0-0 quitting

Neal1982
1249 posts Professional
What is going on in rivals tonight? Must have had 6 opponents quit at 0-0. Is this a new rat thing?

Comments

• Baineaux
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't understand how quitting at 0-0 doesn't result in a loss or losing of points/position in rivals and WL. You literally 'Forefit' the game and if you just shut down the game it counts as a loss. Even if you get a power cut, lose internet ir anything else, it always counts as a loss. How are they doing it?
  • BeppeSignori
    1079 posts Professional
    I just had a lad go 3-0 up on me despite me having triple his XG. One deserved Inzaghi hat trick later and he quit when I got the equaliser. We're both in Elite so there's absolutely no punishment for him (missing out on promotion etc).
  • Mooncloud
    92 posts Park Captain
    I've had 2 do it today in div 4, was thinking they need to lower their level so they don't go up to div 3, don't see any other reason to do it.
  • Squirty_Gash93
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Had 3 do it in champs tonight. It’s becoming a joke.
  • GitGood
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Even for someone like me who never got bothered by it had to admit that it have affected me way too much recently…why is some of the player base so toxic.🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Kevin19896
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had more do it when level on champs, could be 70 mins and not like I’ve just equalised but decided they’ve had enough lol 5 games like that today
  • PiotrLolo
    3317 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 17
    Neal1982 wrote: »
    What is going on in rivals tonight? Must have had 6 opponents quit at 0-0. Is this a new rat thing?

People do it to stay in lower division. I'm doing it to stay in div 3/2. Not proud of it but I blame it on EA. In first seasons I was going up to Div 1 but then EA decided to match me gainst Elite players all the time (that's how it felt). It resulted in over 20 games with only 4 wins. Frustrating as hell. I even missed reward in one week at all. Of course when I quit I'm trying to give wins. Unless someone is using Kimpembe. Then I quit at 0-0.
  • heapsgood
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Happened to me loads in weekend league at least 7 games opponent quit while we were drawing

Some even late in the game if I was behind and scored an equaliser

Really stupid and annoying
  • lnter1908
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited April 18
    Few mins ago played someone who just quit in WL after it's past 8, it was 0-0 30 minutes into the game he paused and left. The system will get him a point for forfeiting and I'll end up with nothing lol. Sort this mess EA.
  • Blytz
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’ll quit at 0-0 if the gameplay is terrible. Normally my connection is rock solid, but if I start a game and find my players not responding then it saves 10+ minutes of frustration.
  • chevano
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    i quit if gameplay is really bad or opponent is a super mechanic abuser. its not worth to get mad over so i quit and take the loss. people act like a win is so important while most time it mostly due to gameplay or abuse and not because people are that good in the game
  • nowback2me
    722 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 18
    I played someone this WL. I was through on goal, crossed the ball for RVP to tap in, and he quit, however, i just got the ball over the line before the message popped up so i got the win.

Anyway....

A few seconds later he messaged me "WAHEEEYYY!"

I responded with "Jokes on you, i got the win"

He said "Yeah, even though it was 0-0?"

How does this work? Does he think it didn't count? Or did he quit at 0-0, but it takes time to register to my side and i was able to make it 1-0 just in time without him knowing?

Either way, what a sad human being that guy is, too many of them have crept into this game now.
  • nowback2me
    722 posts Semi-Pro
    Blytz wrote: »
    I’ll quit at 0-0 if the gameplay is terrible. Normally my connection is rock solid, but if I start a game and find my players not responding then it saves 10+ minutes of frustration.

Why not score an own goal or let your opponent score first? Thats what i don't understand.
  • chevano
    nowback2me wrote: »

Why not score an own goal or let your opponent score first? Thats what i don't understand.

maybe because some play very toxic . immediatly high press and trying to make kick off goals , makes me wanna leave and for sure then not giving a goal away.
  • nowback2me
    722 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 18
    chevano wrote: »

maybe because some play very toxic . immediatly high press and trying to make kick off goals , makes me wanna leave and for sure then not giving a goal away.

Let me assure you, you are the problem, not them, you are the toxic one. What has this community become, i don't enjoy some games/opponents play style, but i stick it out, because with Fifa, there is always a chance you'll turn it around and its great when you beat them. Also, i've spent all year building a team, i'd actually like to use them, not just play when its obvious i'll win the game. I don't understand this mentality.
  • BadSeedsFC
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    only-a-quitter-quits-kenneth-parcell.gif

giphy-3.gif

shame-shame-on-you.gif
  • Bobo23
    4579 posts National Call-Up
    The thing is you can barely complete a full game anymore. If it's 0-0 by 30 mins my opponent quits, if they score first and I equalise they quit. It's almost impossible to get a proper game in nowadays. Currently in elite div.
  • chevano

Let me assure you, you are the problem, not them, you are the toxic one. What has this community become, i don't enjoy some games/opponents play style, but i stick it out, because with Fifa, there is always a chance you'll turn it around and its great when you beat them. Also, i've spent all year building a team, i'd actually like to use them, not just play when its obvious i'll win the game. I don't understand this mentality.

If thats what you think , then so be it . i just want to have fun and play and not get angry because somebody just plays abusive. i got better things to do then get angry about a game that is so automated . i actually try to play the game to have fun .

the people who i play against dont get the loss i do . so there is not to much to it. and i have to watch my health to not get to worked up about playing kids who think winning means anything in a game
  • nowback2me
    722 posts Semi-Pro

If thats what you think , then so be it . i just want to have fun and play and not get angry because somebody just plays abusive. i got better things to do then get angry about a game that is so automated . i actually try to play the game to have fun .

the people who i play against dont get the loss i do . so there is not to much to it. and i have to watch my health to not get to worked up about playing kids who think winning means anything in a game

I'm not having a go at you quitting because of limited time/health. I'm having a go because you don't score an own goal or let your opponent score before quitting, you are basically wasting someone else's time. They, like you, probably just want to enjoy the game and the team they've built, then you get people like you quitting at 0-0.

