Is there anything to look forward to?

RU88ERDUKZILLLA
1069 posts Professional
edited February 28
I'm struggling to find motivation to play lately and that's a shame for me because It seems I'm in the small group of people who actually enjoy the game, don't have delay and enjoy the gameplay and the game in general.... but lately it feels like there's nothing pulling me in.

I know we shouldn't only play for rewards but I feel like that's all there is to play for now with the erratic matchmaking and quit culture. The only thing drawing me in is the drive to want a better team. But even that has stagnated lately as I'm at a level were any upgrades are 1.5 mil plus so it's taking forever to build the coins.

Rivals is just a dash to 8 wins with most games being quits either opponent or myself, seems often a mismatch in skill either direction.

Champs is the same mad dash to qualify quits either side, same for finals I've started to stop trying for 14 wins now as it seems impossible even though I used to feel like it could be done... I could have 6 games to get 3 wins and somehow I'll end up one short... so that has become a mad dash to 11 lots of quits either side.

Friendly modes are the same mad dash to the reward via fastest route, quits and mismatches galore.

Squad battles are only played if I have to and to be honest after grinding a few necessary ones out I don't feel like touching the game again for the day 🤣

Trading for me this year has really gone downhill and that used to be something I'd spend a lot if time with. Everything I buy into either flops or takes forever to come good... I've been sitting on a load of 84s for weeks now that I thought would be guaranteed easy profit. So that's not drawing me in.

I've decided to go for garrincha in swaps but even that I keep putting off.

I can't even open any of the packs I've got lately for a but of fun because of this god awful silver promo 🤣

Maybe it's just burnout but I'm starting to struggle to find the will to keep playing... like I say it's a shame as I really do enjoy the game when I get a good match up with a fun game but that seems to be hard to find lately, I either dominate someone or they batter me, a good game seems rare? ... I'm D1 at moment I usually get to elite mid to end of season.

Someone tell me there's something good coming?

I'd refresh the team but most of it is untradeable and too good not to use so I'm quite stuck there?

Screenshot-20220228-132022-Companion.jpg

Comments

• RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1069 posts Professional
    Team Sam wrote: »
    Life, sunrises, fresh air. Lots mate.

When the fun stops with a game, take a break from it.

I like the sentiment but I'm quite boring in my old age, if I don't spend my spare time chilling playing games I'll get bored and end up going doing overtime at work 🤮🤣... but yes I probably should go out for walks or something... no sunshine here in UK at moment unfortunately.
  • Team Sam
    3974 posts National Call-Up
    Team Sam wrote: »
    Life, sunrises, fresh air. Lots mate.

When the fun stops with a game, take a break from it.

I like the sentiment but I'm quite boring in my old age, if I don't spend my spare time chilling playing games I'll get bored and end up going doing overtime at work 🤮🤣... but yes I probably should go out for walks or something... no sunshine here in UK at moment unfortunately.

Definitely don't do more work!

Live in the UK too (London), so know what you mean about the weather. Not young either (37).

Pretty busy with work in the day and with my son morning and evening, so I only play games I genuinely enjoy in the short amount of time I have!

Weirdly, I'm actually loving this fifa, as I decided to stop trying to grind the game. I only play for objectives if I really want them and I think the journey will be enjoyable. If not, I just skip it.
  • Breaker1987
    1992 posts Fans' Favourite
    There is something good coming... Gran Turismo 7 :D
  • YidArmy
    2465 posts Fans' Favourite
    Did you play Fifa before FUT?

I only started FUT on Fifa 20 having always previously been an Online Seasons player.

I used to play that a good amount, most nights after work or when the Mrs had gone to bed. My motivation for playing? Just a desire to get to Div 1, win multiple titles many titles and maintain a good record (record is important to Online Seasons players unlike alot of FUT players).

I'm now fully converted to FUT and the thing that keeps me playing is using fun Icons and challenging myself in WL and Rivals. I managed to get 16 wins a few ago in WL which I didn't think I could manage, so that's a big box ticked.

Upgrading my team is a secondary thing for me, I don't get stressed about it. I'd get the same results regardless, but for me using big icons is the most fun thing about FUT.

