Career Mode in need for updates/realism

covfefe14
15 posts Last Pick at the Park
There has to made some improvements in this feature

For one when there is a records need to be kept
There should be one with a trophy room, and club + league records, for example you get an notification in game that says a season to remember where a player is about to break the most goals in a season record and it says how many goals the previous records is, when broken and you have come into the next season and this notification comes up again the previous record is shown as the one the is gonna get broken as in
X player has scored 20 goals and is expected to reach 38 goals breaking the record of 32 and he breaks the record by even one goal so the player that you have has reached 33 and broken the record
The next year the 32 record is still the one standing

When choosing clubs you get an overview of how many trophies the club you choose has won, there should be a trophy/record room where you see the trophies and add more trophies when you win
Also there should be a be a top 3 or something of goals scorers and clean sheets
Super cups should count as trophies won
Records for most league trophies should also be seen and there should be objectives to win the maybe 3 league titles in 5 years and break the current record or something like this.

Transfers need updates, as in chelsea and arsenal cant transfer between them even though this happens alot in real life, the only transfers that for example seem unrealistic for arsenal are between them and spurs
There are alot of these in the leagues between teams that do business in real life, one of the most ludacris is that getafe and valencia are seen as rivals that wont do business together.
Managers should like in Football Manager be able to comment on players from different clubs, and this should have an impact if a player who has 1 year left on contract would be willing to sign a new one at their current club or be able to wait until january so they can negotiate with another club.
Contract negotiations should also be more complicated, like in real life, not always accepting the first offer presented.

Injuries are to unrealistic since the only or most common ones are 5 days and 6-7 months, should be more 4-5 weeks and maybe 2 months. 6-7 months should be a rarity
Also there should be more injuries since you buy backup players in case of injuries.

The more realistic this feature is (career mode) the more enjoyable it also is.

Comments

• covfefe14
    Another thing is forgot to mention is that when a player is on loan and you recall him at the end of the season, i usually do this after the last match of the season as to set a training schedule right away for them, they stand as Exicting prospect but the next season even though they havent played a match or anything they went from exciting to showing great potential.
    makes no sense.
  • Steffolovitch
    2392 posts Fans' Favourite
    covfefe14 wrote: »
    Another thing is forgot to mention is that when a player is on loan and you recall him at the end of the season, i usually do this after the last match of the season as to set a training schedule right away for them, they stand as Exicting prospect but the next season even though they havent played a match or anything they went from exciting to showing great potential.
    makes no sense.

That's the dynamic potential working for you. When you end a season, a player's potential/value will go up or down on June 30th, depending on how much or how well the player has performed. Sense or no sense, that's just how it is these days. Go to the Squad Hub and check it out, if you weren't aware. Values will change, when going from 29th to 30th of June, and a drop in value will indicate a similar drop in potential.

So when you are lucky to have a player out on loan, you should NOT recall him, cause you can never get to play him enough to keep his potential, when you recall him this late. And besides, you'll need to play a young player A LOT to avoid him dropping potential.
  • covfefe14
    thanks didnt know that

but shouldnt there be a record keeping of seasons though?
    trophy room etc. i feel it would enhance the sense of accomplisment, also it would make it more exciting to try to break player records, trying to get a striker to become record goalscorer for the club or a goalkeeper record clean sheets + trying to break league/cup records, for trophies, most goal scored in a season
    i am seriously thinking about not buying fifa again until this has become a part of the game because manager mode (which is the only one i play) has been too monotonus because of lack of improvement
  • Steffolovitch
    covfefe14 wrote: »
    thanks didnt know that

but shouldnt there be a record keeping of seasons though?

You're welcome. And yes, I think that would be a great addition. And I have several other ideas for new features, for instance hiring staff, managing a youth team, getting new sponsors and kits over time etc. But to be honest, I'm more concerned about the flaws of the game mode, rather than wanting new features in it.

