Do i get Prime overmars or mid icon pack?

Hocus_pocus
419 posts Sunday League Hero
edited January 20
Can achieve 10 tokens no more so do I get prime overmars to replace ljunberg or do I just gamble for a mid icon?

Comments

• Shemson
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Personally I’d gamble, I don’t think Overmars will be that much better than Ljungberg but you have to be willing to accept it could be worse from the gamble.

I did the 10 token mid gamble and got Bergkamp who is surprisingly great after 10 games so was a W for me.
  • AntraXxX
    671 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Can achieve 10 tokens no more so do I get prime overmars to replace ljunberg or do I just gamble for a mid icon?
    Gamble man.

Overmars has it attributes with his pace and 5* WF for example. But we’re almost in to february and a player like prime Overmars (let alone Ljunberg sorry) is a bit outdated.
  • Shake_n_Bake
    241 posts Sunday League Hero

Shemson wrote: »
    Personally I’d gamble, I don’t think Overmars will be that much better than Ljungberg but you have to be willing to accept it could be worse from the gamble.

I did the 10 token mid gamble and got Bergkamp who is surprisingly great after 10 games so was a W for me.

Have you used him to make that statement? Overmars is amazing. People don’t like him because he is 3*. Big deal. His agile dribbling is top notch and 5* weak foot
  • Gloria_ou_Morte
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    I played with Overmars several times, and he failed to impress me, there are many better and cheaper alternatives.
  • Hocus_pocus
    Still undecided any thoughts please 🤷‍♂️
  • Shemson
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shemson wrote: »

Have you used him to make that statement? Overmars is amazing. People don’t like him because he is 3*. Big deal. His agile dribbling is top notch and 5* weak foot

Not this year tbf but I used him a couple years ago as I was a big fan of watching him back in the day, guy was electric.
    It’s the 3* skills that kill it for me though like you said, for me that is a big deal, if you don’t use skills for your wingers though yeah crack on.
  • z ginga ninja x
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mid icon for sure
  • Robbie_Larcos1
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I got overmars and love him. May be nearly Feb but he's more than usable for a while and you could get someone like cech
  • Neil_14
    3197 posts National Call-Up
    I had similar decision, I was deciding between Rio, Casillas and the Base/Mid gamble. Casillas would've helped me start Pique and Rio would have been a fun nostalgic addition. I have had Rio 3 years running and I found Casillas very easy to score against...

I went with the gamble pack thinking its a roll of the dice for a huge player that I couldn't normally afford. I saw Dutch, I thought no way, I got MVB and still I thought no way.

Anyways, I briefly regretted not going for Rio but it was the boring choice and over a week later I believe I made the right choice and I'd do it again. I just hope I get a Cruyff next time I see the Netherlands flag. I got fooled by it twice as I previously pulled RVN too from the base icon SBC.

Long story short, just do it.
  • Hocus_pocus
    I took rio from first lot he's been decent enough
  • Hammer316
    4082 posts National Call-Up
    I'd go for the gamble unless overmars was your favourite player growing up. He's not that great in game.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Pack
  • LenKikk
    1916 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would go pack, better players around for not so much coins.
  • MIG40970
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    I had the same dilemma, went with pack and got Mid Eusebio. So happy with that, but I choose pack because I have plenty of options at LM/LW and CB so Rio and Overmars were not an issue.