If there were no more cards released for the rest of the cycle, I'd still play and enjoy the game for what it is.
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1069 posts Professional
    There is something good coming... Gran Turismo 7 :D

Yeah I've been looking at that lately, looks good! I only play fifa and warzone at the moment so there's room for another... GTA 6 would be my wish but that looks a long time away.
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1069 posts Professional
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Did you play Fifa before FUT?

I only started FUT on Fifa 20 having always previously been an Online Seasons player.

I used to play that a good amount, most nights after work or when the Mrs had gone to bed. My motivation for playing? Just a desire to get to Div 1, win multiple titles many titles and maintain a good record (record is important to Online Seasons players unlike alot of FUT players).

I'm now fully converted to FUT and the thing that keeps me playing is using fun Icons and challenging myself in WL and Rivals. I managed to get 16 wins a few ago in WL which I didn't think I could manage, so that's a big box ticked.

Upgrading my team is a secondary thing for me, I don't get stressed about it. I'd get the same results regardless, but for me using big icons is the most fun thing about FUT.

If there were no more cards released for the rest of the cycle, I'd still play and enjoy the game for what it is.

Yeah I've played fifa since probably 1998 or so but only very casually... I first got involved with FUT around fifa 14 I think and its taken over now.
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1069 posts Professional
    I'm going to try something new and gather some of these silver objective players to do the new silver challenges... Worth a shot at something totally different I guess.
  • BadSeedsFC
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    Which team do you support in real life? Come and join us in the Past & Present club! ⚽⚡
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    3522 posts National Call-Up
    Moments bro.
  • A_Snipe
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    Look forward to spring it’s right around the corner. I was just telling my wife yesterday that although I enjoy my gaming time I feel empty afterward as if I just wasted my time. But it’s just the winter taking the life out of me. I’m looking forward to my baby coming in may and building a shed and just enjoying the nice weather
  • I’m looking forward to spring, as well as MLB The Show in a month from now. There’s a game that knows how to treat it’s player base with respect.
  • BadSeedsFC
    A_Snipe wrote: »
    Look forward to spring it’s right around the corner. I was just telling my wife yesterday that although I enjoy my gaming time I feel empty afterward as if I just wasted my time. But it’s just the winter taking the life out of me. I’m looking forward to my baby coming in may and building a shed and just enjoying the nice weather

Congratulations for the baby, man! ⚽️ ⚡️
  • BadSeedsFC
    False_Nine wrote: »
    I’m looking forward to spring, as well as MLB The Show in a month from now. There’s a game that knows how to treat it’s player base with respect.

Do you know if The Show 2022 is going to be available from day one on Game Pass? I haven't played a baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr on the Nintendo 64, but have read wonderful things about these series. Since I play on Xbox and Nintendo, haven't got the chance to give it a go until now. But it seems too late to jump on the 2021 right now. Maybe for some exhibition games to learn the basic mechanics...
  • BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    False_Nine wrote: »
    I’m looking forward to spring, as well as MLB The Show in a month from now. There’s a game that knows how to treat it’s player base with respect.

Do you know if The Show 2022 is going to be available from day one on Game Pass? I haven't played a baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr on the Nintendo 64, but have read wonderful things about these series. Since I play on Xbox and Nintendo, haven't got the chance to give it a go until now. But it seems too late to jump on the 2021 right now. Maybe for some exhibition games to learn the basic mechanics...
    There’s already a link to pre-install on Game Pass. Launches April 2nd I believe.

• broxigaz
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero

Get yourself a workbench in that shed m8 and few beers great way to spend a Sunday before dinner, while the rest off us numpteys are still sweating it out🤣
  • A_Snipe
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    broxigaz wrote: »

Get yourself a workbench in that shed m8 and few beers great way to spend a Sunday before dinner, while the rest off us numpteys are still sweating it out🤣

This shed will be for the boring stuff Like my lawn mower and garden tools. I have a walkout basement and my garage is below my main part. It’s got the work bench and the fun stuff. Like dirt bikes
  • Tasch
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Just like you, OP, I lost motivation to play. Although, I have alot of delay, I always tried to get my 8 wins. But lately, its just not worth my time. I played football for over 30 years, and have now gone over to coaching. Its almost my second job, but I’m loving every second of it. So instead of tearing my hair out because of delay, I like to build training scheduled instead. Alot of misses and a few hits so far. Not saying you should go that road, but thats what keeping me busy instead of the endless grind fifa is😊
  • iSoar7
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    You could start playing some co op FUT