The only downside to this silver stars promo

rikstar
639 posts Semi-Pro
I for one have really enjoyed this new promo (or whatever people want to call it). I am one of those average players that has been collecting most of the silver stars players each week from the start and have enjoyed playing for and collecting all these new juiced silver players.

I only have one small problem with this now though and that is because i have gone and collected all these new players, i know have way too many to fit them all into one squad. With all the players i have collected i can easily build 3 or 4 different squads from different leagues or countries.

Unless EA have something up their sleeve in which these silver players will have more of a use over the course of the game and not just go back to doing 3 or so games of silver stars each week then was it really necessary to drop so many new players?

Comments

• truegunn3r
    13728 posts World Class
    edited March 2022
    It’s a good problem to have. Build a solid silver star squad and keep the rest in your club. They’ll come handy during icon swaps, managerial masterpiece and other objectives in the future. We’ve already got the Bundesliga Foundation milestone to do so Reus, Reinier and Leitsch will come handy in that. MLS Foundation milestone has been leaked so that Talles Magno will be useful for that. I remember we get lots of objectives during TOTS and some of the minor leagues require silver players. One thing EA was good in doing is keeping the player choices from major nations (France, Germany and England) so easy links. We got the odd Belgium and Swedish player but most are very linkable during nationality based objectives
  • greif44x2
    2629 posts Fans' Favourite
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    It’s a good problem to have. Build a solid silver star squad and keep the rest in your club. They’ll come handy during icon swaps, managerial masterpiece and other objectives in the future. We’ve already got the Bundesliga Foundation milestone to do so Reus, Reinier and Leitsch will come handy in that. MLS Foundation milestone has been leaked so that Talles Magno will be useful for that. I remember we get lots of objectives during TOTS and some of the minor leagues require silver players. One thing EA was good in doing is keeping the player choices from major nations (France, Germany and England) so easy links. We got the odd Belgium and Swedish player but most are very linkable during nationality based objectives

I second this. Last year the variety in silver teams was destroyed after FUT birthday. Now you can put together different squads using different formations. Most of the players that have been released lately link to each other well.
    And I reckon we'll get other silver objectives or milestones.
    It's also very nice that we got famous silver players like Pogba, KDB, Reus rather than some unknown guys.
  • False_Nine
    1433 posts Professional
    I think Silver Stars would be better served by restricting it to players from off leagues. At least that way a fan of SPFL can build a legitimate team, a Steaua fan can use an OP version of their favourite player, and so on.

As nice as it is to have a special Pogba or KDB, they’ll be replaced within a few weeks by some new, shinier card from EPL.
  • FifaCalcio
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The only downside is that they are 💩
  • BeppeSignori
    1079 posts Professional
    They'll come in handy for Icon Swaps and other weekly objectives.
  • METH
    2267 posts Fans' Favourite
    FifaCalcio wrote: »

User error most likely.
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    rikstar wrote: »
    I for one have really enjoyed this new promo (or whatever people want to call it). I am one of those average players that has been collecting most of the silver stars players each week from the start and have enjoyed playing for and collecting all these new juiced silver players.

I only have one small problem with this now though and that is because i have gone and collected all these new players, i know have way too many to fit them all into one squad. With all the players i have collected i can easily build 3 or 4 different squads from different leagues or countries.

Unless EA have something up their sleeve in which these silver players will have more of a use over the course of the game and not just go back to doing 3 or so games of silver stars each week then was it really necessary to drop so many new players?

You don’t need to just play 3 games for a card you don’t need. You can play more in silver lounge... there’s loads of people that just want a fair game. This issue right now is everyone is obsessed with collecting or winning. Most people will return back to Mbappe and co soon. Not everything needs to be about packs.

Multiple teams and players is a good option. You can mix and match themes. But generally they will come in handy anyway for MM games, swaps and other potential restrictions.
  • FifaCalcio
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    METH wrote: »

User error most likely.

I haven't used any....I have no intention completing sbc's or objectives for players who are worse than the fodder I have in my club
  • METH
    2267 posts Fans' Favourite
    METH wrote: »

User error most likely.

I haven't used any....I have no intention completing sbc's or objectives for players who are worse than the fodder I have in my club

Oh that’s good glad you shared your opinion despite never using them.
    Fantastic.
  • GitGood
    900 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2022
    I also enjoy it as well, but my only issue is gameplay. Whenever I’m playing silver lounge friendlies the amount of bugs is unbelievable….Scoring own goals and ai players committing off the ball fouls …which results to lot of penalties and red cards. It just doesn’t work out for me.