What's going on with Rivals?

Saekerhett
1191 posts Professional
It's an absolute sweat fest... Everyone I face has at least three of Eusebio/Mbappe/Neymar/Ronaldo and they all belong in Elite Division. They skill more than people do in Volta, only do finesse shots, celebrate every goal, pause when they're in front hoping you leave etc...

What's wrong with these people?

Comments

• pedro___
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    They are playing FIFA.
  • Kouli06
    4183 posts National Call-Up
    With all the TOTs stuff going on and WL I don’t think people are back in the division last they belong yet.
  • RadioShaq
    20514 posts Moderator
    What’s wrong with finesse shots?
  • broxigaz
    2313 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mbappe and ronaldo live the dream m8.
  • JCDRANZER
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I always leave Rivals on the last day but I gave up after getting 4 wins, it was just horrible.

It's a mixture of players coming back to the game for TOTS and players deliberately staying in the lower division for better match-ups in WL.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited May 5
    Play on friday/saturday as most top tier players wld like to end their WL early then only
  • Saekerhett
    1191 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »

It's a broken game mechanic where top players do a move, then finesse. 99 times out of 100 the ball ends up in the top corner.

• RuddyElmate2022
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    Im being smoked today and that doesn’t happen usually. Don’t feel like all the top elite guys have moved back up. Dropped to Div 2 at the start of the new season and am struggling.
  • madlion
    3206 posts National Call-Up
    Saekerhett wrote: »

It's a broken game mechanic where top players do a move, then finesse. 99 times out of 100 the ball ends up in the top corner.
    only works if you sit back and let the ai defend for you ;)
  • RuddyElmate2022
    Mate I just can’t win at the moment.
  • Saekerhett
    1191 posts Professional
    Played about 15 games, lost 14 with absolutely no chance in hell. I'm talking about Division 2 here.
    There are some serious issues with matchmaking.
  • WinterIsComing
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Same in Div 3 getting smashed every game
  • RadioShaq
    20514 posts Moderator
    The season just started so everyone will be climbing back up.
  • WinterIsComing
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    > @RadioShaq said:
    > The season just started so everyone will be climbing back up.

It's been a week since the reset and it wasn't like this last week at all
  • Saekerhett
    1191 posts Professional

How am I supposed to climb back up when I only face opponents who belong two divisions higher? I don't mind facing a better opponent than me and losing a game, but when it's 15 games in a row, it kinda takes the fun away, don't you think?
  • Saekerhett
    1191 posts Professional
    > @RadioShaq said:
    > The season just started so everyone will be climbing back up.

It's been a week since the reset and it wasn't like this last week at all

That's also true! Last week I was winning some and losing some and got my 8 wins. This week has been horrible up until now.
  • RuddyElmate2022

Never experienced it like this usually climb up no dramas. I would usually have most of wins by now (8).. won 1. Opponents are so much better than I’ve gone against before lol.
  • RuddyElmate2022
    Maybe people are taking their time.
  • Saekerhett
    1191 posts Professional
    That's 16 in a row now.
  • JakeH
    2843 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 5
    Was decent enough for me today. Got my 8 wins and back up to Div2 which I feel is my level. Seems far less sweaty than Div3 TBH!

Made Div1 right at end of last season so will more than likely try do the same.
  • Safckje
    1341 posts Professional
    Went on for the first time this season and went 8 out of 8 straight into division 1. After reading on here yesterday that it was a nightmare.
  • bigpokey24
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    Saekerhett wrote: »
    It's an absolute sweat fest... Everyone I face has at least three of Eusebio/Mbappe/Neymar/Ronaldo and they all belong in Elite Division. They skill more than people do in Volta, only do finesse shots, celebrate every goal, pause when they're in front hoping you leave etc...

What's wrong with these people?

:D att skill more than volta
  • aladdin
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    twas fine for me too. 8 wins in 13 games. but i’ve been dropped down to division 3 :D
  • broxigaz
    2313 posts Fans' Favourite

Climbing back up to where surely you got relegated with the people that were in your division m8
  • JohnShelby
    1737 posts Play-Off Hero
    In div2 can’t win a Game today…
    Played 6,7 games, 3 draws, rest lost
    Even when i am winning for example 3:1 in 80+ min somehow they score for 3:3
  • RuddyElmate2022
    Yeah it’s Div 2 causing me a drama.
  • ContraCode64
    4624 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe people are taking their time.

Aye. WL is on a different schedule, plus there's the TOTS cup and new season of icon swaps.

Rivals is probably on the backburner for a lot of people right now.
  • DukeAgain
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    More AI defending rats are back for tots. Everyone just runs around with their CDM waiting for the AI to tackle for them. If EA nerf AI defending then all the little kids won't play the game anymore and won't spend their pocket money on FIFA points.
  • JakeH
    2843 posts Fans' Favourite
    DukeAgain wrote: »
    More AI defending rats are back for tots. Everyone just runs around with their CDM waiting for the AI to tackle for them. If EA nerf AI defending then all the little kids won't play the game anymore and won't spend their pocket money on FIFA points.

Skill spammers and general idiots are back.

Played some clown who from kick off passed backwards and did about 10 fake passes with no one around them before chaining ball rolls in their own half.

Strange behaviour.
  • JohnShelby
    1737 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fakin rigged ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of the Game
    3:0 lead.. then he scores 3 BS goals from dead angle