Patch has destroyed left stick dribbling, and exacerbated through ball spam issues

princeapalia
1649 posts Play-Off Hero
First time playing in a week and I cannot believe how bad players feel on the ball.

I'm using a frontline of Mid Bergkamp-TOTY Mbappe-Mid Garrincha and they feel so sluggish and un-agile compared pre-patch. I can tell I'm not getting input delay or lag, but I feel like I'm having to fight against my players to get them to turn/pass/shoot.

It was already hard enough to break down someone's pathetic 9 man bus with dribbling, now it feels nigh on impossible sometimes. All this has done is put people off dribbling, and turn them towards spamming even more pacepacepace through balls because it's the 'easy' way to get chances.

22 has been my favourite FIFA since FIFA 13, but after playing 20 games with this new patch, I'm lost all desire to play.

Comments

• Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Was a great game until this patch
    Passing is awful and it don’t go to the player you aim it to. I’ve got 4 mill putting it into upgrade packs of I don’t get anything then that be me done for the year. The enjoyment has gone for me.
  • Qon
    1708 posts Fans' Favourite
    Same here mate. Made a nice team with Pele, Cruyff, Xavi, Zidane, Matthaus etc and can't play a normal game. Team is walking in mud
  • bigpokey24
    5808 posts Big Money Move
    First time playing in a week and I cannot believe how bad players feel on the ball.

I'm using a frontline of Mid Bergkamp-TOTY Mbappe-Mid Garrincha and they feel so sluggish and un-agile compared pre-patch. I can tell I'm not getting input delay or lag, but I feel like I'm having to fight against my players to get them to turn/pass/shoot.

It was already hard enough to break down someone's pathetic 9 man bus with dribbling, now it feels nigh on impossible sometimes. All this has done is put people off dribbling, and turn them towards spamming even more pacepacepace through balls because it's the 'easy' way to get chances.

22 has been my favourite FIFA since FIFA 13, but after playing 20 games with this new patch, I'm lost all desire to play.

getting the same feelin g, feels so hard to control the players with the LS.. I have tried none, low and high
  • Alford5
    729 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Absolutely no different really since the patch, always seems to be the ones with elite teams moaning cos they expect to win every game
  • Mr. Soper
    3983 posts National Call-Up
    I’m liking the goal keeping.

Through balls seems to be an issue now
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    It’s definitely not destroyed left stick dribbling mate.

Maybe it’s your gameplay buddy.
  • pes1972
    1589 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 22
    Left stick dribbling is no different for me. Nothing is any different!!!!

I'm just starting to think that all these moaning threads are people who are starting to get the delay/sluggish gameplay some of us have had for years.

Gameplay exactly the same here as before patch and still these "patch changed everything" threads comes everytime it is patched. Time for people to start realising the issues is at their side of the screen since 99% of the players notice no difference whatsoever.
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1063 posts Professional
    Same here, doesn't feel like anything has changed at my end, we get this all the time.... it has to just be the changeable gameplay that people seem to experience? I'm lucky I very rarely get it but I have had patches of lead boots gameplay over the years. So I know it is a thing.
  • Grahammbe2
    1307 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe the ones who haven't noticed a change had it switched off anyway. Thats possible
  • Grahammbe2
    1307 posts Play-Off Hero
    :D
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 22
    The gameplay is just inconsistent. None of you are wrong. Some people will have the exact same gameplay as before. Some people will have completely different gameplay. Some will get delay now and no delay next week and vice versa. Some peoples teams will feel smooth and others will feel like they are in mud.

Its just the way this game works
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    The gameplay is just inconsistent. None of you are wrong. Some people will have the exact same gameplay as before. Some people will have completely different gameplay. Some will get delay now and no delay next week and vice versa. Some peoples teams will feel smooth and others will feel like they are in mud.

Its just the way this game works

Wrong. Some people get smooth gameplay all of the time.
  • graff26lfc
    949 posts Professional
    Admit it you only know what exacerbate means because of Shaun of the dead
  • Wonderkiid
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    I’m liking the goal keeping.

Through balls seems to be an issue now

Through balls an issue...lol

Some of you seem to forget that this isnt FIFA street
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    graff26lfc wrote: »
    Admit it you only know what exacerbate means because of Shaun of the dead

It's not a particularly uncommon word, I'd heard it long before watching Shaun of the Dead
  • Bob_Bobson
    3195 posts National Call-Up
    Left stick no different for me post patch.
  • vesprino
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    it's the horrible ping
  • bigpokey24
    5808 posts Big Money Move
    I think something" ain't right with them servers "
  • Johnny_Big_A
    99 posts Park Captain
    Cry noob cry.
  • Janscharie
    699 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm liking it so far!
  • Safckje
    1285 posts Professional
    It still works fine when there’s no delay.

The problem is that at least 50% of your games end up with delay.
  • > @Safckje said:
    > It still works fine when there’s no delay.
    >
    > The problem is that at least 50% of your games end up with delay.

Definitely this. Not being able to see the ping is a big problem for me as can’t avoid the German and Dutch players anymore. I’ve been checking the nationality of players after each game and whenever I have a game where I feel like I can’t move and the game feels broken it has been against someone from one of those countries!
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 23
    Cry noob cry.

Elite div and Rank 3 on WL.

Winning the sale amount of games as before, it’s just so much more boring now.

Go away kid.

• princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    pes1972 wrote: »
    Left stick dribbling is no different for me. Nothing is any different!!!!

I'm just starting to think that all these moaning threads are people who are starting to get the delay/sluggish gameplay some of us have had for years.

Gameplay exactly the same here as before patch and still these "patch changed everything" threads comes everytime it is patched. Time for people to start realising the issues is at their side of the screen since 99% of the players notice no difference whatsoever.

Delusional. I suppose you think you know better than the pros who spend their entire life on the game?

Gameplay has objectively changed massively.
  • Rolandinho
    1393 posts Play-Off Hero
    Exactly what I said on this forum, not surprised that pro Players like Tekkz and MoAuba already made a video complaining.

Not that we should listen to them but they say exactly the same thing like me, op and others. Game got reversed to a meta were you are likely to see a ton of players spamming through/lob balls since they nerfed so many things.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    Yeah i definitely agree the game is slowly forcing everyone to play the same way, if you endlessly nerf and never buff then the stuff that is "overpowered" will keep being abused, EA honestly have never been good at balancing their game so there will always be certain techniques which you abuse to get wins
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    The managed to nerf just about every method of attacking... except spamming through balls.

Guess which sort of goal I see 95% of the time now?
  • I have the exact same issue. Been losing my mind trying to figure out what's happening. I'm on elite, always been, and out of a sudden I just feel like I don't know how to play the game at all (been playing since 2013). So frustrating 😔

Left stick dribbling was so fun. Nothing works now! I went from playing 50 matches a week to struggle to finish a match per day as I just don't feel like I'm in control of my players anymore.

I'm really curious why this is not felt by everyone.

I'm on Xbox, old gen. Thought it was related to connection, settings, etc. but after testing everything I just believe gameplay changed and I don't find it enjoyable at all. Will definitely stay away from the game until they fix this.