Career Mode Starhead Suggestion Thread

RollsReus
1785 posts Play-Off Hero
Starheads are a massive part of the fifa experience. The Starhead Thread is annually the biggest thread on this entire board and scanned players have a significant importance for a large percentage of career mode players due to the realism that it brings.

Recently I brought up the idea of starting a thread in this section to have a specific place for ideas without having to clog up the original thread, sometimes to the annoyance of users.

Please use this thread to enquire and/or answer any queries with appropriate players for those in need. :)

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    4925 posts Big Money Move
    I will start and ask for suggestions for my Man United MC rebuild..

Preferably after a CDM, CM to replace Pogba, ST and RB? Throw a LW/RW in there too 🤣

And im not really keen on the usual pricey signings like Haaland/Rice etc..
  • RollsReus
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    For the Pogba replacement: I think it's worth looking at Milinkovic-Savic (b2b, tattoos & strand hair) or Aoaur (similar but not as strong)

Personally, I'd recommend looking at Fabian Ruiz. I bought him on a whim on my main save last year and he was fantastic. Slower but very complete. Left footed so a bit different but ended up being ridiculously clutch for me with big goals in big games!

They would be the three I'd go for, based on playmaking skills but also a defensive presence too. :)
  • Steffolovitch
    1079 posts Professional
    edited April 14
    I will start and ask for suggestions for my Man United MC rebuild..

Preferably after a CDM, CM to replace Pogba, ST and RB? Throw a LW/RW in there too 🤣

And im not really keen on the usual pricey signings like Haaland/Rice etc..

A few ideas, don't know if they match your preferences:

CDM: Boubacar Kamara, Marseille.
    CM(PP): James Ward-Prowse, Southampton. Or Jacob Ramsey, Aston Villa.
    RB: Sergiño Dest, Barcelona (seems to be surplus there). Or Mukiele, Red Bull (more defensive option).
    RW: Pedro Goncalves, Sporting (the new Bruno). Or Noni Madueke, PSV.
    ST: Tammy Abraham, Roma. Or Patrick Schick, Leverkusen/Andre Silva, Red Bull.

Edit: The RB could also be Denzel Dumfries from Inter. He was brilliant at the Euros and doesn't seem to have hit the ground running in Serie A. Perhaps he could be the attacking right back that Man United need.

I'm actually doing a Man United rebuild myself, throwing away a bunch of big names before the start and going with budget signings at first. Feel free to check it out here:
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/624700/the-next-chapter-a-wayne-rooney-tale#latest
  • ManzGOTIT
    3081 posts National Call-Up
    Signed Darwin Nunez in January window, plan on selling him in the summer. His face is horrendous ffs

Nkunku has a decent generic. Might sign him instead….

Fabinho-Thiago
    Nkunku
    Mane-Jota-Salah

Or

Fabinho
    Thiago-Bellingham
    Firmino
    Salah-Mane

2nd String lineup
    Henderson
    Keita-Jones
    Bowen-Solanke-Diaz

All players interchanging and sh*t but yeah man proper enjoying it. Shame about the Nunez face, such a star in the making, gonna have to sell the kid
  • ManzGOTIT
    Noni Madueke would be a realistic signing who I can see Utd signing in the future and would strive too

I signed him in my CM with a create a club and he was ridiculously good, went beyond 93 I think
  • RollsReus
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Signed Darwin Nunez in January window, plan on selling him in the summer. His face is horrendous ffs

Fabinho-Thiago
    Nkunku
    Mane-Jota-Salah

Or

Fabinho
    Thiago-Bellingham
    Firmino
    Salah-Mane

2nd String lineup
    Henderson
    Keita-Jones
    Bowen-Solanke-Diaz

All players interchanging and sh*t but yeah man proper enjoying it. Shame about the Nunez face, such a star in the making, gonna have to sell the kid
    I cannot not advocate for Cucho Hernandez. I signed him on a whim also and he went into absolute God Mode for me. Broke the PL goalscoring record on legendary difficulty, which is something I've never done before. He scores all types of goals. Absolute legend.
  • Steffolovitch
    1079 posts Professional
    RollsReus wrote: »
    I cannot not advocate for Cucho Hernandez. I signed him on a whim also and he went into absolute God Mode for me. Broke the PL goalscoring record on legendary difficulty, which is something I've never done before. He scores all types of goals. Absolute legend.

Good to know! Just signed him in my Man United save! :smiley:

• RollsReus
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    Let me know how he gets on :)
  • ManzGOTIT

Fabinho-Thiago
    Nkunku
    Mane-Jota-Salah

Or

Fabinho
    Thiago-Bellingham
    Firmino
    Salah-Mane

2nd String lineup
    Henderson
    Keita-Jones
    Bowen-Solanke-Diaz

Might have to sign him 👀
  • Sorry, a bit unrelated but is there any way to change all kits to tight fitting (it looks better), rather than doing it all manually in the edit players section. I play on the PS5 console and it can take ages when starting a career mode to change them all manually
  • Steffolovitch
    1079 posts Professional

Will do! I'm not fully invested in it yet though, still keeping my West Brom save on wheels. But after that I'll kick off for real with the other.

• I had been enjoying a Be a Pro season, but I've started to enjoy it less as expectations have ramped up. I'm expected to play at least an 8.5 in each match, regardless of opposition. Other things like 5 interceptions inside the oppositions half when playing away against Barcelona. Ridiculous.

This is all in my first season. The progression of expectations needs to have much more of a curve than the current sharp increases.
  • ManzGOTIT
    Who you reckon should be my Salah replacement?
  • RollsReus
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got a few players in mind.

The obvious choice would be Madueke. But if you're like me ans don't like signing the obvious, I'd recommend Raphinha. I think he suits Liverpools style of play massively.

You could potentially also look at Oyarzabal. Bit more established but I get Luis Garcia vibes from that one. Potentially Zaniolo but not sure how quick he is. Leon Bailey is another.

And a total curveball: Alphonso Davies. Would be expensive but you can retrain him as a RW and working on his attacking skills. I think he'd slowly become an absolute gem in that position.

Let me know how you get on :)

• ManzGOTIT
    Got a few players in mind.

The obvious choice would be Madueke. But if you're like me ans don't like signing the obvious, I'd recommend Raphinha. I think he suits Liverpools style of play massively.

You could potentially also look at Oyarzabal. Bit more established but I get Luis Garcia vibes from that one. Potentially Zaniolo but not sure how quick he is. Leon Bailey is another.

And a total curveball: Alphonso Davies. Would be expensive but you can retrain him as a RW and working on his attacking skills. I think he'd slowly become an absolute gem in that position.

Let me know how you get on :)

Nice one Reussssssyyyyyy
    Am in 2025 and have 200m to spend lol but Chiesa is another one I might look into

Madueke I’m going to sign though as my #9 in game he was unreal in my Berlin CM
  • RollsReus
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was just going for the fast, left footed right winger inside forward profile. Best of luck!
  • Steffolovitch
    1079 posts Professional

I promised a feedback regarding Cucho Hernández, whom I've signed in my Man United save.

He's a beast, to be honest, nothing less. He is fast, strong and a great finisher. I can play him wide or centrally, he always just seems to deliver. He's been great in tight areas as well, seems like a great dribbler. He hasn't grown that much yet though, but that's just down to me deliberately restricting his game-time to avoid him growing to a 90+ OVR within a season or two. But he does outshine some of my other forwards, despite them boasting a higher OVR and greater value.
  • RollsReus
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    Glad to hear it, pal. Thought he was maybe an outlier for me but he's literally unbelievable!

To anyone reading this, get him snappppped up