What am I doing wrong with mbappe?

Gstitt10
1623 posts Play-Off Hero
I keep hearing he's the best card on the game, I have him up front in a 4312 with WW ibrahimovic and WW fabinho as cam and they both are scoring and carrying the team.
I have him as stay forward, get in behind but I'm finding he is not moving much for me, pretty static, passing and general link up play poor. He isn't really getting in any good goalscoring chances.

Comments

• jamiemb17
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe the formation. It's a bit of a claustrophobic formation for the attackers. You might get more ot of him in something like a 442 or 4222.
  • Milonairs
    179 posts Sunday League Hero
    It took a few games to start to like him, maybe 100 to start love him and after +-300 games can confirm this guy is for his price a legendary striker. Just got him out of the squad and now Eusebio 91 has hes place. Defo a upgrade but the only one I actually wanted more then Mbappe.
    If I had to go back I would always go back to Mbappe.
    I have WW ibra to btw and he is my cam. Eusebio (or mbappe) as a striker is what worked for me. :)
    639 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Play him as the lone striker in a 433 probably get the best out of Mbappe
  • Swanz05
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    Maybe try him false 9 to give him a bit of space? It worked for me in 4312.
  • CC84COV
    2921 posts National Call-Up
    Get in behind and put balls in for him to run onto surly ?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited January 6
    Mbappe is rubbish.

Sell him
  • Qon
    1707 posts Fans' Favourite
    David12344 wrote: »
    Mbappe is rubbish.

Sell him

This. Overrated
  • Professor
    4117 posts National Call-Up
    I’m more afraid to face Mbappe then any other attacker. He glitches through defenders and gets every rebound.

Try taking off the stay forward and leave him balanced. This way he won’t be so isolated due to his work rates.
  • Furrag85
    2495 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you play him up top and get in behind, fast build up, or get in box, he will sell less of the ball because he has H/L WR. You can utilise his pace behind if you play early through balls but they're dealt with easily.

He causes me most problems when he gets the ball deeper and runs at me. You can then play off someone else and control his runs unmarked from deep.
  • PhilT1808
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I couldn’t get on with Mbappe at all. CR7 on the other hand is different gravy.
  • Gstitt10
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sold. Went 4 games in a row with no goals, again WW ibrahimovic carrying the team.
  • pedro___
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    Professor wrote: »
    I’m more afraid to face Mbappe then any other attacker. He glitches through defenders and gets every rebound.

Try taking off the stay forward and leave him balanced. This way he won’t be so isolated due to his work rates.

Im always afraid to face cr7. Mbappe is tough, but CR7 is a nightmare.
  • madlion
    3025 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 7
    You expect too much from him based on what you heard from others so every missed pass/shot confirms what you want to see.
    Forget he’s in your team, give him time and upgrade the rest of your team and he will shine
  • Gstitt10
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    madlion wrote: »
    You expect too much from him based on what you heard from others so every missed pass/shot confirms what you want to see.
    Forget he’s in your team, give him time and upgrade the rest of your team and he will shine

I've a strong team and I was not forcing passes to him, my main goal threat is ibrahimovic but it become more alarming when my cam was getting more goals than him
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    955 posts Professional
    I found Di natale to be better weirdly... for me mbappe missed so many simple chances it made me rage sell him... I'm talking dead simple stuff. And I would make the perfect input as I would with any other player and it would go wide?

Every other area he was fine but it wound me up to be losing games I should have easily won if it wasn't for his missed opportunities.