Prime matthaus worth the coins ?

Scottybtech
1749 posts Fans' Favourite
Didn’t really like his mid but the prime looks insane

Comments

• Ferrari_LFC10
    1127 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2022
    I packed him. Don’t get me wrong he’s top tier but tbh flashback kante does the same job, especially in defense. I have him CM but he plays like a second CDM. He’s not that great going forward but can run past people. I just think he’s about 500k overpriced. If I had to replace him or kante, it would be him.
  • Alford5
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I packed him. Don’t get me wrong he’s top tier but tbh flashback kante does the same job, especially in defense. I have him CM but he plays like a second CDM. He’s not that great going forward but can run past people. I just think he’s about 500k overpriced. If I had to replace him or kante, it would be him.

Just press shoot anywhere around the box with him, it will go in.
  • Scottybtech
    1749 posts Fans' Favourite

Cheers for the feedback, I ended up getting him last night he’s really good but like you said I think he’s very overpriced. Doesn’t feel like a 2 mill card
  • Ferrari_LFC10
    1127 posts Play-Off Hero

Cheers for the feedback, I ended up getting him last night he’s really good but like you said I think he’s very overpriced. Doesn’t feel like a 2 mill card

Worth the extra million for Gullit if you have it. I feel icons are underpowered this year except for the top strikers and Gullit but that could just be me.
  • Pengwin
    1783 posts Fans' Favourite
    How did you get on with Matthaus and where do you find using him got his best out of him?
  • pedro___
    487 posts Sunday League Hero
    Prime matthaus really worth the coins if you play b2b cm's. He can defend as the best defender and attack as the brazilian icons at the same time.
    Cdm is a waste imo.
  • Pengwin
    1783 posts Fans' Favourite
    pedro___ wrote: »
    Prime matthaus really worth the coins if you play b2b cm's. He can defend as the best defender and attack as the brazilian icons at the same time.
    Cdm is a waste imo.

So the non stay back CDM in 4222 would be okay?
  • sisyphus
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah, absolutely do not play him as a stay back. It will be a massive waste of coins. He is everywhere. Play him at CM on balanced. He will be taking rips and making runs in the box and still getting back on defense at the same rate as your stay back.
  • madlion
    3289 posts National Call-Up
    Yes, he's brilliant at breaking up plays

he's everywhere in midfield