Goalkeepers

Teesmith92
420 posts Sunday League Hero
The amount of games I’ve lost recently due to POTM DDG having paper hands. 2 games back to back with 4 goals conceded from 4 shots on target, so I bit the bullet and bought prime VDS.

First game results below, 5 goals conceded from
6 shots. May as well just stick in gold maignan as they make 0 difference!
nk6or7jvq3ny.jpeg

Comments

• xCDHx
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get PIM Cech
  • JCDRANZER
    469 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2022
    VDS is supposedly bad in the game. For me my GKs are TOTY Donna and TOTS LLoris, I'll be honest they haven't played well at all for the past week.
  • Kouli06
    4583 posts National Call-Up
    All GKs are ridiculously inconsistent this year.
    But some are a little less inconsistent than others.
    As long as your opponent gets the right angle no one is saving anything.

PIM Casillas was a joke he just let everything in.
    HM Mendy was ok but not good enough now.
    TOTS Lloris is so bad it’s just funny, not used him but come up against him a fair bit an just score for fun.
    PIM VDS is my GK now as he seems average. And average is the best you can get now.
  • Teesmith92
    JCDRANZER wrote: »
    VDS is supposedly bad in the game. For me my GKs are TOTY Donna and TOTS LLoris, I'll be honest they haven't played well at all for the past week.

Toty Donna is the only Toty I’ve ever packed and for me he is awful! Considering puttin him in an SBC. Just proves how inconsistent they are across the game
  • Teesmith92
    Kouli06 wrote: »

TOTS Lloris is so bad it’s just funny, not used him but come up against him a fair bit an just score for fun.
    PIM VDS is my GK now as he seems average. And average is the best you can get now.

Was eyeing up the PIM vds as 5 tokens seems good but the prime is just so average. Think you are right there is no consistency.
  • Kouli06
    Teesmith92 wrote: »
    Kouli06 wrote: »

Was eyeing up the PIM vds as 5 tokens seems good but the prime is just so average. Think you are right there is no consistency.

It is just making the best out of a bad situation, 100% there is no consistency.
    I got PIM VDS with the 5 tokens like you say and I don’t regret it but still he will make mistakes and he won’t single handedly win you a game.
    But like I say I’ve found him the least irritating of GKs 😂
  • Kouli06
    Also there is a rumoured De Gea ToTs moments SBC coming up? GK SBCs are usually cheap so may be worth a punt 🤷‍♂️
  • Dutch3723
    2140 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's so weird how GK can be different for each player but I've tried all the icons and settled back with TOTY Donna - 10 chem / cat chem style / sweeper keeper and come out for crosses instructions. He will still make the odd blunder (and let in long range finesses shots) as all keepers seem to do but I find he also pulls out more 'wondersaves' than any other keeper. I'm sticking with him until the end now unless the DDG sbc (rumoured) is cheap and gets decent reviews.
  • Metalfly
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero
    Numbers Up Ter Stegan is really good, has the best GK Traits with max Handling, just not the easiest to link.
  • GitGood
    931 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m not surprised because that DDG card was trash from release, Try Courtois or Lloris.
  • xCDHx
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only get icon GK because non icons will play pretty much the same as their hidden stats don’t go up even if it is a TOTS or NIF.

PIM Casillas or Yashin do have the best stats but are too small. I like PIM Cech as he is 6’5 and has decent stats in agility, balance, reactions and jumping compared to other GKs/Icons.

It is the reason why Chelsea Mendy is always bad.
  • African11
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Get this man

8dqgq1hrk9de.png
  • Ricky2610
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Changed from tots lloris to standard gold areola and what a difference
  • Miigue
    1386 posts Professional
    Packed Prime Yashin, and I can confirm that he’s no different than Areola, if anything, my games are now harder
  • broxigaz
    2742 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keepers I don't know why there is a thread on them 🤣
  • shady93
    734 posts Semi-Pro
    Played against gold areola the other day and he had 14 saves. I lost 2-1 my captain lloris flapped at 2 shots straight down his throat.

SLIDERS.
  • deelio
    917 posts Professional
    No goalkeeper I've used is worse than fut birthday neuer. I played wl for the 1st time this year and in over 10 games he didn't make a save. 10 games he had a match rating below 6.0. It's a miracle I even got 14 wins. Packed lloris red gonna give him a go can't be any worse
  • greif44x2
    2660 posts Fans' Favourite
    They don't make any difference, I never consider a GK position as the one that can be improved, just stick with someone tall that gives chem to CBs.
    NIF Maignan does the same ridiculous saves as TOTY Donnarumma.
  • Retro1989
    7615 posts League Winner
    deelio wrote: »
    No goalkeeper I've used is worse than fut birthday neuer. I played wl for the 1st time this year and in over 10 games he didn't make a save. 10 games he had a match rating below 6.0. It's a miracle I even got 14 wins. Packed lloris red gonna give him a go can't be any worse

Neuer has custom save animations, which 90% of the time end up screwing you over.