Best moment in FUT 22 this year

Assiaz
362 posts Sunday League Hero
edited December 2021
This is not about George Best this is about something much better.

Just a few minutes ago I was playing a guy from Hungary. I often do match up against guys from there since we (Germans) seem to share the same servers with them. Usually I want to win against these guys just a little bit more, only to annoy my girlfriend. She is a former pro athlete from Hungary, played in the national team and therefore is a very competitive person and also a proud Hungarian. She is always rooting for them when she watches me play and we always start trash talking each other after those games.

Anyways: So I am playing this guy in division 3 and it is my first game of this Rivals season.
He goes 1:0 up and I manage to equalize and take the lead 2:1 just before halftime.

Just as the game resumes after halftime I see him hitting the Pause button and his players not moving at all, understanding that he is afk. So I kick the ball out of game and wait patiently for him to return.

After the game resumes he takes the throw in and kicks it to my goalie.

As bad as this community can be, it is this fair sportsmanship that is worth so much more than any victory.
It made me in an instant stop care who is going to win. It did not matter anymore.
He equalized later and it was a very close game till the end. I managed to score two in the last 10 minutes though. But that did not matter at all cause I simply enjoyed playing this guy, after that fair play.

Needless to say that I couldn’t resist making some jokes about how easy that win was but that is part of the game between me and my gf.

My advice: Enjoy the game and don’t forget that there is a human being on the other end as well
Post edited by Assiaz on

Comments

• Robertjames86
    2050 posts Fans' Favourite
    Your missus sits watching you playing fifa??? My goodness she's a keeper!!! Get her married mate!!! What was her sport was she one of those weightlifters??
  • Shemson
    827 posts Semi-Pro
    That’s classy that from you and him.
    I quite often have to jump up as I have a puppy and he often requires attention and I’ve never had anything like that!
  • Assiaz
    Your missus sits watching you playing fifa??? My goodness she's a keeper!!! Get her married mate!!! What was her sport was she one of those weightlifters??
    :D
    Fortunately not weightlifting. She played handball.
  • Anadin7
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

Complimented him and then savaged him in the same post.
    Nice lol.
  • Robertjames86
    Assiaz wrote: »

Aw nice one fair play to her. All the best to you guys happy new year to you!!
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1296 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's a beautiful story ❤
  • Robertjames86
    Anadin7 wrote: »

Complimented him and then savaged him in the same post.
    Nice lol.

Haha has to be done mate. You know it's the northern Irish way!!
  • Royboy
    1115 posts Professional
    Loved the story. Thanks for sharing.
  • Assiaz

Aw nice one fair play to her. All the best to you guys happy new year to you!!

Cheers mate. Happy new year to you and your loved ones
  • Anadin7
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

Does she still play handball? 😎