As it is, if you play a young player in all your games, he'll get a handsome boost to his potential at the end of the season. And within one or two seasons, depending on his current potential, he could easily grow to a potential in the 90's. It shouldn't be this easy! The way I play the game, I'm actually forcing myself to keep my best players out of the squad occationally, just to keep it a bit realistic and avoid them growing to a 98 OVR and/or a +£100M value. And I look forward to the day where the dynamic potential stop being so overpowered, also stopping a young player's development completely, if he doesn't get around 35 games a season.

I do still enjoy the game mode though, but only after putting in a serious effort to make it harder for myself. And it really shouldn't be that way.
  • They need to put the face scans that occur via patches into already saved career modes.
  • Master110
    1160 posts Professional
    Rumor is fifa 23 will be last game with offline play
  • Milian90
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Idk if this has already been mentioned, but all I play is career mode and I get sick of the monotony. Manger mode allows you to work with contracts limitedly, but at least that’s something. But player mode only allows you to request transfer or retire. It’s seems pretty simple and straightforward to me, but why can’t we request our contract to be reviewed in player mode. Maybe have a sit down with our agents? Possibly send notices to other teams we might be interested in transferring to? I get that online play and FUT are the most used parts of the game, but there are those of us who enjoy a simple career mode too. 17 tried something new and that was exciting but they quit on it in 18. I’m not saying I want a storyline like that, but career mode should be more exciting and fresh with every new year too.

Also I read something similar above, it is way too easy to get high overalls. I’ve upped the difficulty level I play on to try to make it a challenge and it’s still too easy. Not very realistic.
  • This sub/starting 11 manager rating sounded like a good idea until I saw how it works. If you get injured for more than a few days your rating gets tanked.
    What’s worse is when you are a sub and come in in the 85th minute and have to reach unreasonable goals to gain manager ratings. I come on and in 5 minutes assist two goals but because I didn’t score from distance, or get a 30% cross success rate (I didn’t get a chance to make a cross) and my rating went from 6.5, my target, to 6.4 AFTER the final whistle for some reason, despite the two assists.

As a result of not meeting these challenges I LOST manager rating despite being the best player on the pitch for the 5 minutes I was on.

Oh, and the reason I was a sub for the National team to begin with, I got a 5 month injury and my manager rating did a nose dive.
  • pdesbois
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This sub/starting 11 manager rating sounded like a good idea until I saw how it works. If you get injured for more than a few days your rating gets tanked.
    What’s worse is when you are a sub and come in in the 85th minute and have to reach unreasonable goals to gain manager ratings. I come on and in 5 minutes assist two goals but because I didn’t score from distance, or get a 30% cross success rate (I didn’t get a chance to make a cross) and my rating went from 6.5, my target, to 6.4 AFTER the final whistle for some reason, despite the two assists.

As a result of not meeting these challenges I LOST manager rating despite being the best player on the pitch for the 5 minutes I was on.

Oh, and the reason I was a sub for the National team to begin with, I got a 5 month injury and my manager rating did a nose dive.

sorry, but this is funny! of course, it makes no sense at all, and i imagine the frustration of putting effort, time etc... for a basic design/ programming flaw.

off topic: can anyone pls tell me, I play Manager Career mode, do Board Objectives change every season? does each of them have to be completed before changing?

thx!
  • Steffolovitch
    pdesbois wrote: »
    off topic: can anyone pls tell me, I play Manager Career mode, do Board Objectives change every season? does each of them have to be completed before changing?

thx!

Yes, board objectives change every season, UNLESS the objective has a short term and long term goal. For instance: Short term - qualify for Champions League. Long term - win the league within two seasons. There are also youth objectives, where you're supposed to find a youth player in season one and play him in 50% of games in season two. And then you will obviously keep that objective for the second season as well.

You don't need to complete the objectives, your manager rating will just drop if you don't, and then you're given new objectives in the following season.
  • Cobblers
    567 posts An Exciting Prospect
    pdesbois wrote: »
    This sub/starting 11 manager rating sounded like a good idea until I saw how it works. If you get injured for more than a few days your rating gets tanked.

sorry, but this is funny! of course, it makes no sense at all, and i imagine the frustration of putting effort, time etc... for a basic design/ programming flaw.

thx!

