Did anyone else lose all motivation to play FIFA after buying a 'super team'?

princeapalia
1649 posts Play-Off Hero
I've been saving up for months and finally decided to buy my expensive super team in the last few weeks

ihezxvz7sda2.png

The trouble is, now I feel like I have nothing to work towards and my motivation to play the game has massively diminished. I've got two end-game strikers, a bunch of players that I like too much to drop (Beckham, ESR, Sule), and a few untradeables (Garrincha, Lahm).

The most fun part of FUT for me is building up your team more and more, but I'm left with almost 0 coins and any significant upgrades to icon primes or moments would cost a fortune.

I've been no-lifeing the game to try and get a good team, and now that I've bought one, I feel uninterested. I understand how that sounds a bit entitled!

Anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• I find concentrating more on getting better at the game with a behind the power.curve squad had kept me more engaged this year doing RTG than all of the last 8 years PTW teams that I used to run.
    Also if you do get one great player from a lucky pull or decent SBC you feel the value and quality of the player more if that makes sense.
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Happens to me every year tbh
  • dandavid2022
    74 posts Park Captain
    I've been saving up for months and finally decided to buy my expensive super team in the last few weeks

ihezxvz7sda2.png

The trouble is, now I feel like I have nothing to work towards and my motivation to play the game has massively diminished. I've got two end-game strikers, a bunch of players that I like too much to drop (Beckham, ESR, Sule), and a few untradeables (Garrincha, Lahm).

The most fun part of FUT for me is building up your team more and more, but I'm left with almost 0 coins and any significant upgrades to icon primes or moments would cost a fortune.

I've been no-lifeing the game to try and get a good team, and now that I've bought one, I feel uninterested. I understand how that sounds a bit entitled!

It is a super team for the next 2 or 3 weeks.
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im losing motivation cause my super team cant win a single game in rivals funny how better the team the worse it preforms :(
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Same for me
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up

ihezxvz7sda2.png

What chem card do you use on Mbappe?
  • number7rocky
    8563 posts League Winner
    My motivation is at an all time low for this stage of fifa. Normally after TOTY it reignites my interest to grind out the whole WL because I pack high end TOTY's/icons. This WL I played to 5-0 in playoffs and 6-0 in WL...

The problem is each year the rewards from WL become more and more irelivant, WL rewards/red picks used to be massive... Now red picks are almost pointless until TOTS because TOTW's are generally way below the power curve, unless you get incredibly lucky and get a red Mbappe or something and even then its RNG so you can get him from 6 wins or 16 wins etc..
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Foxsake wrote: »
    What chem card do you use on Mbappe?

I've just kept him as basic at the moment. The stats are so good, I can't imagine he'd really benefit from one that much.

• That's a team. But it's not really super. There are many possible improvements left.
  • Seeleyjs17
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    This Why I keep my balance low and use players I pack and do the random sbc for promo or icons. And then hold teams around them
  • Andyh60
    2857 posts Fans' Favourite
    That's the the trouble you have done this too early. It'll be very average team come tots. I was the same before toty and thought right hope to get 1 toty and then buy icons. However I got better than that and fodder to complete pot sterling, varane, fb kane, puyol and have way more coins than i did. However seems silly now to just go and buy primes when pims are soon and well whatever the rest is. Mid r9 sbc only thing that will be worth it but even hat might not come. However fun for me is to keep at it and hope big icon sbcs come before they did last year.
  • EJND
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same for me every year ... wait until futties and start a new account... brought fun back to me for a while, after beeing in same situation around that time of the year. Grinding was fun again with all that crazy objectives, packs and SBCs and i managed to get a 95 rated team within 5 weeks...

Until then... i don't have much hope brother ...

• SYMMO19
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 14
    I've learnt my lesson and totally agree with what you say, this is the first fifa i've not traded at all and play much more casually.

I'm playing first owner untradeable, my team is way behind the curve and i've only got 400k. I hardly play rivals and get 5 wins every week on fut champs. But at least when I do play the rewards mean something and some SBC's can improve my team.

On previous Fifa's i'd have had a god squad and millions of coins by now, but been completely bored with nothing to play for.
  • Bhoyceltic
    86 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rich people's problems.....
  • Wonderkiid
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    What makes me lose motivation is that I have reached rank 1 or 2 every weekend league, Elite in every week 1 of the season and have yet to get an usable red or stand out player. Every roulette (icon) sbc have been an absolute disaster, nothing to show for it. Kinda makes me sick thinking about it actually.

Playing with nice players makes me enjoy the game more. But I understand it could make it more boring to sone

• Alford5
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Almost every position in your team could be improved surely that’s enough to keep you motivated for now
  • greif44x2
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 14
    No offence, mate, but the only thing that stands out in your team is TOTY Mbappe. Let me show you an example of how an end-game team looks.
    It's a 98-rated squad, sadly it can only be generated by the end of FUT cycle, but at least you can get an idea.
    Don't worry much about not having coins or fodder etc to improve your team, it'll come as will new shiny cards. Just play for fun, that's what the game is for.

f09xxPp.jpg

• Yes that is me right now, which is why I was hoping the R9 sbc rumor is true as he is like the only unique player left I want to try but can't really afford.

