How many long termers find Fut and fifa soo boring now.

Dazzler
2161 posts Fans' Favourite
edited January 17
As per the title.

I’ve been playing Fut since 2012 and with the increasing frustrations of the game which includes lag and the constant rubbish like bounce back and the inevitable goal at the end of it and the other ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I have finally almost given up on the game.

Madly I now play for the weekly silver totw player and if there is a ‘decent’ objective player. Even these I find a grind which is why I stress madly I now play.

I just can’t see the enthusiasm to want to play the game any more as I feel EA have sucked the life out of the ‘game.’

I know people will say see you etc but I am genuinely intrigued if the long termers feel the same about the game and that it’s become so boring.

I used to like cup competitions and I wonder if my frustrations with the game is that because I am experienced with the game I can easily now see all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ within it or if EA are just making a worse game each year by virtue of not trying to improve it and in fact allowing broken parts of the game to get worse.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    20132 posts Moderator
    I play it more now. P2p and the pace lob through balls made older fifas unplayable.
  • spbuckmaster
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA just want to please the masses with shiny new cards. Making the point of 98% of the player base worthless by the time we hit the end of month 2.

Too many promo and objectives.

I just want to finish a game rather than out play someone for them to quit after about 10 in game minutes.

EA should incentivise their gold standard competitions ( Rivals & Champs ) by making rewards appealing and worth the time.

The gameplay is what it is! We are all in the same boat. It should be better but I’m not holding my breath for this to ever happen.

It will need come down to a rival company making a better game, but again I can’t see this happening any time soon.
  • PaulDr
    3621 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa 20 is the one that bored me to tears. Gameplay and the usual server issues aside, I'm enjoying this alot more.
  • Robertjames86
    2050 posts Fans' Favourite
    Excellent post mate give me a reboot of fut 13 over this trash any day.
    But as mentioned EA are only giving all these kids what they want shiny new cards and arcade style basketball gameplay. I'm on the verge of downloading efootball I can't take it much longer with all these OP special cards most games have 10 plus goals in them. Down at my level anyhow!!!
  • Daviedenko
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i actually like the gameplay this year i’m still using lukaku to score a bunch of headers . But yes i’m bored with rivals mode it’s just totally pointless .
  • Mike_Lowrey
    1366 posts Play-Off Hero
    My first FUT in years and will be my last unless they change the gameplay drastically on next-gen for Fifa 23. Feels like a chore playing it.
  • SSL14
    1146 posts Professional
    I don't find it boring, but then again I'm lucky enough that every year I trade and have decent pack luck. So I usually run a team of my fave players and icons.

If I wasn't in that position I'd probably find using the same old promo players year in year out pretty dull.
  • Leo_D10S
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Been playing UT since 09. I am basically done with fifa now. This year the "helping" of the lesser player is just next level. Manual reading of the game still doesn't get rewarded. The skillgap is just so extremely low, thanks to how this game is. Games you should win 4/5-0 will become a 2/3-1 or even lose them 1-2.. There's litteraly no point anymore in playing this "competitive" game.
  • radhoyl
    4546 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 17
    Only my second full year and definitely done after. Like many here, I started playing during lock down which should be a thing of the past by Autumn. At least I learned something new.
  • Cbn
    2246 posts Fans' Favourite
    My first FUT in years and will be my last unless they change the gameplay drastically on next-gen for Fifa 23. Feels like a chore playing it.

This. Cant be arsed with this strong AI nonsense. Sweaty af and minimun control for dribbling. Someone here said Well that we are not far away that we can put our controller down and watch the game playing itself.
  • Seminal_Lance
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have also been playing since FUT 12. I enjoy building teams more than anything now and have done for the past few games. It's very frustrating when I've made a good looking team and they play like crap because of the faults of the game.
  • Mr. Soper
    3999 posts National Call-Up
    Been playing since 10. Still like it. So much to grind for. Think the game play is fine. Not too rewarding, but you can play a bit different and still get results.
  • ToiletChimp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    The first thing is it's genuinely quite hard to push out a fully polished, well oiled game when you have to put a new edition out every year, so we'll never get the perfect game we want. Also, what people 'want' varies throughout the community. Some want a more realistic game, others a more happy with an arcade-like game.

Having said that, I feel like in trying to push for more 'realism' or more 'control' for the user, they've made the game very stodgy.

Every year there's a new 'thing' which is OP or particularly effective, whether it's finesse shots, certain skill moves, through balls etc. but EA have never been able to, be it down to time or not focusing enough attention, find a decent balance between allowing people to implement their own style in a recognisable way and allowing people to have 'fun', be it through skilling or firing off long shots etc.

