • joehuk
    8222 posts League Winner
    edited May 2022
    Tbh I think fifa has a mixture of all sorts going on.

Game side:

Actual delay caused by EA Servers
    Lag compensation

Our side:
    How ISP routes us to the data centers

It just seems odd that one game can be heavy as anything

Next game perfectly fine

And this can be within 10mins of each other.

But heavy gameplay could also last days or weeks then back to smooth responsive gameplay

Hence why I'm at a loss with fifa and have been for two,three years and 100% this is my last fifa for sometime.

And im on virgin media 600/100

And have awful consistency with gameplay from absolutely beautiful to near unplayable.

• RadioShaq
    20828 posts Moderator
    nah i can take missing passes because of my skill level at a game but when the thing in the middle of top screen goes red and then i get speed up lag and my player has ran the ball off the pitch for a goal kick, that aint me.

Like I said if you really have delay post in on the tech boards. Ea is trying to investigate it but so few report it in game or through the thread they can’t find anything wrong on there end.

If you have all the lights flashing that’s probably more lag then delay. Which is another problem as they are not one and the same but can also cause delay or lag. I would guess most are calling delay when the controllers are not in sync from the input overlay test not the connection test with all the flashing lights. Then again a missed pass and someone will call that delay too and why it’s all so hard to figure out.
  • Hoopsterz
    3663 posts National Call-Up

:joy::joy::joy:

tbf Shaq is probably right.. the amount of people that cry wolf but if they had to prove it to EA they wouldn't be able to is probably 70% of the people who complain about it.
  • RadioShaq
    20828 posts Moderator
    I mean you can look at the thread and see for yourself. People say they have delay and ea ask for examples and they can’t provide any. I think they have collected 30 examples all year and even then some of those aren’t delay.

If everyone had delay that thread would be filled up in a couple days with examples. Hopefully a few from this thread will use it and help out ea and the community though.
  • joehuk
    8222 posts League Winner
    edited May 2022
    I mean you can look at the thread and see for yourself. People say they have delay and ea ask for examples and they can’t provide any. I think they have collected 30 examples all year and even then some of those aren’t delay.

If everyone had delay that thread would be filled up in a couple days with examples. Hopefully a few from this thread will use it and help out ea and the community though.

Thing is even though I can feel there's an issue with LS movement or passing in specific games, The two joysticks to me feel like they don't represent what im feeling ingame.

Also I'm not constantly recording on xbox or streaming and pressing record button, uploading files, transferring files rendering files so they are decent size is something your average user base will not doing or even know how.

It's difficult one we all at some point experiamce inconsistent gameplay more so than others at time
  • RadioShaq
    20828 posts Moderator
    Right not everyone can record with the input overlay on but 30 and not even all those are delay. They also said not many use the in game report which seems easier.

Knowing all that it’s much easier to lean towards very few have inconsistent gameplay. If all the reports start flooding in and it looks obvious it’s affecting a large portion I would change my opinion. Right now it doesn’t look that way and you are better off going through some steps to try to fix your connection.
  • GitGood
    931 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m in London using VM 200mbps download and I hardly get smooth gameplay. I’m really not sure if it’s the servers or my internet.
  • joehuk
    8222 posts League Winner
    edited May 2022
    Right not everyone can record with the input overlay on but 30 and not even all those are delay. They also said not many use the in game report which seems easier.

Knowing all that it’s much easier to lean towards very few have inconsistent gameplay. If all the reports start flooding in and it looks obvious it’s affecting a large portion I would change my opinion. Right now it doesn’t look that way and you are better off going through some steps to try to fix your connection.

I monitor all my games on the monitor tool and statistically they look fine

But 100% gameplay does not feel fine.

0% packet loss
    <1ms jitter
    15-20ms

I also report every poor game win or lose.

So If its not delay caused by Internet, routing, servers.

What is causing the heavy mudded gameplay that occurs so often.

Us on the forums are such a small minority.

But lve recently spoke to someone where I work who also plays fifa, but doesn't visit this forum that did nothing but complain about how bad gameplay can be, I also know two who don't join here or any forums and still complain about gameplay.

Most users don't care and just play it or quit it.

Post edited by joehuk on
  • GitGood
    931 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2022
    Can I also add that recording a replay will not show the delay…it is dumb to ask people for prove when you know deep down that it is a issue.🤦🏻‍♂️
  • RadioShaq
    20828 posts Moderator
    You would have to ask ea or you isp. I’ve never had delay or mudded gameplay besides a couple times I pick a high ping game late at night just to play as it’s low pop. Which isn’t I have delay and bad gameplay every day all day and it only gets worse.

I believe you and others have problems though and if it’s ea I am the first to say post it to them and show them so they fix it. If nobody reports it chance are it’s a small number of people being affected though.
  • leon1309
    4538 posts National Call-Up
    I dont get why this happens in SqB aswell?
  • Arsenalman
    4117 posts National Call-Up
    It’s just weird it’s only fifa, I can play cod anytime 😃 during the day I will win one lose one or even lose more. At night I can win multiple games in a row and the gameplay is fast and responsive.
  • RadioShaq
    20828 posts Moderator
    leon1309 wrote: »
    I dont get why this happens in SqB aswell?

Ea explained that on the technical boards not sure if it was in input delay thread but while it’s offline it’s still technically played online. So your connection can affect it.
  • JTID
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    Upgraded my internet 2 months ago to FTTP. 1gig, ping is 1ms and it performs worse than my previous 18mb/s, 30+ ping.

Most games, I’ll get the red icon at the top, game freezes and then there’s that speed up lag where I have no control for a few seconds.

The topic on having a worse internet speed delivering smoother gameplay could well be true.