w04g3icuf8xa.png
  • gavin2903
    723 posts Semi-Pro
    Great to see Leeds bringing Yorkshire born homegrown talent home
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    gavin2903 wrote: »
    Great to see Leeds bringing Yorkshire born homegrown talent home

I imagined you'd be fond of that one. During the transfer window they've also signed another Raoila client, Ryan Gravenberch, so I expect Leeds to be a better version of themselves, once I get this on the road!
  • gavin2903
    723 posts Semi-Pro
    They've obviously been checking out my shortlist
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    gbcs4h5m0pon.png
  • LAboog4
    1156 posts Professional
    I hope this appointment happens one day, would be fun to see. I’m interested to see how he shapes United and your plan.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    I hope this appointment happens one day, would be fun to see. I’m interested to see how he shapes United and your plan.

Thanks mate! Yeah I could see it happen one day as well. The way he's managed Derby, despite all the extra obstacles there, I'm full of praise of it. And Man United need a manager with that talent for being grounded, even in the center of a storm. Perhaps he's not there yet, and I'm also quick to get carried away, like I also was with the appointment of Giggsy back in the day. So perhaps it's wise not to jump in too soon.

Anyway, my plan here is to start with a few budget signings, in stead of signing expensive players, who probably wouldn't find the club to be that attractive these days. And then, in time, when the results and balance in the squad have improved, then I might start to go after a few big names.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    s7t60c9luuw2.png
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    0nt0esqpa2jc.png
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    xnr1smaux5fw.png
  • LAboog4
    1156 posts Professional
    Good start to the season. I like the squad overall. Still some pieces needed but overall you have strong players to build around.

Tarkowski, McTominay, Sancho and Toney are good players down the middle to build with.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good start to the season. I like the squad overall. Still some pieces needed but overall you have strong players to build around.

Tarkowski, McTominay, Sancho and Toney are good players down the middle to build with.

Thanks mate! Yeah it's not the signings I would wish for in real life, but just an idea to break down the house and then to rebuild over time. We'll see how it goes. So far the start has been better than expected.
  • gavin2903
    723 posts Semi-Pro
    Thought you were having a funny 6 minutes missing Rashford off your squad list then looked at first post again, I missed that first time round to Arsenal as well!

Good start shame about the Leeds result 😕 🤣
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thought you were having a funny 6 minutes missing Rashford off your squad list then looked at first post again, I missed that first time round to Arsenal as well!

Good start shame about the Leeds result 😕 🤣

Yeah, I removed Rashy before the start, seemed right to let him do a "Welbeck", in stead of having him staying and being as overpowered as he is in FIFA, compared to his real life form in the last few seasons. Hopefully he can find his best form again IRL, but until then it just felt wrong to keep him in the game, as I just knew he would be this world class forward, which feels wrong and unrealistic at the moment.

In the save I won't rule out bringing him back at some point though. We'll see.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    nmb0fjv8ph0c.png
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    1qmi0a7aulba.png
    6slc90ygv775.png
    kg0p43ihr4fy.png
  • gavin2903
    723 posts Semi-Pro
    Thumping result against Aberdeen after the dissapointment of Rennes. Interesting with Lingard but Nevile is right, also despite the ongoing joke of this lad has got potential in reality he's pushing 30 now which does seem crazy. I do believe he's an underrated player and when there was talk of him actually leaving you this season I got called all sorts of names by fellow Leeds fans for wanting him and that he'd have shined under a then Bielsa. The irony is I kept getting told we don't buy from Scum then we got Dan James 🤣

Anyways back to this, even if he is performing well I could realistically see him not staying beyond this season. Also good start in the league sitting where you ought to be
  • LAboog4
    1156 posts Professional
    Amazing result in the Europa Conference, 8-0! Old Trafford must become a fortress again if United ever want to return to being a dominating team. Much like Liverpool at Anfield, teams need to fear going there again. Right now I do not think anyone fears playing at Man United.

Very interested on Lingard. I'm a fan of his, but like @gavin2903 said, he is pushing 30. The potential he has should have been turned into product by now but for multiple reasons (some out of his control) he has not done that. It would be best for both sides to end his era at United and move him on imo.

Do you let him go for free or try selling him?
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thumping result against Aberdeen after the dissapointment of Rennes. Interesting with Lingard but Nevile is right, also despite the ongoing joke of this lad has got potential in reality he's pushing 30 now which does seem crazy. I do believe he's an underrated player and when there was talk of him actually leaving you this season I got called all sorts of names by fellow Leeds fans for wanting him and that he'd have shined under a then Bielsa. The irony is I kept getting told we don't buy from Scum then we got Dan James 🤣

Anyways back to this, even if he is performing well I could realistically see him not staying beyond this season. Also good start in the league sitting where you ought to be

In truth he should already have left here in the summer, having fast forwarded a year to start in 2022 storywise. So him staying beyond that was already a stretch in a way. Man United do have a lot of these "+1 year" contracts, so perhaps that was just enabled here, to make him a transitional figure in Rooney's rebuild.

You're not wrong to see him do well at a club like Leeds, just look at how he shone at West Ham. But the way I see it, he really needs that kind of crucial role to shine.

