Matip POTM

Dutch3723
2041 posts Fans' Favourite
Well there’s an sbc no one will be doing anytime soon!

e2atDkL.jpg

Comments

• Yermawfc
    2513 posts Fans' Favourite
    That pace 🐌
  • Diddymow
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    Not even a hardcore Liverpool fan is doing this. Overpriced for an 86 and 63 pace makes him unusable.
  • Leandrinho28
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    Diddymow wrote: »
    Not even a hardcore Liverpool fan is doing this. Overpriced for an 86 and 63 pace makes him unusable.

I've seen worst "overpriced" sbc's than this one but I get what you're saying
  • Andyh60
    2966 posts Fans' Favourite
    if only say an 82 squad then obviously will do it....
  • Gutted neither of the Scottish players won to give us a rare decent card. Even more annoying when the actual winner won't even be useable.
  • Something like that will probably be an 82 squad which makes it good to complete for fodder
  • PaulDr
    4003 posts National Call-Up
    Insulting card. Not doing it on principle.
  • nufcMarcus1984
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    well this is what the people voted for I guess :'( All I wanted was a Ryan Fraser POTM
  • broxigaz
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    The card looks crap but a well done to matip though 👏
  • PirateW
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 11
    The people who votes Matip probably expected flashback Varane type ratings.
  • False_Nine
    1201 posts Professional
    This card is a prime example of why a stat like defensive awareness should be the most important stat when it comes to defenders in this game. Slow, yes, but he knows how to position himself to avoid getting caught out. Put a RB or CDM at CB who’s never played the position, yes he’ll have pace, but he’ll end up looking like Marquinhos or Kimpembe did the other night.
  • bigpokey24
    5998 posts Big Money Move
    i used Matip's gold earlier and the card is was one of the best cards. i will do the sbc ( 13k coins) slap a shadow and have fun . his def awareness and long legs are hidden OP stats
  • MadeYouLook91
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I did the SBC and put him into the team for champs instead of Future Stars Konate. Managed to get the same rank I always do.
  • Paw_Patrol70
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Done with dupes. He will go to mbappe SBC soon
  • PaulDr
    4003 posts National Call-Up
    Deserved potm, that's what the award is for. Personally I think these should be taken out of the game, its not like it represents real world football fairly.
  • pauly0
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'll do it just to have in my collection. But at 13.5k for the SBC, it's worth the cost even just for the 86 fodder
  • Fifapayne
    6912 posts Big Money Move
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    i used Matip's gold earlier and the card is was one of the best cards. i will do the sbc ( 13k coins) slap a shadow and have fun . his def awareness and long legs are hidden OP stats

ztw58k4sy1mx.gif
  • pes1972
    1803 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 11
    Matip is so overrated. Put him next to any other defender than Van Dijk and he would be average at best. Van Dijk is not only the best defender in the world in his own play, He also make average players look good next to him, which Matip is a perfect example of. Just look at the games Matip played when Van Dijk was injured, some ok but most was below average.
  • joshyw
    1032 posts Professional
    pes1972 wrote: »
    Matip is so overrated. Put him next to any other defender than Van Dijk and he would be average at best. Van Dijk is not only the best defender in the world in his own play, He also make average players look good next to him, which Matip is a perfect example of. Just look at the games Matip played when Van Dijk was injured, some ok but most was below average.

Wrong really, if that’s the case why did Lovren look so bad even next to VVD, because he isn’t a good defender, Matip is slightly overrated IMO but he’s still a very good defender, probably one of the best ITW at advancing with the ball

• LJC18
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I have to disagree with this, matip is an excellent defender and is able to bring the ball out from the back, can’t remember him ever playing like you’ve just described him.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up

Nonsense. Matip was good without Van Dijk. His only issue is/was he gets injured too frequently.
  • LahmChops
    2409 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 11
    Ma girl loves Matip!

I am not a big fan of Matip.