Players hesitating before passing or shooting

JayUnited9
1324 posts Professional
My players keep taking much longer than they should to either pass or shoot and sometimes even take extra touches. The passing tends to happen in and around my opponents box which in turn makes it so much more difficult to score, even worse when it happens when trying to shoot. No wonder people think the game is rigged

Comments

• abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    U r suffering from lag
  • TheMightyBee
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    Even happens to me in squad battles, it’s why I’ve stop bothering so much
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1290 posts Play-Off Hero
    De..... lay
  • FifaProDK
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    JayUnited9 wrote: »
    U r suffering from lag

Convenient how I only "lag" just as I'm about to create a goal scoring chance. I have strong connection too with good ping.

There will always be more lag in the final third, because all players are on screen at the same time there.
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1290 posts Play-Off Hero
    U r suffering from lag

Convenient how I only "lag" just as I'm about to create a goal scoring chance. I have strong connection too with good ping.

I had this a lot today... my ice jesus literally turning to ice in the box... suddenly becoming unresponsive and basically throwing away the chance at goal.

Loads of space, beat the man on the side of the goal... all it takes is a few more steps and a shot or pass. But no... my inputs come to nothing and defender or keeper jump on him 🤣
  • Its the worst its ever been. Its been like this over the last 3 or 4 WLs. I got rid of Base Henry and replaced with Messi because of this and its made no difference. You can have the smallest and best dribbler and it makes no difference, the delay dictates everything.

I can't play how i want, so really, what is the point of all this?
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    U r suffering from lag

U only notice that in crucial moments
    Believe me
    When this happens,play a squad battle n u wld notice the difference
  • PirateW
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Even happens to me in squad battles, it’s why I’ve stop bothering so much
    Happens to me on squad battles too, players feel really sluggish and delayed against cpu.
    I only really noticed it after the season 3 update, before then it felt fine.
  • Thefranchise92
    8391 posts League Winner
    Using a wired controller helps delay for me for the most part
  • Mogga
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    I get this and I think a lot of it is down to the in game animations .
  • JayUnited9
    1324 posts Professional
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    U r suffering from lag

There will always be more lag in the final third, because all players are on screen at the same time there.

I've lagged before when I had worse internet, so I know what lag is like. This isn't lag, it's the players kicking animation slowing down. It's ridiculous, no wonder so many people say the game is unplayable. It is infuriating because it's something out of your control
  • I’ve had this since day one.

Nearly every cross into the box, my player will take an extra touch, missed so many goals due to this.

Last night I was having to press the shoot button multiple times to get them to shoot.

As you say, same with passing. I’ve also had it with skill moves. Passing also a joke.
  • DJLDomino
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    U r suffering from lag

Believe me

As others have said, it happens in squad battles too. I've no doubt lag plays a part but I believe there's more going than just that.

There's plenty of nonsense in rivals that people blame on lag that is ramped up in squad battles - bounce backs being a prime example.
  • Mogga
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve had this since day one.

Nearly every cross into the box, my player will take an extra touch, missed so many goals due to this.

Last night I was having to press the shoot button multiple times to get them to shoot.

As you say, same with passing. I’ve also had it with skill moves. Passing also a joke.

It's so annoying. Simple first time tap into the net....errrr nor it's probably better if you control it first . Arghhgh
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    DJLDomino wrote: »
    U r suffering from lag

Believe me

As others have said, it happens in squad battles too. I've no doubt lag plays a part but I believe there's more going than just that.

There's plenty of nonsense in rivals that people blame on lag that is ramped up in squad battles - bounce backs being a prime example.

Not played SB in new season,so not sure

U might b right
  • Lukaku9
    599 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have found today even player switching was delayed and left me no chance at times as it's hard enough getting it to switch to the right player in time anyway.
  • Ballerson
    1621 posts Play-Off Hero
    In squad battles, at times it is the programming. I’ll never forget in 21 how some fast lw of mine who had 2 meters on vvd on the wing became a hamster so the ais vvd could make a play — just sloppy stupid programming in squad battles — similar programming concept in squad battles that makes crapola bronzes move and perform like 99 rated legends — its partially why a vast majority of players detest squad battles and why ea should rethink their approach to this joy killer mode.

Online games — no explanation for why this shsshh. It. Happens.

• Airmax6
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game has been very weird today, this was probably my highlight :
    Donnarumma coming out for the ball and giving birth to this beautiful head control. https://gameclips.io/Airmax6/bbcf7b24-3e22-47f0-af9b-95adde111e42
    Another weird thing that happened was a pause getting registered once the ball was in play ( like you would do in offline games)
  • Shemson
    615 posts An Exciting Prospect
    U r suffering from lag

I had this a lot today... my ice jesus literally turning to ice in the box... suddenly becoming unresponsive and basically throwing away the chance at goal.

Put fire wingers next to him to keep him fluid

But yeah I had worst lag I’ve had today, losing one WL game 3-2, play in Griezmann one on one with loads of space between me and the keeper, press shoot, just keep dribbling into the keeper and full time.
  • Aqeel87
    3600 posts National Call-Up
    Funny thing is all this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ started after patches
  • I can’t take much more of this.

The whole weekend of getting into great shooting positions, press shoot…and they either take another touch or do a 360 turn before shooting.
  • MDR123456
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My players keep taking much longer than they should to either pass or shoot and sometimes even take extra touches. The passing tends to happen in and around my opponents box which in turn makes it so much more difficult to score, even worse when it happens when trying to shoot. No wonder people think the game is rigged

The game isn’t going to do that. It waits for natural movements and positions. Natural for the player and the ball. It would look absolutely ridiculous if it did. plus, the amount of extra animations it would take would be ridiculous. I’d also add the accuracy would be absolutely horrible.
  • sneaky77
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    Lukaku9 wrote: »
    I have found today even player switching was delayed and left me no chance at times as it's hard enough getting it to switch to the right player in time anyway.

Player switching in this game is a travesty
  • Mattheos
    1979 posts Fans' Favourite
    Player switching, tackling, carrying the ball forwards, shooting passing etc. It's all garbage.
  • JayUnited9
    1324 posts Professional
    MDR123456 wrote: »

The game isn’t going to do that. It waits for natural movements and positions. Natural for the player and the ball. It would look absolutely ridiculous if it did. plus, the amount of extra animations it would take would be ridiculous. I’d also add the accuracy would be absolutely horrible.

What?