Management objectives, and the managerial rating you get as a result, is a work in progress (I am being kind here). The propensity for the game to downgrade your rating is an ongoing running sore with regular career mode players, so you are 'advised' accordingly.

Some of the objectives often don't make sense, like demanding a League 1 club in England make a profit of £170 million, but there you go.
  • pdesbois
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    unrelated qvestion to topic (well, slightly since relates to "update"...), but can there be "new" teams included later this year, in their Regional Tournaments (e.g., brasil has 12 teams in Liga 1 only)?

thx!
  • ed33
    8 posts Ball Boy
    I would like to see the media and supporters play a bigger part. Do the board ignore the wishes for you to go and give you another season or do they show you the exit.

I also like to see more realistic and harder transfers than at present. Lets see i take a small or medium team and signing players like Messi etc. Is a big no-no due to financials', Prestige of club and manager.

FIFA 23 career needs to be more tougher but fun if you get me.
  • Steffolovitch
    ed33 wrote: »
    I would like to see the media and supporters play a bigger part. Do the board ignore the wishes for you to go and give you another season or do they show you the exit.

I also like to see more realistic and harder transfers than at present. Lets see i take a small or medium team and signing players like Messi etc. Is a big no-no due to financials', Prestige of club and manager.

Career mode is very easy, I'll agree to that. There's no challenge in keeping your best players, and youngsters can easily grow to 90+ potential just by playing them regularly. In my opinion, to keep it interesting, you really need to find ways to make it harder for yourself. 'Cause the game mode doesn't really provide a challenge.

For media and supporters to play a part, yeah, that could be one way to increase the pressure on the manager, eventually increasing the challenge of playing career mode as well. However, with the state of interviews and press conferences being absolutely meaningless and something I just skip 99% of the time, I really don't have any hope for fans and media interaction to be a successful inclusion in the game mode.
  • Cobblers

Career mode is very easy, I'll agree to that. There's no challenge in keeping your best players, and youngsters can easily grow to 90+ potential just by playing them regularly. In my opinion, to keep it interesting, you really need to find ways to make it harder for yourself. 'Cause the game mode doesn't really provide a challenge.

For media and supporters to play a part, yeah, that could be one way to increase the pressure on the manager, eventually increasing the challenge of playing career mode as well. However, with the state of interviews and press conferences being absolutely meaningless and something I just skip 99% of the time, I really don't have any hope for fans and media interaction to be a successful inclusion in the game mode.

" I really don't have any hope for fans and media interaction to be a successful inclusion in the game mode." That would probably require a whole host of coding, and therefore cost, that they really aren't going to commit to Career Mode. FUT is the priority.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5509 posts Big Money Move
    Cobblers wrote: »

" I really don't have any hope for fans and media interaction to be a successful inclusion in the game mode." That would probably require a whole host of coding, and therefore cost, that they really aren't going to commit to Career Mode. FUT is the priority.

FUT isn't the priority for Career Mode devs...
  • Cobblers

But that depends on how many developers they have for CM, relative to FUT.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5509 posts Big Money Move

3 according to the FIFA 23 Career Mode Pitch Notes. That's more than enough to fix all the bugs that they haven't addressed for 3+ years and add 3x as many new features (most of them are in past games and just need porting back) than they currently do..

Honestly, PC modders put EA devs to shame..
  • Cobblers

3 according to the FIFA 23 Career Mode Pitch Notes. That's more than enough to fix all the bugs that they haven't addressed for 3+ years and add 3x as many new features (most of them are in past games and just need porting back) than they currently do..

Honestly, PC modders put EA devs to shame..

Then I wonder why they don't? Any thoughts?
  • Steffolovitch

My thought is that EA generate most of its income from FUT, when players feel they need to pay extra money to get the best cards or whatever. I've never played myself (except a quick try years ago), so I wouldn't know the details. But if this is true, EA would obviously have an interest in attracting most of its players to FUT, rather than have them play Career Mode and spend only what the game might cost in the first place.

