My Didier Drogba Review

john_d_efc
3163 posts National Call-Up
edited April 14
The Ivorian King

Added a title, don't worry I'm not going full Youtuber on you guys :joy: So I packed Drogba in my second PIM pack and tbh, as the icon roulette wheel was removing nations I was left with some duds so I was kinda relieved to see him pop up. I know @abhreebhu_45 loves the prime so I'm sure he will like this review.

The team:

Screenshot-2022-04-14-at-15-11-20.png

The tactics:

352:

Here's the stats:

Games: 22 (Rivals Elite)
Goals: 25
Assists: 7

Futbin: https://www.futbin.com/22/player/24776/didier-drogba
4* WF
4* Skills
Body Type: High & Average
Height: 6'2"
Workrates: H/H

Positions:

LST: 10 games in a 442 [LoOk At Me iM a MeTa RaT]
LST: 12 games in a 352

Chem Styles:

Engine: 22 games

Shooting:

He's really good at finishing I won't lie but he lacks that curve to finesse either inside or outside the box which kinda limits him. Normal power shots are the way forward. I did notice that he would miss some chances that left you scratching your head then would bury the harder chance. I think overall I would say the PIM Klose was definitely better at finishing than Drogba.

Passing:

He's similar to Klose in this respect, keeping it short you don't have any problems but the second that you need him to try anything fancy or longer it falls to pieces. They aren't the worst in the world but I've definitely seen better from strikers

Pace:

This is frustrating for me, he just doesn't seem as fast as his stats suggest with him having 97 pace with the engine style applied. Thankfully he has that presence so a quick tap on the LT floors the defender and you can create some separation. Overall I'm dissapointed by this.

Dribbling:

As expected, this isn't his forte in the slightest. He's just a tad too clunky so you have to rely on his strength to get out of trouble. I'm comparing him a lot to Klose in this review and without a doubt Klose is better in this category.

He may aswell not have the 4* skill moves, they don't pull off well other than the La Croquata and Berba spin. I wasn't expecting him to be great but I expected better. It's a good job I rarely skill.

Defending:

Other than a presence in the box from corners, nothing to note here.

Physicals:

Definitely his best category, if you know how to use bigger strikers then you'll have a field day with Drogba. I'm using targetmen to shield the ball and bring others into play more than I am just pinging this to their heads. At one point Drogba shielded the ball from Theo Hernandez and Simon Kjaer and laid the ball off to R9 in acres of space.

He'a just a monster, there's nothing to say really. He's like taking a battering ram to the bus door and it's great

Systems & Formations:

100% you need him with a strike partner or at least surround him with players, if he was that bit better at turning he would be a complete FIFA striker for me but I think you get the best out of Drogba by using him to draw attention and bring others into play. I know Pele and R9 had a field day and were scoring a lot more

Conclusion:

He's great, I love him. Sure there's things I want better from him but he's doing wonders up top with Pele and R9 and he will be staying. If I had Klose untradeable though this man would be out and in goes Klose for me personally.

I'm going to be trying him out with a finisher chem style this weekend to see if I can boost his dribbling and finishing so I'll post an update when the WL is finished.

I've also attached some more gameplay clips (it's easier to get for attackers I find) just to demonstrate how I use him.

Pros:

- Physicals
- Hold up play

Cons:

- Clunky (with engine)

Battering ram:

Overall Rating: 8/10

Comments

• Neil_14
    3083 posts National Call-Up
    Tbh if you did go YouTube with your material you could do well. Keep it consistent like you have been on here and use a mic. Once you feel comfortable or once you have got yourself a nice little following, introduce your face and boom! Thats when your YouTube career will be over...

Jk, you should try it if you fancy it though pal.
  • CheeseSlice
    2098 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 14
    Love these reviews .
    Like the rating out of /10 at the end 🤙
  • john_d_efc
    3163 posts National Call-Up
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    Tbh if you did go YouTube with your material you could do well. Keep it consistent like you have been on here and use a mic. Once you feel comfortable or once you have got yourself a nice little following, introduce your face and boom! Thats when your YouTube career will be over...

Jk, you should try it if you fancy it though pal.

I might consider doing that tbh, the only issue is having a fulltime job to work around. I can just about get the games in (got a lot more recently though). Thanks for the comment though, it's nice to think you reckon I could do it!
    Love these reviews .
    Put a rating out of /10 at the end 🤙

Just added one, I'll go retrospectively back and add them to the others. The only thing with ratings is they can be be very fluent. A card might be a 8/10 one week then after all of the promo cards be like a 4/10 :joy:
  • abhreebhu_45
    13760 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 14
    3 things with 👑 (Prime version)
    Don't run

Don't force dribbling

Don't fineese

N the 👑 will win u matches

His biggest surprises
    OP heel flicks(will teleport through defenders)

Sudden turns when opponent is least expecting around box n bang that shot into far bottom corner

N nice review again