89+ Mid Icon Swaps

RogLeBell
569 posts An Exciting Prospect
One mid icon in my club - untradable Ballack from the mid icon SBC two days ago and now after all that grind get him again. Saw the German flag and knew what was coming.

In case anyone was thinking about this, seen the majority of pulls an 89. Just do the mid icon and take the fodder packs.

dc2416812f82da6e513b6f9a98ecab0c.jpg

Comments

• iSoar7
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    Wow that is incredibly unlucky
  • RogLeBell
    iSoar7 wrote: »

Don’t think it’s luck bro. EA love giving you dupes.
  • IxToMxI
    8232 posts League Winner
    I got Cantona in mine
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    EA did you. Sorry, must feel awful after all that grind! I dont trust these gamble packs and try and avoid them after traumatic past experiences!
  • oldboiler
    5303 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 12
    Icon RNG ….that’s not random…is one of worst thing they’ve added to the game.
  • RogLeBell
    EA did you. Sorry, must feel awful after all that grind! I dont trust these gamble packs and try and avoid them after traumatic past experiences!

It’s a sickener mate. His knows how many hours over two swaps to get a dupe. Just not right man.
  • Jackwc
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    Absolute joke. Swear they have a code that gives you any untradable icon you already have 😭
  • FlyingOkapis
    1921 posts Play-Off Hero

Not convinced luck has a part in this, I got mid Beckham and Casillas untradeable in my club, its the reason I dont do any mid icon upgrades.
  • iSoar7
    792 posts Semi-Pro

Not convinced luck has a part in this, I got mid Beckham and Casillas untradeable in my club, its the reason I dont do any mid icon upgrades.

Maybe you have a statistically higher chance to pack a dupe icon in these packs, but it is not a 100% guarantee every time. I did a mid icon pack, have multiple mid icons in club but got a different icon, for example. Luck is involved.
  • Loco_kniene
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Now exactly how you feel. Last year I crafted mid icon sbc's and I got back to back Del Piero's 😅
  • SeñorCatflap
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jackwc wrote: »
    Absolute joke. Swear they have a code that gives you any untradable icon you already have 😭

I got 85 Zola from the base. Did a mid the other week and got 87 Zola. Wasn't even an upgrade haha
  • Jackwc

I got 85 Zola from the base. Did a mid the other week and got 87 Zola. Wasn't even an upgrade haha

Ffs man 😭😭 I was planning on doing the base/mid pack with my remaining tokens but debating just doing Rio as I can’t face another dupe 😭😭
  • RSL183
    1085 posts Professional
    Butra for me
  • RSL183
    1085 posts Professional

I did the Vieira base sbc then an hour later got mid Vieira in an icon pack
  • Safckje
    1341 posts Professional
    RSL183 wrote: »

I have base gullit but I’d happily take his mid.
  • Buzzbuzz
    2781 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's BS, they give out so many dupes. Nick the YTer got Mid Guardiola three times in a row 😅
  • Jackwc

Jesus Christ 🤮
    Well I had base giggs that I’d bought just because he was cheap then done the base sbc and got giggs.
    Done the beckham sbc then did the mid icon sbc and who pops out. Becks…..
  • Safckje
    1341 posts Professional
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    It's BS, they give out so many dupes. Nick the YTer got Mid Guardiola three times in a row 😅

I seen that. I was really expecting some sort of red list pull after all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with his account.
  • Buzzbuzz
    Safckje wrote: »

I seen that. I was really expecting some sort of red list pull after all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with his account.

Like when Castro got banned, reinstated, then pulled a mega icon (I think R9) then very next day? 😅
  • Buzzbuzz
    There's nothing random about what we all pull in packs.
  • RogLeBell

I saw this. Madness. Funny to watch, not so good when it’s you :D
  • RogLeBell

Jesus Christ 🤮
    Well I had base giggs that I’d bought just because he was cheap then done the base sbc and got giggs.
    Done the beckham sbc then did the mid icon sbc and who pops out. Becks…..

@RSL183 EA knew man.
  • RSL183
    1085 posts Professional
    There are way too many examples of this shithousery from EA for it not to be a thing
  • Buzzbuzz
    RogLeBell wrote: »

I saw this. Madness. Funny to watch, not so good when it’s you :D

Yeah it's also funny cos he has enough coins to buy whoever he wants. For some who rinsed their club in hope of a big pull, it's a pretty crap move from EA
  • Sjonhinho
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jokes on you. I got 87 Hernandez en 88 Litmanen from the mid icons so no dupe for me!!
  • Kloral
    4368 posts National Call-Up
    I got bloody 89 Van Der Sar....
  • Miigue
    1345 posts Professional
    Zambrotta, Desailly, Del Piero, or Icon pack? I’ve got 14 tokens and can’t put myself though another squad battles game.
  • ScrubsFifa101
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Miigue wrote: »
    Zambrotta, Desailly, Del Piero, or Icon pack? I’ve got 14 tokens and can’t put myself though another squad battles game.

Depends on your team and how willing you are to risk having an icon that ends up being just fodder. I’d send the icon pack because this game resets every year anyway.

Del P is always solid, Desailly is great at CB, haven’t tried Zambrotta.
  • Cubeshawn
    90 posts Park Captain
    I got shearer, then did a mid upgrade pack and got deco two huge loses!
  • kdirt
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 13
    No dupes here, but got Laudrup in my first mid icon pack and Litmanen in my second. Fodder