TOTY Cancelo at CB?

DannySTFC
10105 posts Has That Special Something
edited February 11
Have him untradable. Played full back, wing back, centre mid, mad can do everything, love the card.

Despite the anger towards full backs at centre back meta last year the most fun I had playing that FIFA was with a really high depth, press after possession loss and 2 really quick centre backs (or I should say full backs) to keep up with these sweaty kids and their one tactic, Mbappe through ball spamming.

Anyway, thinking about moving Cancelo to centre back for this weekend. He would start LB so no issues with losing stats. Has anyone used him there? Does high attacking work rate mean he’s out of position or does the pace make up for it? I want to play a high line, almost allow these counter attacking players to play through balls knowing Cancelo will catch them anyway.

The only other thing is whether it’s a waste putting such a good card into the middle of defence, although I have so many attacking full backs in the club to replace him that shouldn’t be a problem.

Comments

• greif44x2
    2334 posts Fans' Favourite
    I personally haven't used him at CB (I run him at LB and he's not playing to full potential even there, let alone CB), but I've used plenty of H/M players at CB in both 4 and 3 atb formations, their workrates don't change anything.
  • CC84COV
    2944 posts National Call-Up
    He will be fine anywhere on the pitch mate,I use him CDM with anchor paid £890k for him and he’s never leaving my team,I use Hakimi in a back 3
  • idloveit
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try and play him CM/CDM if you can. He's ridiculous there. LB and CB just seems like a waste
  • Metalfly
    1829 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 11
    TOTY Cancelo is one of the best box to box midfielder or fullback in the game, while he would be a good CB also, there are quite a few that I would say are better there than he is. He has a pretty slim build that make him feel more agile and responsive despite his height, but it also make him feel weaker. I would put someone like a HM Walker or FS Tomiyasu at CB ahead of him.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    edited February 11
    That's a new

HM Walker is a top tier CB though
  • DannySTFC
    Appreciate the replies. I get why people say about using him CM as he’s played there for me too but I feel like I have plenty of options there, recently dropped FB Kante to go a bit more attacking with Brahim Diaz.

I feel like my main weakness is defending counter attacks so I’m going to try him CB for the weekend and see how it goes.
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Any 1 find his shooting not that good?
  • 4dvz
    1220 posts Professional
    Cb feels like wrong position for him, the guy is unreal cm is everywhere on the pitch doing everything you need him to do.
  • 4dvz
    1220 posts Professional
    Foxsake wrote: »

I have gladiator chem style because I have get forward instructions for him, scores a ton of goals for me
  • DannySTFC
    4dvz wrote: »

I have gladiator chem style because I have get forward instructions for him, scores a ton of goals for me

I’ve been using finisher because it feels like he doesn’t need a boost in any area other than finishing if he’s going to be in attacking positions.
  • Stkyfngz
    4938 posts Big Money Move
    Easily one of the best CDMs in the game, he just runs so fast