Full backs at CB

Kove
4847 posts Big Money Move
I'm not trying to sweat my way through but through sheer luck I have packed a bunch of TOTY, TOTY HM and Legend full backs.

I've not done it yet but my CBs are pretty average so I'm wondering how big the penalty for playing fullbacks there?

Comments

• FifaCalcio
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Try it and see....
  • Kove wrote: »
    I'm not trying to sweat my way through but through sheer luck I have packed a bunch of TOTY, TOTY HM and Legend full backs.

I've not done it yet but my CBs are pretty average so I'm wondering how big the penalty for playing fullbacks there?

Your dignity and self respect are the biggest penalties
  • DutchDelight
    1236 posts Professional
    Kove wrote: »

In my case this would not make any difference! Goooo fullback squad!
  • DKCena
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am playing with Darmian og Maldini (LB) as CB. No problem at all! Both are too good to play at the back imo.
  • RadioShaq
    19812 posts Moderator
    I believe they said defensive awareness takes a hit but not sure if it shows up on the stats of how much.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Darmian and Spinazzola are awesome CB's for me.
  • DannySTFC
    9460 posts League Winner
    I’m playing Shaw LCB but he starts LB on full chemistry so I believe he doesn’t take the hit on stats that way. Once we come towards TOTS with mental full back cards like Mbabu, Mukiele of last year, they’ll be able to play CB even with a stats decrease and be amazing.
  • Chavez76
    9804 posts League Winner
    Kove wrote: »

but self relegating aint an issue, right ?

@OP: been playing base Maldini at CB for a while now. He is class.
  • PHNTMx
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    Before TOTY's I was using FB's at CB and had no problems. Darmian is great for that. With the increase in stats, I'm now using TOTY Marq and HM Rudiger and they are insane.
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've had WW Tierney at CB for hundreds of games and he's felt just as good as my other 2 CBs.
  • Nenezinho
    52 posts Park Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I believe they said defensive awareness takes a hit but not sure if it shows up on the stats of how much.

Lol as if that stat means anything. Nobody uses CBs with proper defending. Its all about agility and pace plus how lucky you get with meagic moments. OP, use the LB and Rb cards...youu will probably be better off with them and at minimum you wont see difference. Heading and jumping are irrelevant in this arcade lottery.