Fekir and Benz overrated - am I the only one?!

Milonairs
180 posts Sunday League Hero
Yes, I did them. Yes, I have used them and still use them as a sub sometimes. But I really dont find anything to special let alone have them in my starting 11. Fekir was solid in the beginning but with all the new defenders I have no problems defending on both of them.
Yet I still see people swear by those cards praising them like they are god tier icons.
Is it because I just have better players (3-4M squad) and don’t find them anything special or am I just missing something? 🤣
(19xx skill rating approx 15 wins per weekend league)

Comments

• Boysie91
    15197 posts World Class
    Benzema is the most well rounded striker i have used so far.

Fekir is good also.
  • dynamosheva1
    1121 posts Professional
    I have a hard time replacing them - I don’t know what it is . They help me qualify for WL
  • Hitb1404
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    They are excellent for price we paid for them in sbc. Up to 200k they are probably the best. They have no chance agaist top tier icons or gold cards. Less than 1% people get 1 rank in WL and they are not using fekir/benzema. Why? Because they prefer mbappe, eusebios, cruyffs, ginola etc... If we are living in the world where coins are free, noone would use fekir/benzema.
  • dynamosheva1
    1121 posts Professional
    @Hitb1404 great point I would replace Benz for Ronaldo any version lol
  • Theomanny
    2731 posts National Call-Up
    Lol tell thaT tl my benzema. Hes unique
  • dynamosheva1
    1121 posts Professional
    Also I would take zidane , pele , Maradonna

Maldini and cannavaro haha that would be cool
  • Hitb1404
    393 posts Sunday League Hero

Lol, If there is a baby butragueno sbc and the requirements are fekir and benzema 99% of us would do it without hesitation.
  • Jordonp
    3265 posts National Call-Up
    you’re definitely the only one lol. Benz especially.
  • Jordonp
    3265 posts National Call-Up
    Hitb1404 wrote: »

Lol, If there is a baby butragueno sbc and the requirements are fekir and benzema 99% of us would do it without hesitation.

I have Butra baby and Benzema both untradeable. Butra is behind Benzema in the queue. Butra is better as a sub.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Benz is way over rated and I think always was. In bad gameplay he can't turn and is kind of average at everything anyway. He barely gets off the bench.

Fekir is still good and useable but not top tier.
  • graff26lfc
    954 posts Professional
    This has to be bait absolutely everyone uses thes 2 ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • idloveit
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Benzema is absolutely incredible
  • High420
    1777 posts Play-Off Hero
    Benzema benches gold CR7 for me, just get on with his card better than Ronaldo.

I'm under no illusions that he's better than Eusebio etc, but he's still brilliant value for how good he is.

Fekir I think just seems to be one of those cards that is better defensively than he has any right to be (which makes him op in addition to his attacking stats).

I used Fekir's gold card and he seemed to win loads of challenges high up the pitch and both he and Benz feel like they have that 'sticky' glitch where they come out with the ball more than they should when challenging a through ball etc.
  • radhoyl
    4109 posts National Call-Up
    Milonairs wrote: »
    Yes, I did them. Yes, I have used them and still use them as a sub sometimes. But I really dont find anything to special let alone have them in my starting 11. Fekir was solid in the beginning but with all the new defenders I have no problems defending on both of them.
    Yet I still see people swear by those cards praising them like they are god tier icons.
    Is it because I just have better players (3-4M squad) and don’t find them anything special or am I just missing something? 🤣
    (19xx skill rating approx 15 wins per weekend league)

You forgot Inaki, Dante and Pique. I am not a good player but I find it hard to replace any of the them or Fekir or Benzema.
  • Benz would be great if it wasn't for inaki

No comparison unless you play slow build up play. And I'll still rather inaki
  • ZiggieTTU
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Morata is still dominating Benzema for me. (Even though I am bad). I start Benzema for links but Fekir and Aour will have a spot in my starting lineup for the foreseeable future.
  • fifa_meh
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Newbie1234 wrote: »
    Benz would be great if it wasn't for inaki

No comparison unless you play slow build up play. And I'll still rather inaki

This guy knows!
    Inaki is the #goat
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    3522 posts National Call-Up
    Don’t have fekir but that benzema is special. Definitely you are the only one.
  • supreme808
    74 posts Park Captain
    Benz is the most annoying striker to play against, definitely stands out the most in WL, so this says a lot because I put him before Ginolas, Mbappes and such

Fekir's power is fading as I have a better squad to contain him.. but if you know how to finesse outside the box with him, you'll probably score some :)