Should TOTW be scrapped, revamped or left as is?

JayUnited9
1324 posts Professional
This years TOTW's have been the worst by far. They have maybe 1 or 2 good players and the rest end up being discards. Are you happy with the current state of the TOTW format?

Comments

• Okocha10
    1085 posts Professional
    What should happen is they keep totw but from fut champs you get promo players from red picks instead TOTW but EA won’t do that because of £££
  • JayUnited9
    1324 posts Professional
    Revamped, 95 percent of all TOTW cards is fodder.

Fodder or quicksell is all they tend to be. It's beyond boring now
  • JayUnited9
    1324 posts Professional
    Okocha10 wrote: »
    What should happen is they keep totw but from fut champs you get promo players from red picks instead TOTW but EA won’t do that because of £££

I like that idea but there's no chance they'd do it, unless they start to put a load of worthless cards into the promos too
  • phep
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    TOTW is way underpowered compared to the promos. Promo players are generally boosted to 2 or 3 IF levels so when we get to December there’s only ever ~2 TOTW players who can even compete with the lowest rated promo player. TOTW boosts need to be higher across the board to make it worthwhile.
  • Okocha10
    1085 posts Professional
    JayUnited9 wrote: »

I like that idea but there's no chance they'd do it, unless they start to put a load of worthless cards into the promos too

Reduce the red picks to one per week in fut champs with promo players, rather that then getting 3 dross totw players every week
  • Wonderkiid
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    In theory, the TOTW is fine. EA needs to stop pumping these juiced promo's into the market every week. Even icons are like 95% useless and 5% impossible to pay for and we are like 2 months into Fifa.

If EA slows down by lets say 1 promo each month and just 1 team, not 2 teams + abother 6 players then the power curve won't be so bad and icons/TOTW will become usable for a longer time.

But the sad reality (for us) is that they are in this to make money. We can argue all we want but it wont make any difference
  • GETEM555
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They need to scrap the TOTW pack from higher tier rewards, I’d rather have a 100k pack
  • hammycfc
    1051 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 5
    TOTW should go to players that deserve it unlike popular household names that only get it to sell packs.

If EA didn’t flood the market with TOTW packs in champions it would be less a problem mostly everyone got 8 wins now they put it up to 9 it’s made no difference.
  • MIG40970
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    Make them dynamic
  • TW1103
    4521 posts National Call-Up
    MIG40970 wrote: »
    Make them dynamic

How would you do that? It's got my attention but no idea how to make it work
  • I SiR MartY I
    15908 posts World Class
    edited January 5
    They should up the number of * upgrades as each week progresses

Start with 1 card getting a double upgrade, then 2 next week, then 3, etc etc

There's 23 IFs in a TOTW + the silver stars, 24 weeks takes us up March, then its 2 months of double upgrades as the season comes to an end, by then promo cards will have completely blitzed the TOTW anyway but at least they will be something other than fodder
  • MIG40970
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    TW1103 wrote: »
    MIG40970 wrote: »
    Make them dynamic

How would you do that? It's got my attention but no idea how to make it work

That would, of course, damage promo cards for EA, but it would be probably best if they make SIF and all subsequent IFs not new cards, but an upgrade of the first IF. That way, IFs would be valued more (unless the player is injured for a long time in rl)
  • Keep it as it is. Most of totw is bad, but its only compared to EAs flashbangboom promo cards. I dont have a problem with them. But also when Im writing this, it would be fun to get the totw card based on just that performance from that game. For example if Bernardo Silva got 4 assist in one game, maybe they should base his in forms stats on how he got the assists etc and how he played that game. He scored a free kick goal? Boost the FK accuracy. Is that do-able?
  • hammycfc wrote: »
    TOTW should go to players that deserve it unlike popular household names that only get it to sell packs.

If EA didn’t flood the market with TOTW packs in champions it would be less a problem mostly everyone got 8 wins now they put it up to 9 it’s made no difference.

