Got to Elite without skill moves

hammycfc
1039 posts Professional
edited January 27
Just pure football at its best

No spamming ball rolls or stupid looking skill move streamers and the sheep use

First time been in the highest div but feel it’s 10x easier compared to previous fifa games. I’d normally be about Div 4/3

Before skill moves and try hards and even ultimate team in FIFA 10 I was in top 100 for raked matches playing with Celtic or Scotland.

Hopefully get good rewards at end of season 🙂

Comments

• abhreebhu_45
    12808 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 27
    Dribbling >>>>> SM this edition

Good Defense >>>>> good offense
  • RuddyElmate2022
    1836 posts Fans' Favourite
    Congrats mate!
    Although I’ve never connected Fifa with ‘just pure football at its best’ lol.
  • Brunjes_FC
    859 posts Professional
    hammycfc wrote: »

Get ready for a bunch of duplicate, untradeable Vela, Kjaer and co.
  • YidArmy
    2433 posts Fans' Favourite
    Congrats on getting to Elite.

Skill moves really aren't necessary, I use them, but I play plenty in elite that don't.

For example, one of the most broken mechanics in this game is soaking up the pressure and hitting your opponent on the break with a long over the top through ball. This requires zero skill moves. If you are good at defending and can create the opening for the through ball and time it right, you can climb a decent way up the Elite division.

Some people need the skill moves because other parts of their game aren't as good. So, to the op, you've made it to Elite at the end of the season, without any skill moves, if you learn some skill moves in the future, you will get back there sooner after the reset as you would have 'another string to your bow.'
  • BadSeedsFC
    2957 posts National Call-Up
    Congrats man! ⚽️ ⚡️
  • Springveldt
    6908 posts Big Money Move

First time been in the highest div but feel it’s 10x easier compared to previous fifa games. I’d normally be about Div 4/3

Before skill moves and try hards and even ultimate team in FIFA 10 I was in top 100 for raked matches playing with Celtic or Scotland.

What version do you play? I've seen people say that old gen is easier than next gen to get to the higher divisions.

If it's next gen then maybe it seems easier because of the auto drop back? I'm in D1 on next gen and I'm sure if I played enough I could eventually get to Elite (and then get spanked and end up at 1400 SR). I may end up there by accident as I've still got 32 games to play in Rivals before the end of the season if I want to get the 90 games reward.
  • Mmjnnnn
    136 posts Sunday League Hero
    i get cranked in elite, it’s sweaty and these top players have their end game teams, toty & prime icons can get overwhelming
  • YidArmy

What version do you play? I've seen people say that old gen is easier than next gen to get to the higher divisions.

If it's next gen then maybe it seems easier because of the auto drop back? I'm in D1 on next gen and I'm sure if I played enough I could eventually get to Elite (and then get spanked and end up at 1400 SR). I may end up there by accident as I've still got 32 games to play in Rivals before the end of the season if I want to get the 90 games reward.

I've got Next Gen and Old Gen and Old Gen is much easier, simply because of the bigger player base. Sure, the gameplay is alot different and you have to adjust to each one, but climbing the divisions on old gen is a much easier task.
  • YidArmy wrote: »

I've got Next Gen and Old Gen and Old Gen is much easier, simply because of the bigger player base. Sure, the gameplay is alot different and you have to adjust to each one, but climbing the divisions on old gen is a much easier task.

Played next gen for the first time in months last week and found both to be about the same in terms of difficulty.

Next gen is just more annoying to play due to hypermotion, but not really due to the opponents.
  • hammycfc
    1039 posts Professional

I play on a series X but prefer old gan gets games faster as it’s got more players definitely get easier games and lots of hardcore players play on next gen
  • YidArmy
    Orison wrote: »
    YidArmy wrote: »

Played next gen for the first time in months last week and found both to be about the same in terms of difficulty.

Next gen is just more annoying to play due to hypermotion, but not really due to the opponents.

I'd imagine at your skill rating you won't see too much of a difference because you are already at the ceiling of playing the best of the best.

But in terms of climbing divisions, I think that process is harder on new gen.
  • Springveldt
    6908 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 27
    Orison wrote: »

I think at your skill rating if you were on PS then it may be different as on PS5 you would likely be playing pro's nearly every game.

Do you think it might just be a case of getting used to next gen? I've never played the old gen version of 22 as I didn't see the point as next year more will be playing next gen and then the year after the vast majority of the player base will be on it. I figured I may as well get used to it now.

Of topic I know. Sorry @hammycfc , congrats on getting to Elite. Hope you got a decent red pick.
  • SeeYouCheeky
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    https://imgbox.com/wvZHsJ5p I got to elite with non meta and coping well.. this is the best Fifa in years