Can we start a silver movement

D14
3783 posts National Call-Up
To either quit immediately or at 1-1 for anyone using a team of the overpowered stupid promo cards?

Aware controversial as used by the majority but they need to be banned from the silver lounge friendlies it’s really ruined it for me

Comments

• FutGuy
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero
    That’s just silly you will have no opponents to play if you keep quitting
  • D14
    FutGuy wrote: »
    That’s just silly you will have no opponents to play if you keep quitting

Very much seems that way; it’s so full playing the same over powered generic team of players that aren’t actually silver.

• Bob_Bobson
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    I get they have ruined the mode but this won't achieve anything. That week in which they dropped that silver promo was good fun in the moment but now silver lounge is just a mess.
  • radhoyl
    4075 posts National Call-Up
    D14 wrote: »
    To either quit immediately or at 1-1 for anyone using a team of the overpowered stupid promo cards?

Aware controversial as used by the majority but they need to be banned from the silver lounge friendlies it’s really ruined it for me

I quit silver lounge 2 months ago.
  • D14
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    I get they have ruined the mode but this won't achieve anything. That week in which they dropped that silver promo was good fun in the moment but now silver lounge is just a mess.
    It would if everyone quit people would get the hint

• D14
    radhoyl wrote: »

I quit silver lounge 2 months ago.

Don’t blame you not far behind it’s just a real shame
  • drewbaltzley
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    Isn’t that the purpose of working for all those weeks? To actually use the cards? and gain an advantage by having them?
  • D14
    Isn’t that the purpose of working for all those weeks? To actually use the cards? and gain an advantage by having them?

The likes of pogba and kdb and wellbeck etc were sbc not objectives
  • FutGuy
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero
    To be fair all the silver players I picked up since the promo don’t get into my silver team so it’s a waste of time for me now
  • D14
    Just to be clear my main objection is players that weren’t silver given huge “downgrades” to make them silver, or ones given stupid needless upgrades, cards that start silver and finish silver fine
  • RadioShaq
    19967 posts Moderator
    I don’t even play it this year. Once gg started it pretty much ruined the mode. Now people quit in every mode very rare to finish a game.
  • Bob_Bobson
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    It would if everyone quit people would get the hint

Given we get threads every day about how people quit at 0-0 for their own made up rules, no one will have a clue unless you message them... And then that opens a can of worms.

I'm with you in that they have destroyed the mode but there's not much we can do at this point, sadly.
  • Nickthegreek20
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    Another petty miserable person throwing their toys out the pram because other people have shiny nice thing 🤦
  • abhreebhu_45
    14797 posts World Class
    I agree that silver lounge is no longer fun cause of those promo cards

But it's still ok to complete those objectives as a lot of players aren't that good n the cards aren't as juiced as some like last edition
  • dinbaba
    1052 posts Professional
    There is always something to complain about, if there where NO silver promo cards and just plain silver cards, people would think it was booring
  • Arron xox
    4138 posts National Call-Up
    I've quit the silver lounge since all the OP cards came out its just not fun anymore
  • Ballerson
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whoever at ea is responsible for the sbc silver promotion should be fired. I was unable to do the nuclear sbcs and used to enjoy my nigerian hybrid silvr team of the weeks but the qualitative difference is huge between the sbcs and others — the gold sbcs are a chem mess so unable to use all in a squad — i think i only play silvers now to spite the all sbc teams —

I detest this company as the guardian of the online game — if they worked for me most would be fired.
  • JohnShelby
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who stoped you to do this cards ?
    This was the only silver Promo
    Where do you want people to use this cards if not silver lounge ?

I guess your main team is just normal gold players.. because you don’t use Promo cards !
  • D14
    You are missing the point here, the promo cards are high rated golds, made into silver players. Every single team now has 11 completely solid over juiced up cards. The same team time after time.

In rivals and weekend league there are lots of commonly used players but still variations within the team, you are also not at a huge disadvantage by not using them and picking a team of players you like.

In the Silver Lounge where you have to use Silver players only I feel it was a mistake to allow players like kdb and pogba to be downgraded to fit that specific requirement, because they are still different class. As a result if you do not use these players you are massively disadvantaged
  • Tootanappy
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sorry, I’ll just pop on the web app and discard them all for you. 🙃
  • Ballerson
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    You are missing the point here, the promo cards are high rated golds, made into silver players. Every single team now has 11 completely solid over juiced up cards. The same team time after time.

In rivals and weekend league there are lots of commonly used players but still variations within the team, you are also not at a huge disadvantage by not using them and picking a team of players you like.

In the Silver Lounge where you have to use Silver players only I feel it was a mistake to allow players like kdb and pogba to be downgraded to fit that specific requirement, because they are still different class. As a result if you do not use these players you are massively disadvantaged

@JohnShelby ☝️☝️☝️

Rivals and the variety of cards available for either purchase or sbc is quantitatively different. Any given time there are myriad sbcs and vast players I can purchase to match high level teams I face….maybe you are new at this game or are just a troll, but the comparison or question is nonesense.

I just couldn’t complete the sbcs, leave it at that. Not everyone can have access to this game every week or 2 - 3 weeks, that’s me in some situations.

• Diem
    1035 posts Professional
    It was the same last year. This year is better since there's a larger pool of the overpowered cards.
  • JohnShelby
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ballerson wrote: »

@JohnShelby ☝️☝️☝️

Rivals and the variety of cards available for either purchase or sbc is quantitatively different. Any given time there are myriad sbcs and vast players I can purchase to match high level teams I face….maybe you are new at this game or are just a troll, but the comparison or question is nonesense.

I just couldn’t complete the sbcs, leave it at that. Not everyone can have access to this game every week or 2 - 3 weeks, that’s me in some situations.

You had 10+ Promo silver players. Some SBC , some objective.. you didn’t complete them by choice and now you chose to moan..
    same was at the beggining of the Game with Fekir, everyone who didn’t completed him were moaning
  • Jonboyparker
    7503 posts League Winner
    edited April 23
    Ill play who ever wants to play me with whatever team they have. I honestly couldn’t care less if there team is better or worse or the same as the last one. My team is my team, and your team is yours. The player with the most goals will win.
  • Ballerson
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero
    JohnShelby wrote: »
    Ballerson wrote: »

@JohnShelby ☝️☝️☝️

You had 10+ Promo silver players. Some SBC , some objective.. you didn’t complete them by choice and now you chose to moan..
    same was at the beggining of the Game with Fekir, everyone who didn’t completed him were moaning [

You are not worth dialoging with.

Enjoy the forum.