Do know much about internet connection but…

Bayaeraking408
1341 posts Play-Off Hero
Just learned I only have 200 mbp internet connection what ever that is also always thought that I had more my provider said that for 20 more I can change my plan up to 500 is it worth it or 200 enough for gaming ?

Comments

• Ledesale
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    200 should be more than enough, honestly when it comes to fifa internet speed is not really the most important. Your location and nearby servers are more important.
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    Just learned I only have 200 mbp internet connection what ever that is also always thought that I had more my provider said that for 20 more I can change my plan up to 500 is it worth it or 200 enough for gaming ?

that's more than enough. I play on 45mbps. also don't get confused with bits and bytes, a company will quote you for example download speed of 200mbps that's in megabits, divide it by 8 that give you your real download speed

• Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh I see thx gona save those 20 a month then lol n I live in California the Bay Area actually EA has a head quarters here close by in Redwood City California so u would think the connection be good
  • Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero
    leea12345 wrote: »

that's more than enough. I play on 45mbps. also don't get confused with bits and bytes, a company will quote you for example download speed of 200mbps that's in megabits, divide it by 8 that give you your real download speed

So in my case that be only 25 how can I get it higher ?
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    edited April 14
    error
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional

So in my case that be only 25 how can I get it higher ?

higher 500 package, but do you really need it
  • Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well my games always seem to be bad connection like the yellow and red and a lot of my opponents message me about my connection sucking but it’s weird cause I play late night and no one is connected only me and the wife my kids are toddlers so they don’t use my internet
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    Well my games always seem to be bad connection like the yellow and red and a lot of my opponents message me about my connection sucking but it’s weird cause I play late night and no one is connected only me and the wife my kids are toddlers so they don’t use my internet

its more about your connection to the server than speed really. and also the location of who you connect to. i only have the download of about 6, no real issues. i am in the uk. Is it just FIFA, other games as well ? . you could try asking your internet provider for help, but have a feeling fifa could be connecting you to a server a long way from you , and you could be playing people 7000 km away from you sometimes
  • RadioShaq
    19815 posts Moderator
    Closest server is Portland I believe. Most say their isp in California routes them to Mexico. More than speed you need a stable connection. You can do a connection test on the ea answer boards if you haven’t already.
  • Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Closest server is Portland I believe. Most say their isp in California routes them to Mexico. More than speed you need a stable connection. You can do a connection test on the ea answer boards if you haven’t already.

How do I do that ?
  • Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero

its more about your connection to the server than speed really. and also the location of who you connect to. i only have the download of about 6, no real issues. i am in the uk. Is it just FIFA, other games as well ? . you could try asking your internet provider for help, but have a feeling fifa could be connecting you to a server a long way from you , and you could be playing people 7000 km away from you sometimes

I only play fifa no other game lol this year seems the worst of all tho
  • RadioShaq
    19815 posts Moderator
    Click on technical issues and bugs here when looking at discussions. Will take you to the ea answer forum. Then should be sticked in the connection quality control tool. If you are having problems you can always use the technical boards too and the ea guys will help you.
  • Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Click on technical issues and bugs here when looking at discussions. Will take you to the ea answer forum. Then should be sticked in the connection quality control tool. If you are having problems you can always use the technical boards too and the ea guys will help you.

Thx will give it a shot
  • Hades
    780 posts Semi-Pro
    200mbps is more than enough for gaming. Your real download/upload speed is a lot lower as mentioned before but it's more then sufficient for gaming. Don't let the company cheat you out of that twenty bucks lol, no need for it.

Maybe check settings in FIFA, i believe you can alter the setting of connecting only to people close by or to the fastest available player. Put it on close by for better stability.

Also, might be worth checking your router settings. For good gaming stability you might want to enable UPnP. Port forwarding certain ports might help as well, but is a bit complex. Firewall issues set to strict could also destabilise gaming connectivity. These things can be the difference between a closed/limited or open NAT type which will increase connection and stability to other players on your Xbox. You can check your NAT type on the xbox settings, connection menu.

I'd suggest checking those things first, see if anything improves. And remember, if connection is bad, people always blame the other guy. Might not even be on your end;)
  • Sterve
    1248 posts Professional
    Is your console getting internet via wifi or is it network cable to the router? That’s probably step one tbh.
  • Bolly80
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    gxkp9x9356hn.png
  • Bolly80
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bolly80 wrote: »
    gxkp9x9356hn.png

I never new about this tool.i get this is it any good.because I get crazy lag and input delay.just want to know if its my end or not
  • RadioShaq
    19815 posts Moderator
    You can also test in in game with the input overlay on. It has two controllers and if you have delay the one controller will be a few seconds behind the other. If they are in sync you don’t have delay.
  • Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hades wrote: »
    200mbps is more than enough for gaming. Your real download/upload speed is a lot lower as mentioned before but it's more then sufficient for gaming. Don't let the company cheat you out of that twenty bucks lol, no need for it.

Maybe check settings in FIFA, i believe you can alter the setting of connecting only to people close by or to the fastest available player. Put it on close by for better stability.

Also, might be worth checking your router settings. For good gaming stability you might want to enable UPnP. Port forwarding certain ports might help as well, but is a bit complex. Firewall issues set to strict could also destabilise gaming connectivity. These things can be the difference between a closed/limited or open NAT type which will increase connection and stability to other players on your Xbox. You can check your NAT type on the xbox settings, connection menu.

I'd suggest checking those things first, see if anything improves. And remember, if connection is bad, people always blame the other guy. Might not even be on your end;)

Wow thanks for all the info u seem to be a wizard on this topic lol will try ur suggestions thx
  • Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sterve wrote: »
    Is your console getting internet via wifi or is it network cable to the router? That’s probably step one tbh.

I’m using Wi-Fi is it much better with cable straight from router ?
  • Reecetat
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Wired connections are normally better, so I'd say yes
  • Springveldt
    6922 posts Big Money Move
    Oh I see thx gona save those 20 a month then lol n I live in California the Bay Area actually EA has a head quarters here close by in Redwood City California so u would think the connection be good
    EA HQ might be near by but your 3 closest FIFA servers are in Portland, Dallas or Mexico City.

That's why you always get yellow and red connection indicators, you are miles from the servers.
  • Bayaeraking408
    1341 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA HQ might be near by but your 3 closest FIFA servers are in Portland, Dallas or Mexico City.

That's why you always get yellow and red connection indicators, you are miles from the servers.

With all the money EA males I would think they would have more severs 😒
  • Sterve
    1248 posts Professional
    Sterve wrote: »

I’m using Wi-Fi is it much better with cable straight from router ?

Yeah man. If you can try it plugged in give it a go.