Why are all the newer promo cards prices starting to rise sky high?

rikstar
639 posts Semi-Pro
As title says, i have been following futbin pretty much religiously daily as i have had my eye on some of the new promo players to try them out to see if they fit into my squads. I purchased a couple of players when their prices were seemingly at their lowest (Bamba and Martinelli) and was also thinking about getting a couple more (Camavinga and Martins). Their prices were quite steady for a couple of days, somewhere in the low 500k range but they have suddenly started to rise and rise and now there well into the 600k range and still rising.

I am still waiting for Paqueta and Sanchos prices from the fut birthday promo to come down but they to are still too expensive for me.

When will these cards start to fall again to a reasonable price range?

Comments

• Fozberry
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Either when a better equivalent comes out, or TOTS.
    For FUT Birthday they're out of packs a while now, and will need another better of the same type to replace them to possibly bring down the price.

For the current crop it's different, we're gambling on them as live cards, so the price has in a potential +3. If a chance of a prospective upgrades gone, they'll fall a bit.
  • False_Nine
    1433 posts Professional
    I’d be really interested to know what the drop rate is on these cards. Only 4 Dembele’s on the last gen Xbox market right now? I mean, I suppose it’s possible that people are hoarding them, but at 4 million a pop?
  • player
    1201 posts Professional
    That Sancho card is in top 5 cards.
    I think his price will be steady for long time.
    I want him badly.
  • player wrote: »
    I want him badly.

Everything will drop once the TOTS hype starts.

Everything will drop even more once TOTS are in Packs.
  • Team Sam
    4086 posts National Call-Up
  • player
    1201 posts Professional
    player wrote: »
    I want him badly.

Everything will drop once the TOTS hype starts.

Everything will drop even more once TOTS are in Packs.

I'm sure his price drop,but in his case not a lot.
    Not many tots will have 5 ⭐ 5 ⭐.
  • AULERT
    1926 posts Fans' Favourite
    I want him badly.

Played against him yesterday, he's worth his price for sure.
  • Lackosweat
    11637 posts Has That Special Something
    The best FB cards held their values really well based on previous years. 5* 5* are that important in game.
  • EekAlaska
    3143 posts National Call-Up
    I want him badly.

Got him and Kroos untradeable. Love Sancho, either scores a hat trick or at least a goal a game, plus he is fun to just try and dribble through the entire opposition team with.
  • leon1309
    4528 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2022
    Sancho is definitely one of the best cards I tried this year ( and I used him as RM). Sold him early for 750k ( only made cca 30k profit) as fifa rubbed me the wrong way and I decided to sell off my club, but did not really expect him to rise a lot as tots is around the corner...well, goes to show.
  • Saiyajin
    1212 posts Professional
    Any reviews on PIM Eusebio? R9 Prime missed so many chances, maybe because of 89 compusure.
  • CheeseSlice
    2234 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mite get a sif neymar this week ..:wonder how that would impact the market aye