And I agree with the above post about Orison ^ like not everyone want a meta team on paper with your Neymar, Mbappe, CR7 every single year man. Having fun isn't about trying to aim for top 100 or 20-0 every week.

Use your Smith-Rowe rather than Messi and have fun whether you win 11 or 14 because who cares.
  • D0lvl
    4880 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah if EA upped pack weight or made it easier to acquire super cards without trading then i'm sure people would be bored as there's nothing to chase or play fifa for.

• RadioShaq
    20212 posts Moderator
    I liked the 85x10 or even the wc when we got all the players at the end of the year.

People often go on and on about how ea should make players more accessible but people get bored and quit when they do. People have been complaining about cheap players and the market all year.

I think we often forget some need that carrot on the stick.
  • RappSnitch
    6635 posts Big Money Move
    I had more fun grinding out games with my pre-TOTY team tbh. Was a challenge because my opponent’s had better teams in most games. Now I don’t really feel like playing, I end up just quitting out of games I cba playing.
  • I get what you’re saying OP. I think everyone reaches his personal cap where it is really hard and expensive to upgrade. I’m in the same boat atm (with a team which is way less coins than yours), my next upgrades would cost like a million + which is kind of a long road to achieve. WL results every week the same, rewards always more or less the same. So at some point you ask yourself „what to grind“ for. Most fun I have is the first 2-3 months of a cycle
  • breyns16
    15 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yes, I feel the exact same way. So much so I sold my whole team and just opened pack with the millions of coins. Packed nothing as expected to start over with untradable and SBC cards. But, the interest was still not there. I really think the main problem for me is the gameplay is soooooo inconsistent, making all the players you work towards irrelevant. I have to stay up really late for it to be decent or wake up really early (so stay up til 3 AM or wake up at 4 AM) and I just can't do that with a job and life in general. I used to think all my players were S*** until I figured this out. I guess I have figured out when the menus are more fun than the actual game it's a problem, the best cards in the game should be fun to use whenever you play and they just aren't.
  • dandavid2022
    74 posts Park Captain
    greif44x2 wrote: »
    No offence, mate, but the only thing that stands out in your team is TOTY Mbappe. Let me show you an example of how an end-game team looks.
    It's a 98-rated squad, sadly it can only be generated by the end of FUT cycle, but at least you can get an idea.
    Don't worry much about not having coins or fodder etc to improve your team, it'll come as will new shiny cards. Just play for fun, that's what the game is for.

f09xxPp.jpg

We will all have such team in August or September.
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 14
    SYMMO19 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    That's a team. But it's not really super. There are many possible improvements left.

Did you just ignore the part where he said he won't drop certain players because he likes them for whatever reason? It still amazes me that you can't get it through your head that people can use players for fun, and not just because they are "meta"

I look at your team every year and use it as a cure for my insomnia, it's literally the same players over and over again. Tbf your teams are super, super boring.

Thanks for understanding what I mean! Orison’s comments often seem to miss the point.

Of course in paper I could upgrade 10/11 of the players to the most optimal ones available, but I have absolutely zero desire to have a team full of the same old meta cards

• Wonderkiid
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 14
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I liked the 85x10 or even the wc when we got all the players at the end of the year.

People often go on and on about how ea should make players more accessible but people get bored and quit when they do. People have been complaining about cheap players and the market all year.

I think we often forget some need that carrot on the stick.

You are not wrong.

But this is how the gaming industry has conditioned us. Especially the younger generation. They dont know any better and are used to getting fed content daily whether it to be through gaming passes, expansion packs, daily rewards etc etc. Ofcours you'll get bored as your brain is used to getting stimulated and rewarded.

Hasnt always been like this though as you may know and personally, I am not a fan of it.
  • RadioShaq
    20212 posts Moderator
    It’s more the customers that have made it so the company has to give them the carrot or they will leave.

Customers want the microtransactions as much as I dislike them not the other way around.
  • Wonderkiid
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 14
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It’s more the customers that have made it so the company has to give them the carrot or they will leave.

Customers want the microtransactions as much as I dislike them not the other way around.

I dont agree with this. This is something created by the companies and not born out of customer demand. This is the result of human studies trying to maximise engagement while getting the most out of people's pocket.

In todays world a game would die quikly without additionel content indeed, but this was never an issue 10 years ago. People enjoyed the game for what it was. And I noticed this is personally aswell. I play FUT only for rewards, when I have my 7 wins I stop playing where I used to play seasons or old FUT to enjoy playing FIFA. That's gone
  • “Ooo look at my team”