Obviously they need Career Mode in the game, or someone like me would never buy it, but I have a feeling they actually want it to be bugged, hoping that we will end up playing FUT in stead, once we've purchased it. This is my take, perhaps I'm right, perhaps I'm wrong. Regardless, I won't be found playing FUT anyway. And I'm still enjoying Career Mode, despite its many and obvious flaws and bugs.
  • Cobblers

My thought is that EA generate most of its income from FUT, when players feel they need to pay extra money to get the best cards or whatever. I've never played myself (except a quick try years ago), so I wouldn't know the details. But if this is true, EA would obviously have an interest in attracting most of its players to FUT, rather than have them play Career Mode and spend only what the game might cost in the first place.

Obviously they need Career Mode in the game, or someone like me would never buy it, but I have a feeling they actually want it to be bugged, hoping that we will end up playing FUT in stead, once we've purchased it. This is my take, perhaps I'm right, perhaps I'm wrong. Regardless, I won't be found playing FUT anyway. And I'm still enjoying Career Mode, despite its many and obvious flaws and bugs.

FUT very definitely is the cash cow. I know someone whose lad plays it, and they are quite upset about the amount of money that they end up giving him to get the cards, etc. I suspect they are one of the many people who are going to have a very fraught conversation with their kids in the coming months, as belts tighten.

I won't play FUT either. If necessary, I'll go back to one of the older versions (20, or 21), if they ever end career mode. I probably will buy 23, simply because I can't live with the UCL bug in 22, and I think it's a disgraceful thing that EA has done in not fixing it, when they obviously know what's causing the issue. I have been playing continuously since the very early versions, firstly on PC. I play on XBOX these days, having migrated there via the GameCube and Wii.
  • i agree
  • Juan27
    1 posts Ball Boy
    When are you going to add back all the National Teams from South America , the World Cup sucks with out them !!
  • The biggest problem for realism IMO is that the distribution of abilities and potentials of players becomes completely unrealistic after 4-5 seasons. Here are my main problems and proposed solutions.

**Potentials too high for too many players**
    It’s currently unrealistic with unrealistic potential for too many players.
    If it was like this in real life, in 10 years time, we will be seeing at least 30 players as good as Messi and Ronaldo - the two considered the greatest of all time.
    *I would propose:*
    - *either reduce max potentials or make it much harder to reach maximum potential as currently it is absolutely guaranteed.*
    - *significantly reduce the impact of dynamic potential. I don’t want my Origi to be as good as Ronaldo at 32.*
    - *make it much harder to find youth players with such high potential. Currently, I come across 3-4 Messis per season.*

**Youth player and regen traits do not reflect how real players are rated**
    There are very rarely real players with 80+ ability that don’t have any traits in the game. In contrast, almost no YA players or regents have traits. This again means that the new generation looks nothing like the old generation.
    - *give all players with 82+ potential at least 1 trait*

**It’s too easy to make a team of H/H workrate players with 5* weak foot and skill moves**
    This just doesn’t reflect real life. Normally, a player is two-footed or hard working as a youth and it is very hard to change it. It makes finding a youth player with these attributes or weaknesses completely pointless because you can just train them anyway. It completely removes individuality.
    - *make it take years to change work rates unless someone has a special trait*
    - *limit the increase of weak foot to +1 unless player has exceptional potential (90+)*
    - *remove ability to change skill ability*

**Physical attributes are natural - FIFA’s player development ignores this**
    You can just train players to become bullet fast over time. Players with high potential inevitably become 90+ pace players. Again, this reduces player individuality. Treating physical attributes like any other stat also means players like James Milner have their stamina reduced with age even though he is still the fittest player in the Liverpool squad
    - *make pace and strength largely unchanged until an inevitable decline at the end of their career with strength increasing more as they get older*
    - *make stamina increase a little over their career and change very little in old age for “model professional” players*