Amazing result in the Europa Conference, 8-0! Old Trafford must become a fortress again if United ever want to return to being a dominating team. Much like Liverpool at Anfield, teams need to fear going there again. Right now I do not think anyone fears playing at Man United.

Very interested on Lingard. I'm a fan of his, but like @gavin2903 said, he is pushing 30. The potential he has should have been turned into product by now but for multiple reasons (some out of his control) he has not done that. It would be best for both sides to end his era at United and move him on imo.

Do you let him go for free or try selling him?

Agree. No one fears Old Trafford, and no one fears Man United. Except players who are approached with an offer to go there. They should be afraid of getting their careers ruined :neutral:

Agree about Lingard, some things were out of his control, for instance the signing of Bruno Fernandes. Lingard has played his best football in exactly that central number 10 position, so the arrival of the Portuguese was practically the end of Lingard's opportunities to become a regular starter. And since he's quite useless off the bench, it was practically the end of his Man United career as well.

I haven't transfer listed him, and with a market value of only £15M, I just plan to let the contract run out. But I won't turn down offers, should they come, and I could also consider using him in a swap deal, if the opportunity arises. We'll see in January.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    8ij0q3lr8e0q.png

3hmrznh36o7d.png

v8qiwf75bd9q.png
  • Danimal5981
    3026 posts National Call-Up
    Rooney at Man U: the first real appointment for an Englishman since Ron Atkinson in the early 80's.
    He made it to 2 FA Cups at the time. Would be quite the achievement if you can better that (given recent times at the club)
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rooney at Man U: the first real appointment for an Englishman since Ron Atkinson in the early 80's.
    He made it to 2 FA Cups at the time. Would be quite the achievement if you can better that (given recent times at the club)

Thanks for the historic insight mate. Yeah Atkinson had a decent record, though nothing compared to his successor. And you're right. For Man United to get those results, from where they are now, that would require something extraordinary in the management of the club.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    db066bkx8fx2.png

pa4qytvmp3lr.png

66cv1s3pnt7y.png
  • gavin2903
    723 posts Semi-Pro
    Sancho seems to have completely rejuvenated under Rooney even if the results in general have been hit and miss of late. Despite that things a close still and only 2 points off top 4. I'm sure everyone associated with United will hope for a turn in form as Sancho's might start attracting some unwanted attention from elsewhere
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sancho seems to have completely rejuvenated under Rooney even if the results in general have been hit and miss of late. Despite that things a close still and only 2 points off top 4. I'm sure everyone associated with United will hope for a turn in form as Sancho's might start attracting some unwanted attention from elsewhere

Yes, I'm sure he would attract attention. But - spoiler alert - he isn't going anywhere, if I have a say in it. You can say he's rejuvenated, but in my opinion he has begun already under Rangnick. Obviously he hasn't quite hit these numbers, but he has still improved drastically since his poor start at the club, and I could easily see ten Hag build the future Man United offence around him somehow. And from what I've seen in this save, that's also going to be the case in Rooney's rebuild.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    2tc6d374gcwv.png
    ex84a3g7s8p1.png

aqbc5gdlqzkt.png

36gi0nyg4eyp.png

mqibd0081jf6.png
  • LAboog4
    1156 posts Professional
    Love the memes and characters added! Results have really improved, the young stars like Sancho are looking very promising and carrying the team. Liverpool will be hard to catch but the way results are going, you can jump into second in a month or two if the triangle on top stays hot.

I agree with Keane. It doesn't matter how you win right now. Just winning is all that matters. Once you establish as a top team then you can look to add style and go back to the United way.

love the Sourness quote!
  • Danimal5981
    3026 posts National Call-Up
    The magic's still not back at Manchester United. For now, it's another of those post-Ferguson seasons.
    It doesn't really matter whether your name is Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Solskjaer or Rooney.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Love the memes and characters added! Results have really improved, the young stars like Sancho are looking very promising and carrying the team. Liverpool will be hard to catch but the way results are going, you can jump into second in a month or two if the triangle on top stays hot.

I agree with Keane. It doesn't matter how you win right now. Just winning is all that matters. Once you establish as a top team then you can look to add style and go back to the United way.

love the Sourness quote!

Haha, thanks mate. Thought really hard about something clever for Souness to say, but couldn't figure out anything not related to Pogba, even though he's not even in the club anymore. :lol: What a broken record, unfortunately he wasn't that wrong, considering the Frenchman's less impressive stint at United.

You're right, at some point United fans would want to see an attacking team playing attractive football. But there are a few steps more important to take first, for instance becoming a team that is hard to beat.

The magic's still not back at Manchester United. For now, it's another of those post-Ferguson seasons.
    It doesn't really matter whether your name is Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Solskjaer or Rooney.

You're right, the club is in deed a sick patient, and the problems lie in the very top and not with this or that manager or this or that player.

However, a 4th place six points off isn't too bad IMO. And it could turn out to become a very special season, if the results improve just a bit. We'll see. Otherwise it's just about doing the groundwork, before things kick off for real in the next few seasons.
  • Steffolovitch
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    br1sx3tw3j7h.png

1p0hyo4bzg64.png