What ends up happening is that something is deemed 'OP', people complain, EA botch a fix of it, the OP thing is nerfed but often to the extent that you can't even do the 'OP' thing in a reasonable way, or the thing they buffed to counter it is too strong and adds another problem for people to complain about.

All this while, basic things like player switching, passes going where they're aimed with the right weight, GKs letting the ball go out for a corner rather than picking it up, players not realising they're under pressure and delaying passing the ball unnecessarily, GKs punching crosses they could easily catch etc. never get addressed.

As I said above EA have big time pressure but the main reason, it seems, is that they just don't care about dealing with problems properly as as long as people are spending fifa points and buying packs then they're happy. Over the years it's moved away from being solely pace abuse which on one hand is good but with custom tactics especially it's led to people finding new ways to basically not play the game. They just sit there crowding out their own box then hit long through balls (the only type of through ball that works properly and effectively) to a pacy player which makes the game very boring and very repetitive. The dumb thing is there was a counter to this at the start of the game through long shots and finesse shots from outside the box but they're less effective now unless you have a lot of space to take the shot on. EA gave in to the people who complained they couldn't rat the game out so much and everyone else has to play the struggle fest.

tl;dr - for one reason for another, EA have never had a proper handle on how to make their game good and have gradually reduced it to a clunky mess year on year.
  • Mike_Lowrey
    1366 posts Play-Off Hero
    The developers at EA have no reason to change anything, as long as people are still buying Fifa points. If all of a sudden the revenue for UT decreased massively, they would be forced to change something as the directors and executives wouldnt accept it because its been their cash cow for years now.
  • Maximus AK47
    2994 posts National Call-Up
    Dazzler wrote: »
    As per the title.

I’ve been playing Fut since 2012 and with the increasing frustrations of the game which includes lag and the constant rubbish like bounce back and the inevitable goal at the end of it and the other ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I have finally almost given up on the game.

Madly I now play for the weekly silver totw player and if there is a ‘decent’ objective player. Even these I find a grind which is why I stress madly I now play.

I just can’t see the enthusiasm to want to play the game any more as I feel EA have sucked the life out of the ‘game.’

I know people will say see you etc but I am genuinely intrigued if the long termers feel the same about the game and that it’s become so boring.

I used to like cup competitions and I wonder if my frustrations with the game is that because I am experienced with the game I can easily now see all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ within it or if EA are just making a worse game each year by virtue of not trying to improve it and in fact allowing broken parts of the game to get worse.

I am playing much less than in previous FIFAs. I am playing since 2008/2009.

Just WL and sometimes OBJ players friendly.

As you said, it is absolutely boring experience. You dont compete. JUst target to finish WL quicker .
    Trying new cards is not really fun as gameplay suckkkkss. WL mode is trash. No skill gap at all. just random results. Even if you start 10-0, you will still get your 13-14 wins... no matter what. So what's the point of trying ?

And at least 5 out of 20 players will do time wasting / drop back park bus etc.

EA doesnt care. We need more game mode options to stay interested. WL is not exciting or rewarding any more.

I used to like Career mode. But it is dead for the past 3 years.
  • freddfranca
    2628 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play since 14, and agree that this game looks like a torture sometimes. I miss the times when get a TOTS players really worth something.

But the worst part for me is the “win at all cost” mentality.
    Of course it’s a game, I want to win, but in first place I want to have fun. 9 in 10 games it’s against people playing the same way, drop back waiting the AÍ intercept the ball, then run to the byline and passing back. Or dribbling in circles in front
    of the box to do the same play again.

Add this to all the glitches and bugs, and the game is being even more unplayable
  • Maximus AK47
    2994 posts National Call-Up
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    Been playing since 10. Still like it. So much to grind for. Think the game play is fine. Not too rewarding, but you can play a bit different and still get results.

I am curious what you are playing during the week? I hardly play any games during the week.

My current cycle is to pass through qualification (thur/fri) than play WL on Saturday. and thats it. I dont even bother DR any more.... rewards are cheap and I can make much more coins just by trading 1-2 hours a week.

I noticed I missed those Icon Swaps games for batch 1 tokens.... and I am not upset at all...... as ICON packs are shocking bad... and 95% of ICONs are bad in game compared to special promo cards.

