TOTY Cancelo owners:

libertao
1905 posts Play-Off Hero
Specifically, this is for TOTY Cancelo owners who use him in midfield with a shooting chem boost.

I quite like this card, but I cannot possibly believe his 5* WF, left-footed shooting is as good as the stats with Gladiator chem style would have you believe.

I have no idea whether it's the WF or the chemstyle, but no way is it accurate. Something is simply not right with the coding with one of those.

Having said that, IIRC, EA has still never confirmed that 5* WF necessarily means same as strong foot, have they?

Comments

• number7rocky
    8560 posts League Winner
    His shooting is fine by me left and right foot, 5* WF is the same as strong foot
  • CC84COV
    2944 posts National Call-Up
    I have to agree he doesn’t finish the same as a natural striker he’s not programmed that way remember but as a box to box or cdm he’s phenomenal
  • YidArmy
    2469 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 25
    It's the chemistry style mate. There's no way a boosted stat with a chemistry style does the same job as if it were already on the card.
  • libertao
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    5* WF is the same as strong foot

But in a way, it's objectively not, since the player still favors dribbling with their strong foot, so shots will not always set up the same on either side.

Again, I don't believe EA has ever confirmed that, correct me if I'm wrong though.
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Don’t try finnese with him
    It’s awful
  • 4dvz
    1163 posts Professional
    edited February 25
    For me he finishes almost every reasonable chance he gets+ a lot of long shots from attacking CM. i use gladiator. Best cm so far this year in the price range or anywhere near
  • 4dvz wrote: »
    For me he finishes almost every reasonable chance he gets+ a lot of long shots from attacking CM. i use gladiator. Best cm so far this year in the price range or anywhere near

Second this but I use engine
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    I use anchor
  • vMercurial
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I use hunter. He does perfect for me, I love him
  • number7rocky
    8560 posts League Winner
    edited February 25
    libertao wrote: »
    5* WF is the same as strong foot

But in a way, it's objectively not, since the player still favors dribbling with their strong foot, so shots will not always set up the same on either side.

Again, I don't believe EA has ever confirmed that, correct me if I'm wrong though.

I've strongly preferred 5 * WF for years, it does the same job, exactly the same, the only issue is sometimes when the player has outside the foot shot trait, it means sometimes they favour thier strong foot when they could/should shoot on the WF.
  • I SiR MartY I
    15343 posts World Class
    I've noticed this with a few cards tbh

Tinfoil hat theory but I think that cards that get a WF boost in a special still keep the same WF as the base, even if it says boosted in the stats

Griezmann, Cancelo, Ozil and more that I've used with a boosted WF all shoot or pass on it like its the base/weaker version

4* on Cancelo is fine overall but it is not a 5* WF, I have him next to De Bruyne and De Brunye's WF is so much better because its 5* by default
  • Imprttysaucy4
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He was unstoppable first week. Now seems like his speed and shooting have been nerfed honestly. I was finessing from all over the field now can’t put it in an empty net w/him
  • colm96
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Foxsake wrote: »
    Don’t try finnese with him
    It’s awful

I'd have to disagree on this one. I use him as LM in a 352 and pops In those outside of thr box finesse shots for me about 60% of the time I try them (I don't spam them 😂)
  • Lackosweat
    11246 posts Has That Special Something
    Basic !
  • BALDUIN
    492 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Feels like a 5star WF to me, using the def and shooting chem card on 7 chem
  • libertao
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 28
    Tinfoil hat theory but I think that cards that get a WF boost in a special still keep the same WF as the base, even if it says boosted in the stats

I wouldn't call it "tinfoil hat" considering that's extremely similar to what happened with Chemgate.
    4dvz wrote: »

Second this but I use engine

I mean, if you're using engine, at best he has 81 finishing, hard for me to believe he's "finishing almost every reasonable chance." Obviously this is the problem, it's so subjective.
  • Kman
    4306 posts National Call-Up
    He was unstoppable first week. Now seems like his speed and shooting have been nerfed honestly. I was finessing from all over the field now can’t put it in an empty net w/him

This!

EA definitely live tune their cards. He used to be able to finesse on either foot, usually his weak one for me playing him on the right…now they all go over the bar regardless of the power I give it. Classic EA.