I agree with you. The difference this year is that the ”good” irl players have under performed. And everyone is talking about ”Cr7 robbed!! 1 goal 1 assist!!!”... if Yaremchuk scored 3 he should get it instead. And I think EA have been much better at it this year, hence why everyone are complaining
  • jamiemb17
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Keep as it is. What would you like them to do with it? We have plenty enough promo cards as it is. TOTW cards actually offer some very good, risk-free value for some players, e.g. I am using 86 Barella, Kessie and Lautaro Martinez, all fodder price (20k) so no-risk investments, all very good in-game.
  • RadioShaq
    20543 posts Moderator
    Everyone is complaining about all the juiced promos so not sure making totw better would help.
  • Numlocked_
    2737 posts Fans' Favourite

They overdid it with promo cards. They effin move faster than the ball does
  • Fozberry
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Keep the amount of promos, but rather than have a promo team, 6-10 of the TOTW players become promo players, the rest TOTW.
    That way...
    TOTW is still relevant and the players in it potentially useable

Not as many watered down promos

Only players deserving of special cards get them, no upping players that don't even play

SBCs and objectives can do any other specials

Just keep UCL, TOTY and TOTS the same
  • AngryHawk
    357 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What’s sad is now real football doesn’t make a difference.

A few years ago, I’d get excited during a match if a player from my favorite team got 2-3 goals, assuming he’d get a TOTW. I’d then get to try out the card, and it would be quite useful for many weeks/even months.

Now most TOTW players get small +1 upgrades which makes them far inferior to the juices up promo cards (who EA decides is going to be apart of)
  • His0ka
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    The Promos are the problem - they just want to make as much money as possible as they know people will buy the packs to have the best players. They neglect gameplay for stupid packs and hope they go bankrupt in the near future.
  • ArsleWenger
    868 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 5
    Guys do you remember fifa 11/12/ maybe 13 days.... in forms, motm, toty and tots. The tots was so freaking good. It was like christmas
  • jamiemb17
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Guys do you remember fifa 11/12/ maybe 13 days.... in forms, motm, toty and tots. The tots was so freaking good. It was like christmas

Yeah good times man. I think TOTS were black cards too back then. I remember packing Kompany on 11 I think it was, and selling him for 300k.
  • JayUnited9
    1324 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Everyone is complaining about all the juiced promos so not sure making totw better would help.

People complain about the promos but if they took them away they'd complain about a lack of content, also if it wasn't for the promo players everyone would probably still be using the likes of Dembele, Kimpembe, Fekir, Benzema etc. Nothing makes a FIFA more boring than coming up against the exact same players 95% of the time. Maybe if they toned down the promos a bit and juiced the TOTW up a bit they'd find a nice balance where both are useful
  • jamiemb17 wrote: »

Yeah good times man. I think TOTS were black cards too back then. I remember packing Kompany on 11 I think it was, and selling him for 300k.

Yes fifa 12 were the first with any other special colours than the black ones
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1655 posts Play-Off Hero
    Keep it as it is. Most of totw is bad, but its only compared to EAs flashbangboom promo cards. I dont have a problem with them. But also when Im writing this, it would be fun to get the totw card based on just that performance from that game. For example if Bernardo Silva got 4 assist in one game, maybe they should base his in forms stats on how he got the assists etc and how he played that game. He scored a free kick goal? Boost the FK accuracy. Is that do-able?

It’s definitely doable. EA actually said they were going to do it prior to fifa 20 but it seems as though they did not make any changes or just don’t watch the matches.
  • Wonderkiid
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    jamiemb17 wrote: »

Dont think that's correct. TOTS was never black. TOTY used to be black though.

I really miss those early FUT days. I consider todays Fifa the equivilant of Fortnite in sport games.
  • d-Leon307-b
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 5
    RadioShaq wrote: »

People complain about the promos but if they took them away they'd complain about a lack of content, also if it wasn't for the promo players everyone would probably still be using the likes of Dembele, Kimpembe, Fekir, Benzema etc. Nothing makes a FIFA more boring than coming up against the exact same players 95% of the time. Maybe if they toned down the promos a bit and juiced the TOTW up a bit they'd find a nice balance where both are useful
    The promo players a way to juiced

Just compare them to the icons
    Icons used to be high class players
    Something special now they are handicaps just for the links and that’s just 3 months in the game!
    Totw icons otw are all useless now

Why should I do an mid Icon sbc now if 95% of the icons are worse than the worst promocard players

Ofc i do the sbc , for the gamble or to play some of my childhood icons but it won’t be worth it anymore with these promo cards

For example
    If you pack Gerard mid
    If the promo cards wouldn’t be so juiced I’d play him
    But why should I play him if I can use this guendouzi etc?
    I think that’s just a bad situation caused from ea
  • SeeYouCheeky
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    We only need 11 players. They release way too many every week and half of them are pointless.
  • JohnShelby
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 5
    Just opened one of saved totw packs… in hope
    Of kante
    Got banega, pau Torres and some 75 ovrl amigo
    All discard value