Squad Battles

EdgySam
306 posts Sunday League Hero
I actually think it's a social experiment to see how much you can trigger someone.

64 rated team with 40 Chem, they've got a bronze RM in net. I have 14 shots on target and score 6 goals, they have 6 shots and score 6 goals with bronze players off Chem with 36 shooting. They then score 9 pens in a row and I miss with my CB to lose it.
Someone at EA is laughing their balls off at how they've made this mode and it actually is in a game that costs £70

Comments

• Orison
    73905 posts Icon
    edited March 24
    I mean you conceded 6 goals against the AI...

100% your fault.

The mode is awful, but you should still win every single game and every loss is on you.
  • False_Nine
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m sorry dude, but if you’re losing to a bronze team, that’s kind of on you.
  • Daviedenko
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    what difficulty level ? I must admit ultimate against any team can at times be ridiculous
  • Furrag85
    2498 posts Fans' Favourite
    His point is that it's a bronze team, that plays well above the stats expected of a bronze team. They turn sharp, the accelerate quickly, and their keeper usually has a blinder - even if it is a right midfielder.
  • EdgySam
    Daviedenko wrote: »
    what difficulty level ? I must admit ultimate against any team can at times be ridiculous

So on legendary I'm using a full silver liga nos team for the obj so understandably they are not as quick etc to defend. Seems like world class they are derpy and it's easy 5/6-0 wins. Get to legendary and it's just bronze players ball rolling and cutting back when they have 0 chemistry and way less pace. I wouldn't have lost if more of the 14 shots I had went in against a 0 chemistry out of position GK
  • EdgySam
    I was also winning and they scored in 90+2:45 with +1 added time I could actually tell the goal was coming my players were at walking pace
  • Metalfly
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    Against AI there's a huge difference between Worldclass and Legendary, mainly because on Legendary the Competitor Mode is activated, which in theory is that the AI will behave like real players, but in practice it's just they can spam skill moves at the perfect time.

If you are not used to that it can definitely catch you out, it's not just a simple increase in AI reaction and speed.
  • FergiesTimepiece
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just don't ever press the AI. If you hold shape, apart from the odd 50-yard screamer from Kasper Schmeichel they basically always give you the ball back.

Its a bit of a bad habit to take online though!
  • Bolly80
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just play them all against the featured team they are all goalkeepers
  • GitGood
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SB is awful this year. Extremely rigged.😁
  • SirBarley
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EdgySam wrote: »
    I actually think it's a social experiment to see how much you can trigger someone.

64 rated team with 40 Chem, they've got a bronze RM in net. I have 14 shots on target and score 6 goals, they have 6 shots and score 6 goals with bronze players off Chem with 36 shooting. They then score 9 pens in a row and I miss with my CB to lose it.
    Someone at EA is laughing their balls off at how they've made this mode and it actually is in a game that costs £70

Do you actually try to defend?? lmao
  • Stkyfngz
    4938 posts Big Money Move
    SirBarley wrote: »
    EdgySam wrote: »

Do you actually try to defend?? lmao

Sometimes you try but the AI just scores the most ridiculous goals lmao
  • PaulDr
    3546 posts National Call-Up
    There is always the odd game when the ai plays way above the stats of the team, but just as equally are games when the ai plays way below them. Not difficult to get elite one this year without having to play much more than half the games.
  • Hammer87
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bolly80 wrote: »
    Just play them all against the featured team they are all goalkeepers

I did beat them comfortably when I played them as they were so slow but even in that there was periods when I just couldn’t get the ball off them still haha
  • PaulDr wrote: »
    There is always the odd game when the ai plays way above the stats of the team, but just as equally are games when the ai plays way below them. Not difficult to get elite one this year without having to play much more than half the games.
    Not sure if you’ve even needed 40K+ the past few weeks on last gen Xbox. Pretty easy way to stack some good packs and coins for minimal effort.