Do you believe chem styles work?

JayUnited9
1324 posts Professional
Just curious as to who thinks they do or do not enhance the players stats/performance

Comments

• Jackwc
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes
  • Wonderkiid
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    No not really
  • Jordonp
    3342 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2021
    Yes, v noticeable for me

Needs to go with the body type though

Like an engine on a high average player won’t make much difference to agility. Anything physical based though can make them beastly

Chem better at enhancing strengths rather than fixing weaknesses
  • Shimoe1
    81 posts Park Captain
    No
  • RadioShaq
    20525 posts Moderator
    To bad you can’t test it like past years.
  • Oliver Powell
    3356 posts National Call-Up
    No
  • Stewuk73
    352 posts Sunday League Hero
    No
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Yes,,but when used effectively

Will give u one example that I felt made noticeable difference

Hero Robbie keane

Put a hunter on him initially,,his pace/shooting didn't improve much in game

Then slapped an engine,n he was definitely a better baller(dribbler n passer)
  • FlyingOkapis
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes..

BUT for things like passing and shooting, pace, dribbling and physical have to be combined with the right body type.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    33000 posts National Team Captain
    No chance.
  • HndL
    591 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes, in EA we trust
    (pay me with neyney in my next pack)
  • Wonderkiid
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jordonp wrote: »
    Bet everyone that says no has shadows on their CBS

I dont believe it works but I do have them on, yes
  • JGDC74
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2021
    Yes, they definitely work. But some are more noticeable than others. I’ve done a lot of experiments with them on a lot of different players. And sometimes the best one for a specific player is not always the most obvious.

With each player you need to decide if you want to boost the stats that are already good, or boost those where they are lacking.
  • Illini McG
    1100 posts Professional
    I bet if EA eliminated them everyone would cry. I am for base stats with no boosts.
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    Its not "believe" they do make a difference.

It has been tested, there was a video a few years ago that detailed each one and the difference was night and day
  • Tesco
    8317 posts League Winner
    Yes.

People just forget that the difference between 90 and 99 is less palpable than say 70 to 80 or 80 to 90.
  • ContraCode64
    4630 posts National Call-Up
    Who knows, but then a lot of people "felt" the difference on their non day 1 cards before chemgate and look how that went.
  • dylwms
    2553 posts Fans' Favourite
    They work but not to the extent they are claimed to have affect
  • Hitb1404
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pace ones works, they feel slightly faster but not +10 faster. Other stats like passing, defending... Really hard to tell
  • JayUnited9
    1324 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »

It has been tested, there was a video a few years ago that detailed each one and the difference was night and day

What video?
  • JGDC74
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hitb1404 wrote: »
    Pace ones works, they feel slightly faster but not +10 faster. Other stats like passing, defending... Really hard to tell

Test them on a player you know inside out. That player you use in every game. Then you’ll see.
  • Swanz05
    6070 posts Big Money Move
    Only anecdotal but tested FK accuracy on prime Lothar with & without maestro a couple of years ago & the +9 made a difference. I believe 😁

I remember this too. Think it was straight line speed over x metres tested with & without a pace card.
  • Mmandras
    6583 posts Big Money Move

Yeah, this. They do work. The problem is how much the boosted stats reflect on the game. You expect it to impact much more because of the huge boost, but they are not. Difference between 80 and 88 is only 10% increase - when there is delay, you will hardly notice it. Body type and animations play equally, if not more important role.
  • ICUP
    6969 posts Big Money Move
    #Bringbackattribute cards
  • AULERT
    1849 posts Play-Off Hero
    For anyone that has played friendlies for Icon swaps with and without shadow's on thier cb's will tell you the answer.

Yes they make a difference.
  • madlion
    3207 posts National Call-Up
    They work but not the advertised boost, I'd say half the boost is more realistic.

I tried Keane with a Hunter who has 97 pace, he wasn't faster than gold Mane off the bench with 93 pace
  • JGDC74
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    The body type and weight of a player is also a factor. If you don’t see any improvement with a Hunter then maybe it’s not suitable for that player.