82 of the last 100 goals I've conceded have been undefendable cutbacks. Time to uninstall.

princeapalia
1649 posts Play-Off Hero
This has gone from my being favourite FIFA since 13 before Christmas, to so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ unplayable I've had to uninstall it. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ EA and their pathetic patches that cater for shitkids.

Every single game of classic cup is park the bus > through ball spam > cutbacks that my AI is incapable of marking.

Every game of rivals is park the bus > through ball spam > cutbacks that my AI is incapable of marking.

Every game of friendlies is is park the bus > through ball spam > cutbacks that my AI is incapable of marking.

Every game of WL is is park the bus > through ball spam > cutbacks that my AI is incapable of marking.

82 of the last 100 goals that I've conceded have been the same pathetic driven pass across goal that my active defender refuses to intercept, and my other defender AI refuses to mark the attacker for a tap in. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ everything about this compan

Comments

• SJR440
    9079 posts League Winner
    This has gone from my being favourite FIFA since 13 before Christmas, to so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ unplayable I've had to uninstall it. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ EA and their pathetic patches that cater for shitkids.

Every single game of classic cup is park the bus > through ball spam > cutbacks that my AI is incapable of marking.

Every game of rivals is park the bus > through ball spam > cutbacks that my AI is incapable of marking.

Every game of friendlies is is park the bus > through ball spam > cutbacks that my AI is incapable of marking.

Every game of WL is is park the bus > through ball spam > cutbacks that my AI is incapable of marking.

82 of the last 100 goals that I've conceded have been the same pathetic driven pass across goal that my active defender refuses to intercept, and my other defender AI refuses to mark the attacker for a tap in. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ everything about this compan

It's depressing how bad this game and the community has got.
  • SJR440 wrote: »

This has definitely got worse with every patch. It’s like eas goal to break this game in every way possible
  • BadSeedsFC
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    The old and fishy "tap tap tipitipitipi tap in taparou tap tap in in tap in" doing mind games with the players... I feel you, OP.

I try to wait until the last moment to press B (Xbox) with one of my CBs after the cut back is done to perform a block. It works 2 out of 3 times. Not 100% effective. But it's something.

Don't let the abuse of mechanics gets to you. Just keep going and bounce back with beautiful goals.
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    SJR440 wrote: »

This has definitely got worse with every patch. It’s like eas goal to break this game in every way possible

It really has.

I used to see so many different types of goals scored around November/December, now it's almost exclusively the exact same type of goal.

Pathetic game, it had potential to be the best in years, but EA insisted on pandering to the lower denomenator of rats.

• princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 25
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    If you’ve conceded cut back goals 82/100 there’s only one thing to blame and that’s yourself.

Lmao k

I'm defensively solid normally, that's why I barely concede 'regular' goals, but there's nothing you can do when your AI refuses to block the cutbacks, and your opponent is only spamming that pass across goal over and over and over.
  • Thermae
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 25
    If you’ve conceded cut back goals 82/100 there’s only one thing to blame and that’s yourself.

Aye Danny is right here, the majority of people you play usually stick to one tactic.. skillers, counter, hog possession and the classic cut back… Once you figure out what, you tailor your defence in a way to stop this…

Rarely will people try something different unless it’s the ol constant pressure tactic late on to try and grab a winner / equaliser…

If I concede the first time and early; fair play… if I concede again like this within the game it’s purely my fault for not adjusting…

Sorry but… :#
  • Fifapayne
    6463 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 25
    2nd man press the ball carrier and guard the man that is the obvious cut back….just this last weekend league I must have stopped 15-20 of them

Like someone above said — these people usually do it all the time too
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thermae wrote: »

Aye Danny is right here, the majority of people you play usually stick to one tactic.. skillers, counter, hog possession and the classic cut back… Once you figure out what, you tailor your defence in a way to stop this…

Rarely will people try something different unless it’s the ol constant pressure tactic late on to try and grab a winner / equaliser…

If I concede the first time and early; fair play… if I concede again like this within the game it’s purely my fault for not adjusting…

Sorry but… :#

Nope, I'm just going to copy+paste the same response

"I'm defensively solid normally, that's why I barely concede 'regular' goals, but there's nothing you can do when your AI refuses to block the cutbacks, and your opponent is only spamming that pass across goal over and over and over"

You can't tailor your defence when you have no control over whether your AI will make the block or not.

