How on earth do people cope with playing the new gen version of FIFA...?

princeapalia
1649 posts Play-Off Hero
I've been playing on the old gen version the whole year and been loving it. It's been my favourite FIFA since FIFA 13 + 14 and I've felt like I can attack against my opponents in so many different ways (Div 1/Elite).

Decided to give the new gen version a go recently and I found it absolutely appalling in comparison after ~15 games. Every single game (and I mean every) is a complete park the bus fest with sluggish players and slow passing making it such a chore to try to break down teams. Virtually every single goal I scored or conceded was a cutback or through ball over the top on the counter. Even TOTY Mbappe and mid Garrincha up front felt like they were turning in the mud and misplacing every other pass. Most goals came from rebounds or tackles bobbling back, and the games were usually low scoring borefests compared old gen.

I just don't get how people can cope with playing the new gen version instead. The skill gap felt so low in new gen compared the faster paced dribbling and quick passing emphasis in the older version. After going back to old gen, there's so much space all over the pitch, I feel in complete control over my players, and there's actually some variation in each game.

New gen is more 'realistic', but IMO that translates into a very boring and one-dimensional game.

Comments

• Lukaku9
    597 posts An Exciting Prospect
    People are not parking the bus the defending is broken. Defenders drop back no matter what setting you have it on. I have tried everything from defence on 100 to constant pressure but the centre backs just drop back its ridiculous
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lukaku9 wrote: »
    People are not parking the bus the defending is broken. Defenders drop back no matter what setting you have it on. I have tried everything from defence on 100 to constant pressure but the centre backs just drop back its ridiculous

Oh yeah I get that, that’s just what it feels like in every single game of new gen.

I hope FIFA 23 releases on old gen too because there’s no way in playing a whole another year of new gen gameplay