This Patch Needs to be Rolled Back

AngryHawk
366 posts An Exciting Prospect
I like their attempt to fix a few things, but the execution has left a pile of a crap. I haven’t played one good smooth game since the patch.

Comments

• SuperJames9005
    3355 posts National Call-Up
    A lot of thru. balls and a lot of people just sprinting straight towards defenders after patch.

I have to play a narrower formation and switch from high line to 50 in terms of depth.
  • FifaCalcio
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm glad they fixed the corner and Jockey glitch however I can't believe they haven't patched the kick off glitch. I'm in Division 1 and everybody and their dog is spamming it constantly. Passing needs addressed asap!!
  • bigpokey24
    6115 posts Big Money Move
    what about the goalies . they save almost everything near post , far post, one on one in the box.. my goodness
  • Maestro2k
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Agree , passing & dribbling are dead now!
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    They patched a corner glitch which was easily defendable if you weren't stupid and now added new issues which are far worse, some of the through balls im seeing from kickoff are absolutely wild, theres a legit tactic pros are using on co-op which you see someone controlling the striker and sprinting through from kickoff waiting for the long overhead through ball
  • FifaCalcio
    I can't understand the urge to abuse glitches, I prefer to play with players Iike and play some nice football and score some nice goals.
  • AngryHawk
    366 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FifaCalcio wrote: »
    I can't understand the urge to abuse glitches, I prefer to play with players Iike and play some nice football and score some nice goals.

I completely agree, however while trying to “fix” these glitches they’ve created a whole bunch of new issues. As many in this thread have already mentioned, the passing; especially through balls are completely broken. I actually tested it last game and tried to do a few simple through passes, ones that should get executed 99% of the time, and I had it intercepted or have it go out of bounds 5x in a row.

Also, the rebounds are out of control. As many have documented it sometimes takes 10 successful tackles before you get the ball back.
  • Agreed. The patch destroyed the game
  • FifaProDK
    2184 posts Fans' Favourite
    Regarding throughballs, do you guys have in on manual or semi. I can't tell the difference!

I know for a fact that the manual setting is not manual at all, only in squad battles.
  • FifaCalcio
    The game was destroyed after the first patch tbh
  • Fifapayne
    7360 posts League Winner
    They patched a corner glitch which was easily defendable if you weren't stupid and now added new issues which are far worse, some of the through balls im seeing from kickoff are absolutely wild, theres a legit tactic pros are using on co-op which you see someone controlling the striker and sprinting through from kickoff waiting for the long overhead through ball

Glitches should always be patched irregardless of if they are easy to defend etc
    Any video game..
  • FifaProDK wrote: »
    Regarding throughballs, do you guys have in on manual or semi. I can't tell the difference!

I know for a fact that the manual setting is not manual at all, only in squad battles.

I checked yesterday, it's on manual. Rivals.
  • Qon
    1709 posts Fans' Favourite
    After all the mistakes EA made this year you think they are going to add one to the list themselves and admit the update is bad by rolling it back?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    what about the goalies . they save almost everything near post , far post, one on one in the box.. my goodness

Yep. You can have 15 good chances but they get one through ball and it’s a goal
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    Fifapayne wrote: »

Glitches should always be patched irregardless of if they are easy to defend etc
    Any video game..

I mean it was only being called a glitch because of youtubers/streamers lol
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2022
    They nerfed passing and dribbling.

So where does that leave us?

Pace.

Every single game. Pace pace pace.

Why the F did they nerf every way of attacking apart from through balls and cutbacks...
  • bigpokey24
    6115 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2022
    Yes , it's pace , pace pace and high pressure galore
    ..yesterday after facing so many mbappe, messi ,pele etc in toty sweaty friendlies, I finally figured out how to use the driven pass properly with the right CTs...it took me hours
  • JGDC74
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2022
    I’m just happy that the one-sided lag I got in friendlies which made some objectives near impossible to do has gone. At least, I think it has.
    So for me the patch was an improvement. There are some issues though. I cannot play one game of Squad Battles because it kicks me out of the game completely!