And if you make the cutback rather than the ball carrier, it's too easy to walk along the byline for an even better cutback angle, or slam a shot near post against the braindead GKs.
  • Hammer316
    4082 posts National Call-Up
    Hats off to ur dedication for counting those

😂😂😂

Cutbacks are a pain but to call them undefendable is just plain wrong.
  • john_d_efc
    3163 posts National Call-Up

Usually I'd agree but when you read it, place the defender in front of the attacker and it goes through the defender, you can't defend it
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 25
    Hammer316 wrote: »

😂😂😂

When I've done everything single thing correct in the defence, but my player directly in the way of the cutback has failed the interception (which happens so often)... that's undefendable.

When EA want that ball to go to the attacker, there's nothing you can do at times.
  • Thefranchise92
    6649 posts Big Money Move
    Just use rb to second man press the guy passing and defend the passing lane. Not difficult
  • Safckje
    1285 posts Professional
    Just use rb to second man press the guy passing and defend the passing lane. Not difficult

This. Depending on the angle I’m not even bothered if they shoot sometimes.
  • Bags
    2045 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do you sit your team inside your box? I have found by far the best way to score against people who play deep, drop back and rely on auto blocks is to get down the sides of the box and sweat it across for a tap in
  • Orison
    73927 posts Icon

😂😂😂

When I've done everything single thing correct in the defence, but my player directly in the way of the cutback has failed the interception (which happens so often)... that's undefendable.

When EA want that ball to go to the attacker, there's nothing you can do at times.

You are simply lying to yourself pal.

You are neither not solid in defense nor have you done everything correct in defense if you keep conceding cutbacks.

If you ain't going 19-0 in basically every WL and you ain't winning almost all your games in rivals then you haven't done everything correct.
  • abhreebhu_45
    14877 posts World Class
    Orison wrote: »

😂😂😂

You are neither not solid in defense nor have you done everything correct in defense if you keep conceding cutbacks.

If you ain't going 19-0 in basically every WL and you ain't winning almost all your games in rivals then you haven't done everything correct.

😆 🤣 😂
  • SeñorCatflap
    1845 posts Play-Off Hero

😂😂😂

Anybody can concede the occasional cutback with a lapse in concentration but he definetly can't blame the game if he concedes 82 out of 100 them 😂
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero

😂😂😂

Zzzzzz another pointless condescending comment from one of the biggest clowns on this sub
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bags wrote: »
    Do you sit your team inside your box? I have found by far the best way to score against people who play deep, drop back and rely on auto blocks is to get down the sides of the box and sweat it across for a tap in

Literally the opposite, I play 3 atb high depth

• OZero
    7609 posts League Winner
    I conceded just 2 cut in goals last WL. Hmm...
  • broxigaz
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero

😂😂😂

Bet your a hit with ladies big man 😂
  • Orison
    73927 posts Icon

😂😂😂

Anybody can concede the occasional cutback with a lapse in concentration but he definetly can't blame the game if he concedes 82 out of 100 them 😂

There are definetely "undefendeable" goals, but those usually include you putting in 5 successful tackles and the ball bouncing back 5x.

Fair enough then.

But to concede 82 cutbacks only to claim that you couldn't do anything, because your AI didn't block it...
  • Moiizer
    15202 posts World Class
    I love a good its the game that makes me lose nothing to do with me post.
  • Furrag85
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    Earlier in the game cycle, driven passes to the strikers and cut backs were massively OP.

They definitely rectified the latter, and slightly nerfed by upping interceptions. It was an improvement. They've clearly rolled it back to then, and by increasing the depth between mids and defenders, have c*cked it right up.
  • Fifapayne
    6463 posts Big Money Move
    broxigaz wrote: »

😂😂😂

Bet your a hit with ladies big man 😂

Stating the truth

Relax
  • RadioShaq
    19975 posts Moderator
    You shouldn’t have to manually defend all 11 players. It would be different if offense was manual but people can just spam laser passes into the box. They really need to buff defense.