Let me put it this way, has nobody quit against you at 0-0? Or from kick off? Does it not frustrate you?
  • FoxDie
    55 posts Park Captain
    edited April 18

I'm not having a go at you quitting because of limited time/health. I'm having a go because you don't score an own goal or let your opponent score before quitting, you are basically wasting someone else's time. They, like you, probably just want to enjoy the game and the team they've built, then you get people like you quitting at 0-0.

Let me put it this way, has nobody quit against you at 0-0? Or from kick off? Does it not frustrate you?

He doesn't have to give you a free win. It's his choice. Go and "earn" your win. Kids these days looking for free stuff.

edit - for the record I gave away 7 wins this WL after getting 11 wins. I don't moan if no one gives me free wins and I could have easily not given any free wins as well.
  • nowback2me
    722 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 18
    FoxDie wrote: »

He doesn't have to give you a free win. It's his choice. Go and "earn" your win. Kids these days looking for free stuff.

edit - for the record I gave away 7 wins this WL after getting 11 wins. I don't moan if no one gives me free wins and I could have easily not given any free wins as well.

Nobody is looking for free wins. I'd rather play the games, but its just the decent thing to do no? Your opponent quits at 0-0, they get 1 point, all you get is wasted time, a contract taken off your starting 11, and a blemish on your players G/A record, which matters when it comes to selling the player in the future, people always look to buy a player with a better G/A record.

It makes no sense to me.

Also, people don't just quit in a normal manner, they go out of their way to ensure it's 0-0 before quitting, either fouling you from kick off, or passing back to the GK to make it look like they are scoring an own goal, and then kick it out.
  • chevano

i always give my spare games away and even go into for example the classic cup to give wins. i just dont like toxic gameplay from get go when i am not in the mood.

its just not worth it and i dont think people who abuse game mechanics should be rewarded with free wins.
  • WFCBagnall wrote: »
    People that quit at 0-0 are more toxic than any person that abuses game mechanics.

Their aim is to prevent someone winning a game with them fully well knowing what they're doing, for the sake of what?

Because most of the time it's because someone has a nice team, thinking the person has spent money and apparently they dont deserve a win because of that and just an extra 2 seconds of your time to score an own goal warrants you to waste their time :/

Pathetic, no other word for it.

Spot on.
  • chevano
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    People that quit at 0-0 are more toxic than any person that abuses game mechanics.

Their aim is to prevent someone winning a game with them fully well knowing what they're doing, for the sake of what?

Because most of the time it's because someone has a nice team, thinking the person has spent money and apparently they dont deserve a win because of that and just an extra 2 seconds of your time to score an own goal warrants you to waste their time :/

so you mean you are knowingly abusing the game for a win?
    I think that is kind of sad, do you have nothing more important in life then an extra win?
    i have a good team and love the players i have and if i see another team thats better i dont mind because in most occasions its not that a great player.

If you are a pro then its a whole different issue, but if you are upset for losing a few minutes because you abuse mechanics and people dont like playing against that and choose not to.
    you just loose just a bit of time nothing else, if you were really in need of time i guess you wouldnt have time to play WL at all i guess
  • chevano wrote: »

I think that is kind of sad, do you have nothing more important in life then an extra win?
    i have a good team and love the players i have and if i see another team thats better i dont mind because in most occasions its not that a great player.

If you are a pro then its a whole different issue, but if you are upset for losing a few minutes because you abuse mechanics and people dont like playing against that and choose not to.
    you just loose just a bit of time nothing else, if you were really in need of time i guess you wouldnt have time to play WL at all i guess

Listen, there is noway you come out of this as the good guy. You are in the wrong. All you, and others who do the same are doing is ruining everyone elses Fifa 22 experience. It really is as simple as that.
  • WFCBagnall
    95415 posts Moderator

But what about the 0-0 quits before the game has even kicked off? Or the ones that pass back to the keeper and run around the post and quit? What mechanics are people abusing in those games? Huh

What's your excuse for that?
  • chevano

Listen, there is noway you come out of this as the good guy. You are in the wrong. All you, and others who do the same are doing is ruining everyone elses Fifa 22 experience. It really is as simple as that.

i dont need to be the good guy , but i sure not helping to get the worst people rewarded. if people wouldnt be that extreme abusive i wouldnt be quitting. its a process that happened over the years . you really think i would care what a nobody on internet thinks about me? .
    and if your fifa experience is abuse game mechanics then i am happy to ruin it.
    i just give my opinion about it and the reason i do it.
    maybe its time to grow up and see there is a whole world outside your tv screen, and it aint all roses outside
  • heapsgood
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Put it like this if everyone in the game just quit at 0-0 then there would be no game ….
  • chevano

But what about the 0-0 quits before the game has even kicked off? Or the ones that pass back to the keeper and run around the post and quit? What mechanics are people abusing in those games? Huh

What's your excuse for that?

your talking nonsens . if you play a game against someone else , then you depend on each other to make it a nice game . if one of the 2 with any reason doesnt do that then there is a reaction.
    i dont care if you abuse the game , but i am not gonna play against you if my mindset is not good to handle it.
    i just go and try another game . for me playing games should be fun i am not a pro nor would i want to be.
    its a game to me nothing more.
    Just grow up and deal with it.

While you try to adjust your gameplay to a not that great game, ill try to improve it by not giving wins to game abusers.
    it doesnt stop if people keep rewarding bad gameplay abusers.