The target audience of the patch was so blatantly the drop-back through-ball-spam kids

princeapalia
1649 posts Play-Off Hero
As is tradition, and has happened with some many patches on previous FIFAs, EA cater for the lowest denomination of players, all in the name of 'player retention'

Lets look at the facts:

-Ground passing: Nerfed
-Left stick dribbling: Nerfed
-Longshots: Nerfed
-Heading: Nerfed
-Lobbed through balls: Unchanged
-Interceptions and auto-blocks: Buffed

Unsuprisingly, every single method of attacking *apart* from spamming through balls got nerfed. What was the best to break down little Timmy's wall of 8 players in the box? Quick accurate passes and left stick dribbling. Both nerfed.

It's absolutely ridiculous that ground passing got "fixed" so much that prime Xavi and prime Beckham routinely fail to make easy 10yrd unpressured passes, yet any old trashkid can spam lobbed through balls the entire length of the field with almost perfect accuracy. Isn't it fun to try to break down 7 men in the box when every third ground pass goes somewhere completely different to where it's aimed?

Bad players were crying that their park the bus tactics were getting torn apart from players who could actually dribble and pass. There wasn't enough random variance in the game, so EA were forced to pump up the RNG to keep bad players engaged in the game (seriously, look at how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ground passing and rebounds are now).

Well done EA, you objectively lowered the skill gap of what was actually one of the best FIFAs in years.

Comments

• Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    I agree with Orison. Left stick dribbling feels no different at all to me. I can barely feel any difference in regard to anything compared to pre patch.
  • SeñorCatflap
    1845 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    You don't understand the patch, do you?

They did nothing to left stick dribbling. They tried to stop CAD animations appearing randomly (and failed btw, you can still get them). Apart from that dribbling is unchanged.

Same goes for regular ground passes, longshots and headers, they didn't get changed.

I am not the biggest fan of the better driven pass interceptions. But criticism should atleast be based on an analysis of the actual changes instead of you just making stuff up.

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Heading is not nerfed by way mate
  • RojoCoko
    16 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Although the patch may not be what OP claims. I do think this game has developed into something ridiculous once again.

90% of the people I play against use a 4 pure striker formation (no club irl does this), and just hoof the ball upfield and run.

No short passing, no triangles, no subtle flicks or skills that make football beautiful. Not even the occasional cross and header.

Who needs a midfield right? Just launch your Mbappe-esque quarterbacks and barge through the opponents lines. Fifa has once again become a Madden game.

But what can you expect from Canadians?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited February 1
    RojoCoko wrote: »
    Although the patch may not be what OP claims. I do think this game has developed into something ridiculous once again.

90% of the people I play against use a 4 pure striker formation (no club irl does this), and just hoof the ball upfield and run.

No short passing, no triangles, no subtle flicks or skills that make football beautiful. Not even the occasional cross and header.

Who needs a midfield right? Just launch your Mbappe-esque quarterbacks and barge through the opponents lines. Fifa has once again become a Madden game.

But what can you expect from Canadians?

I like this post
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 1

They did nothing to left stick dribbling. They tried to stop CAD animations appearing randomly (and failed btw, you can still get them). Apart from that dribbling is unchanged.

Same goes for regular ground passes, longshots and headers, they didn't get changed.

I am not the biggest fan of the better driven pass interceptions. But criticism should atleast be based on an analysis of the actual changes instead of you just making stuff up.

I don’t know what version you’re playing on, but on old gen, left stick dribbling and ground passing (driven and regular) have blatantly been changed and it’s not even subtle.

Longshots were nerfed in previous patches.

That being said, you’re the same weirdo that tried to insist chip shots hadn’t been changed since release, so I don’t give much thought to your opinions.
    Post edited by princeapalia on
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited February 1

I don’t know what version you’re playing on, but on old gen, left stick dribbling and ground passing (driven and regular) have blatantly been changed and it’s not even subtle.

Longshots were nerfed in previous patches.

That being said, you’re the same weirdo that tried to insist chip shots hadn’t been changed since release, so I don’t give much thought to your opinions.

😂 the last part tickled me