Best CM/CDM for 1.5 mil

Fabibi94
1083 posts Professional
Currently using Gravenberch and Bellingham, but have 750k spare. Is there an upgrade available to one of them?

Comments

• Crop_Dust3r
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've tried both of the players you mentioned but I find HL Kimmich miles better than both of them.

I am however considering swapping Kimmich for Vieira to try him out...
  • Metalfly
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2022
    The best by a mile would be Mid Vieira as a stayback CDM, but you can also look at FS Tchou or MOTM Kante in that role.

If you want b2b then maybe look at RTTF Renato or HL Fofana.
  • Crop_Dust3r
    edited March 2022
    Just bought Mid Vieira. Happy to report that after a measley 2 games, I'm already impressed.
  • Verdolaga8
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rttf Renato is amazing, plays like toty Kante
  • SuperJames9005
    3285 posts National Call-Up
    Prime Vieira by a huge country mile...
  • Imprttysaucy4
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Verdolaga8 wrote: »
    Rttf Renato is amazing, plays like toty Kante

Better for me… sold mine and renato doesn’t have games where he’s missing or can’t make a pass like toty Kante
  • Kingofpro66
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    Allan futbirthday by a mile, how is he only 900k is just unbelievable. I found him better then kante. His passing is out of This world with that agression 🥳 loving This card!
  • Lackosweat
    11674 posts Has That Special Something
    Jude x Cancelo is the best partnership atm.
  • vroom
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    TOTY Marq is dope as CDM with engine
  • Fabibi94
    1083 posts Professional
    Metalfly wrote: »
    The best by a mile would be Mid Vieira as a stayback CDM, but you can also look at FS Tchou or MOTM Kante in that role.

I don’t really get that Vieira hype. Is he really all that? His stats seem „bad“ in comparison to someone like Gravenberch tbh.
  • Lackosweat
    Fabibi94 wrote: »

I don’t really get that Vieira hype. Is he really all that? His stats seem „bad“ in comparison to someone like Gravenberch tbh.

It’s all talk until your favourite players get smacked by Vieira and Gullit and you can do nothing about it :D
  • Geordielad123
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Allan futbirthday by a mile, how is he only 900k is just unbelievable. I found him better then kante. His passing is out of This world with that agression 🥳 loving This card!

Surely you have only played a handful of games with him? Give it a few days and see if he remains the same after the honeymoon period
  • SuperJames9005
    3285 posts National Call-Up

Simple answer: Yes.

He is that good. 95% Prime Icons (let alone Mid/Base) are garbage these days but Vieira is still there.
  • Texas6
    957 posts Professional
    Give a try to Prime Makeleke, he is by far the best option related to the price
  • madlion
    3289 posts National Call-Up
    Grave > 88,91 Vieira
  • player
    1234 posts Professional
    I've tried both of the players you mentioned but I find HL Kimmich miles better than both of them.

I am however considering swapping Kimmich for Vieira to try him out...

Couple weeks ago I buy base Vieria, just for chemistry and I'm very surprised,plays well above his stats.
    And that Kimmich is a baller.
    Hope for another upgrade.
  • Crop_Dust3r

Yeah I didn't get the hype either but I eventually caved and decided to try him. I can't explain it... It's like 89 Eusebio and 91 Cruyff... their stats aren't amazing, but they actually great in game.
  • Fabibi94
    1083 posts Professional
    Maybe I have to give Mid Vieira a try then. The Bellingham/Gravenberch combo was very good too, will see if Vieira is an upgrade.
  • Arsenalman
    4117 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe I have to give Mid Vieira a try then. The Bellingham/Gravenberch combo was very good too, will see if Vieira is an upgrade.

I’d be surprised if he was better than any of these, maybe better defensively than graven but u miss the weak foot, passing, pace and dribbling
  • Metalfly
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2022
    Gravenberch is never going to be truly meta due to M/M WR, while on or near the ball he’s amazing, but you want H/H or H/M for a b2b midfielder and M/H for a defensive one, they are just so much more influential in the game.

Vieira is the best stayback CDM and Gullit the best b2b, every year, regardless of what players are released, you can just see what the pros use in the comps.

Their stats aren’t the best, but they are the best in slot not due to their stats but a combination of their body type, WR, in game models, animation and AI positioning. Vieira always feels like he’s at the right spot when opponent tries to clear it, and he is right there to shield the defense when you need. It sounds simple but after you are used to using them then try someone else, that’s when you really notice the positioning downgrade.
  • Farley
    163 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is prime vieira worth it over the mid? Dribbling stats look like he might be a bit of a bus?
  • Milkinho
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you guys not get the fear of losing coins when you are switching players all the time? I'm fully first owner simply because I can't bear it haha
  • ozcs_69
    4884 posts Big Money Move
    allan is great
  • Lackosweat
    Farley wrote: »
    Is prime vieira worth it over the mid? Dribbling stats look like he might be a bit of a bus?

The mid is better.
  • Fabibi94
    1083 posts Professional
    Wow, I just got Birthday Mendes in my Champs rewards. Now, I’ve got over 2 m for a midfielder. That also brings Prime Matthäus and FS Pedri into my thoughts. Still Mid Vieira next to Bellingham?
  • Metalfly
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2022
    Wow, I just got Birthday Mendes in my Champs rewards. Now, I’ve got over 2 m for a midfielder. That also brings Prime Matthäus and FS Pedri into my thoughts. Still Mid Vieira next to Bellingham?

Both of those are better as b2b midfielders, especially Pedri he is light weight due to lean body type, his dribbling is amazing but he gets bodied pretty easily by the bigger midfielders.

Matthause on the otherhand is great at defending and going forward, but his dribbling is kind of meh, has low Agility, Balance and Dribbling stats. But if you just want a stayback CDM, Vieira is the best in the game. If you want someone that's more agile, then consider getting RTTF Renato or even RTTF Fred. Prime Makelele is also an option but then you may as well go for MOTM Kante. None are better than Vieira in my experience.
  • 4dvz
    1220 posts Professional
    Best value for coins by far in cm is toty cancelo if you can position switch him there
  • klaas9
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    Best is TOTY Kante , but with your budget I would say Allan FB
  • CC84COV
    2944 posts National Call-Up
    4dvz wrote: »
    Best value for coins by far in cm is toty cancelo if you can position switch him there

I feel there are better options now
  • Lackosweat
    CC84COV wrote: »
    4dvz wrote: »

I feel there are better options now

Cancelo is still clear of anyone bar Gullit.