Sure I liked Del Piero a lot IRL or Shevchenko was my hero too ... but cards like Aouar or Fekir play much better in game and they are more fun....thats ABSURD but sadly true....
  • pes1972
    1657 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nothing more boring than seeing these same threads over and over again.
  • ImAtrocious
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    I've been playing for some time and actually find myself more engaged now than I was before. There is always content available. I know it can be a lot, but it's also good that I don't have to worry about missing something I don't have time for, because I always know more will be coming. And I actually enjoy the weekend league and playing rivals. I'm probably just thick about it, but feel like I can see where I make mistakes when I concede, which leaves me feeling like there are ways to get better. I'm just a div. 2 player, so there's plenty of room for improvement.

As for rivals, I don't mind where it's at. I still like playing the mode, even if I'm beyond my 7 wins. It still feels competitive, and is a mode that I feel helps me to improve.

The game has tons of flaws, and I'm not trying to ignore them or saying that aren't impactful. It's just that I enjoy the game, even with the flaws. My biggest complaint is there are still modes on the ps5 where it's really hard to get a game, like the silver stars.

Lastly, when I did get tired of the game, I didn't buy it for a year. That seemed to help put things in perspective for me and helped me to find a way to enjoy the game when I do play.
  • Wi1son73
    3978 posts National Call-Up
    Mr. Soper wrote: »

I am curious what you are playing during the week? I hardly play any games during the week.

My current cycle is to pass through qualification (thur/fri) than play WL on Saturday. and thats it. I dont even bother DR any more.... rewards are cheap and I can make much more coins just by trading 1-2 hours a week.

I noticed I missed those Icon Swaps games for batch 1 tokens.... and I am not upset at all...... as ICON packs are shocking bad... and 95% of ICONs are bad in game compared to special promo cards.

Sure I liked Del Piero a lot IRL or Shevchenko was my hero too ... but cards like Aouar or Fekir play much better in game and they are more fun....thats ABSURD but sadly true....

Your not wrong mate.. especially Fekir he’s another level, I’ve benched FB Benzema but don’t think I’ll bench Fekir anytime soon..
    Aouar is great in the midfield and scores some cracking finesse goals from 25 yards without green timing
  • High420
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hard tie for me between the issues being with the game vs the community.

No connection issues etc and the game is mostly okay, but it seems often to be one sided (ie in favour of my opponent or myself) and for most of the community, there are constant issues around this.

The community itself is just so toxic, whether that's on the forum/reddit or playing others online.

Its easy enough to avoid that by not playing or responding/engaging to trolls/toxic people but I just wish more people realised it doesn't have to be like this lol (unrealistic expectation I know). A lot of nice people are driven to toxic behavior because of the game and its issues itself which is understandable to a degree.

People love finding an exploit and using them beyond the point of absurdity.

corners/pressure(or lag glitch), lobbed passes etc whatever it is, the higher up the ranking you go the worse it is.

Yes there are counters to all of these and yes there are friendlies etc if you just want to play for fun, but those are ruined as well by the same issues.

No idea what the fix is tbh, but the best thing I did to enjoy the game is to not spend money on it (past the purchase price), it's been a lot easier to let the annoyances wash off me knowing I've not wasted money on fp (which I did a lot on my first FUT year in 18).

I just miss the days of being on the couch verses your mates and winner stays on tbh, but life moves on and past uni with kids etc it becomes more difficult to fit in.
  • High420
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Damn, I really wrote an essay in the last post,my bad 😂😂
  • TW1103
    4521 posts National Call-Up
    I'm a 'FUT Founder' and I have never played it so little as the last 2 years. I spend more time on the forum
  • Blackpoolmonster
    5014 posts Big Money Move
    I'm a FUT Founder and I play it just as much as I did 13 years ago 😂
  • SharpEnds
    79 posts Park Captain
    I played table football in arcades and Subbuteo at home. There were several football video games in arcades over the years before PlayStation. Some quite good. The first FIFA I bought was FIFA 98 on PS. I soon switched to ISS. I only got back into FIFA in 16' due to my kid wanting to get it. It's just a game.
  • shady93
    711 posts Semi-Pro
    Played since 13. I used to get excited about jumping on every night pretty much. Also going over and over on futbin or fut head creating different teams, reading reviews on players workrates, formations and tactics.

Now I just pop on at the weekend get whatever wins I can scrape through in fastest time possible to avoid playing too much. :D a bit of a joke really just do it out of habit these days not fun.
  • Phil88lfc
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Played since the first ultimate team, and played FIFA before that online, been feeling the same for the past few years but been buying them anyway but this years is a chore to play atm, gameplay is broken as per, just no fun in playing, constant sweaty players who sell their a$$ to win, just CBA with it, even playing the 7 rivals games feels like a chore, mainly go on now to do sbc and that’s about it