Is Casillas to short?

nufcMarcus1984
507 posts An Exciting Prospect
any reviews on him? Thanks

Comments

• madlion
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    do the loan with untradeables from the club and see for urself, keepers are very personal

for me he's above average on schmeichel level, for others he's not good

just try him
  • nufcMarcus1984
    madlion wrote: »
    do the loan with untradeables from the club and see for urself, keepers are very personal

for me he's above average on schmeichel level, for others he's not good

just try him

I had some untradeables so did him anyway :D I need him for my madrid past and present team as well so just bit the bullet and done. I been using 84 maignan up to now anyways so he should be an improvement on him
  • Tootanappy
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was worried about his height, but he’s been fantastic in rivals for me today. I sold TOTY Donnarumma after using Casillas, back to a full untradeable team 😃
  • Kouli06
    3659 posts National Call-Up
    Very short review of his loan I had in the hall of SBCs/objectives

All 5 games in div 2 rivals.

Well his loan was very very good.
    Made a few blunders in his 1st game but I’ll put that down to 1st game jitters 😅 (still managed to win just had to out score my opponent)
    His next 4 games he was bang on the money.
    Saved everything I would expect him to and a few that I didn’t think he could.
    Obviously he let some in as no one is perfect but the goals he let in I couldn’t see any other keeper saving them either.
    Early thoughts I’d say do him if your on the fence.
    He’s replaced mid Cech as he went into the SBC and sadly Fantasy Jose Sá hasn’t upgraded quick enough. But I’m sure he’ll eventually hit his 89 so he’s staying in reserve.
    Also helps that I liked the guy IRL.
  • nufcMarcus1984
    Buffon is my gk hero as im also italian, but casillas is on par with him for best gk's of all time. So I will enjoy using him for that as well as the past and present Madrid team I'm building
  • Metalfly
    1782 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 19
    Casillas have some of the best traits a goalkeeper can have, plus he's quick so in theory he's the perfect keeper, but whenever I had him in Drafts I do feel like he's letting in more goals than the likes of Donnarumma or VDS.

It might not be due to his height and just down to the luck/skill of the opponent, but it's something that'll always bother me whenever he concedes so I'm going to avoid him for my main team, even if just for peace of mind.
  • RuddyElmate2022
    2296 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got bored and basically used my fodder on him tonight, played two games in Rivals Div 1.
    Some of the saves this guy made were unbelievable. Was pleasantly surprised.
    Real test comes this weekend but he’s very quick.
  • nufcMarcus1984
    About 10 games in with him myself and he is very good for me. Saves just as much normal stuff as 88 maignan and even more closer shoots. So glad I did it.
  • Nickthegreek20
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very good for me. Practically never concedes in a 1on1. Reactions and diving make up for the lack of height. Some of the saves he makes are insane. Love a keeper with ‘saves with feet’ too.

He will make mistakes/let easy goals in, but so will every keeper in the game. I’ll just say, he’s saved me way, way more than he’s made a mistake.
  • heapsgood
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I used his loan he was too susceptible to finesse shots going in and he’s not great from crosses

Van de sar has been miles better for me but I prefer a taller keeper

My personal opinion but save your fodder
  • madlion
    edited April 21
    heapsgood wrote: »
    I used his loan he was too susceptible to finesse shots going in and he’s not great from crosses

Van de sar has been miles better for me but I prefer a taller keeper

My personal opinion but save your fodder

Not much to do with height

I'm scoring these regularly past Mendy,VDS,Donnarumma ad they're all 6'5/6'6

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He's above avg keeper imo with occasional wonder save, great in 1v1s, quick off his line and better at dealing with crosses than the likes of Cech/De Gea/ Schmeichel. As far as finesse shots, his positioning is good on them but if it's from good angle against pele,messi, sancho and so on it will go in but it will also go in with 6'6 mendy as the clip shown above.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118abe47e9f29a9e80cb1956530f8d1438a6c7ee8d&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    giphy.gif

I'm not saying he's the best keeper and flawless, all keepers will concede guaranteed goals from good angles. But imo he saves 95% of the stuff you expect ur keeper to save and has occasional moments of pulling a wondersave that keeps you in the game as well as occasional brainfart moment once in 10 games like any other keeper
  • heapsgood
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play on old gen so finesse shots are no where near as likely to go in as shown above

But Casillas always seems to get underneath them so for me the height is defo an issue
  • Scottybtech
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah. Tall keepers are a must this year
  • dinbaba
    1052 posts Professional
    Had both his mid and Prime, to short for me, won't save as near as many cross goal shots as my mid Cech.
  • RuddyElmate2022
    2296 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played more with him, I have used most keepers this year bar icons, he makes saves I’ve not seen from anyone. He gets caught like everyone else does but he has made some unbelievably rapid reaction saves.
  • nufcMarcus1984
    Close range reactions have been godly. Glad I did him now. Hope this post helps others who may have wanted to know as well.
  • madlion
    edited April 21

They’re not that important

Lloris has been doing better against finesse shots than Mendy and Donnarumma whenever I faced both

• Scottybtech
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 21

They’re not that important

Lloris has been doing better against finesse shots than Mendy and Donnarumma whenever I faced both

Hmm each to their own I suppose. Mendy very rarely gets beat by chip shots tbf these small keepers stand no chance
  • broxigaz
    1840 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nothing wrong with small keepers lads, my toty ronaldo and socrates love them.
  • Scottybtech
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    broxigaz wrote: »

😂 and mine
  • nsholmberg11
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tall keepers have always been superior in fifa. Van der Sar, Courtois etc. It’s a shame bc irl he was so amazing. Haven’t tried him myself to be fair. Wish keepers weren’t so magically crap sometimes
  • madlion

Comes for Crosses exists
  • broxigaz
    1840 posts Play-Off Hero

Comes for Crosses exists

And so does chipping the keeper
  • DannySTFC
    9686 posts League Winner
    Terrible. Did the loan, few games in DR and he barely touched the ball. Nowhere near as good as DDG who takes his place back and now I don’t need to worry about wanting to do Casilas
  • Kaptentegel
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    957 games with mid Casillas and I see no reason to replace him, he is good.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16014 posts World Class
    I'm still using potm DDG 😊
  • SuperJames9005
    2670 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had him and not like him. When I play against him, I do a lot of long finesse shots...

This game is so ridiculous because the best GK from my user experience was/is Lafont/Mendy/Maignan...
  • leon1309
    4453 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 21
    I have his mid...was one of the best for a while, but its utter garbage now. His hight makes him conceede a lot more out of the box finesse shots then my Handanovič for example. To the point I just dont use him any more.
  • madlion

Comes for Crosses exists

speed is far more important when dealing with chip shots than height as you can bait it and get back quickly between the sticks
  • broxigaz
    1840 posts Play-Off Hero

Comes for Crosses exists

speed is far more important when dealing with chip shots than height as you can bait it and get back quickly between the sticks

I could be wrong m8 but are keepers actually a thing in this game, because they certainly don't bail me out.