Auto defending

JFK147
443 posts An Exciting Prospect
Can anyone explain how they utilise auto defending. I normally manually defend but it’s a losing battle and unrewarding. Connection doesn’t help either. When I leave my defenders to auto defend however they literally don’t engage at all. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

  • YidArmy
    2569 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are you using second man press?
  • JFK147
    443 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No not really. I don’t have the dexterity to use both tiers of the r bumpers
  • RadioShaq
    20815 posts Moderator
    People over exaggerate defending and say you can just set your controller down. As you can see that won’t work.

    If you can’t use bumpers maybe remap the buttons. You need to control 2-3 defenders with right stick switching while using second man loosely so not to drag everyone out.
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    i dont why my defedners are all over the place yet the opponets press like mad and never get tired...
  • Leo_D10S
    807 posts Semi-Pro
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People over exaggerate defending and say you can just set your controller down. As you can see that won’t work.

    If you can’t use bumpers maybe remap the buttons. You need to control 2-3 defenders with right stick switching while using second man loosely so not to drag everyone out.

    Lol, not true at all. So many times when someone has put their controller down. The AI is still auto tackling and blocking. Plus, why when the AI intercepts the always have it under control, but when you manually intercept the ball bounces around like a ping pong ball, and mostly back to the attacker..
  • Ballerson
    1674 posts Play-Off Hero
    Leo_D10S wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People over exaggerate defending and say you can just set your controller down. As you can see that won’t work.

    If you can’t use bumpers maybe remap the buttons. You need to control 2-3 defenders with right stick switching while using second man loosely so not to drag everyone out.

    Lol, not true at all. So many times when someone has put their controller down. The AI is still auto tackling and blocking. Plus, why when the AI intercepts the always have it under control, but when you manually intercept the ball bounces around like a ping pong ball, and mostly back to the attacker..


    The ai is nuked for op and nerfed for you at times, probably lag compensation. You will probably be on the winning side of the equation too, but most of us just want a fair balanced gaming experience & its really haphazard operationally.

    Imagine the challenge ea has with creating a balanced gaming experience between a guy in eastern europe 1800kms or more from the game center & you if you are in Holland…or you in dallas and op in Tegucigalpa, the connection speeds are different, proximity to iso servers, eas game servers, how the game is coded, so many self induced variables by ea — it would be more legal and ethical for ea to post that their gaming experience will be unfair because they cannot guarantee the connection speeds ettc…but regulators are on to them or will be once they sniff the money and farcical delivery of services…
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    this game is simply umplayable online who the hell can the opponents always move so fast yet my palyers do NOTHING such a joke yet EA refuse to fix it... Only way they will elarn if noone gets FIFA 23 which wont sadly happen
  • Slip
    509 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JFK147 wrote: »
    No not really. I don’t have the dexterity to use both tiers of the r bumpers

    Are u kidding? Do u have 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand? If u can't use index finger and the one next it and the thumbs at the same time ur going to lose a lot of games unless u have an adapted controller. No ai defending will help u not being able to use two fingers at once 🙄
  • JFK147
    443 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Slip wrote: »
    JFK147 wrote: »
    No not really. I don’t have the dexterity to use both tiers of the r bumpers

    Are u kidding? Do u have 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand? If u can't use index finger and the one next it and the thumbs at the same time ur going to lose a lot of games unless u have an adapted controller. No ai defending will help u not being able to use two fingers at once 🙄

    I am not elite player but I have managed relatively well. I am nearly 50 years of age and finished in Div 2 in Fifa 21 and top 100 on squad battles. Not doing so bad with two fingers and two thumbs. I am too old to change the way I hold my controller haha.
  • libertao
    1954 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2022
    It's about right-stick switching, second-man press without pulling important defenders out of position, switching back and forth between sprint-jockey and regular jockey (since they disabled auto-jockey this year for online play), and the elite defenders separate themselves through predicting play to where it seems like they are "pressing like mad" but really they are right-stick switching to the player they think you will pass to ahead of time or they are predicting which way you will turn (possibly while using second man press in case they guess wrong).

    As far as the AI doing everything, I know that when I have to put my controller down or run out of batteries (I stopped getting the on-screen notification for some reason), the opponent scores before I can get back to my controller 9/10 times.
Sign In or Register to comment.