My Match Making Tip

blue166
1453 posts Play-Off Hero
edited December 2021
When searching for a match do not allow it to search for more than 5-10 seconds.

The longer you leave it the further a field it will search for an opponent.

I will continue to test this more.

But basically if it passes 10 seconds and no opponent found back out and hit search again. Do this until an opponent is found in under 5 seconds.

Hopefully this will find you a local player.

The match making is broken currently and hopefully this will help.

Comments

• dazzlesnowy
    16 posts Last Pick at the Park
    [quote="blue166;d-616065"]When searching for a match do not allow it to search for more than 5-10 seconds.

But basically if it passes 10 seconds and no opponent found back out and hit search again. Do this until an opponent is found in under 5 seconds.

The match making is broken currently and hopefully this will help.[/quote]

0 opponents after searching 20 plus times. well done EA!
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    blue166 wrote: »
    When searching for a match do not allow it to search for more than 5-10 seconds.

The match making is broken currently and hopefully this will help.

0 opponents after searching 20 plus times. well done EA!

Where are you based?
  • dazzlesnowy
    singapore
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2021
    singapore

I would imagine you had traditionally had a longer wait than someone from UK or Europe.
  • dazzlesnowy
    nope. instant in fifa 20 and 21.
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2021
    nope. instant in fifa 20 and 21.

I see. Well all I can say is match making is definitely broken in 22.
  • Deni323
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    You play on old or current(ps5) gen?
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    Deni323 wrote: »
    You play on old or current(ps5) gen?
    Xbox Series X here.
  • dazzlesnowy
    [quote="blue166;c-10940935"][quote="dazzlesnowy;c-10940824"]nope. instant in fifa 20 and 21.[/quote]

I see. Well all I can say is match making is definitely broken in 22.[/quote]

question is how can EA be allowed to sell a game which cannot be played
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    Has anyone else tried my suggestion above?
  • Brydobhoy88
    361 posts Sunday League Hero

When does the game ever find an opponent within 10 seconds? Unless you are using 5 starts constantly.
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero

When does the game ever find an opponent within 10 seconds? Unless you are using 5 starts constantly.

Well that's the majority of players I'm afraid to say.

Is it any suprise?
  • dazzlesnowy
    is there any solution yet? i am becoming suicidal and maniacal from having to press search opponents 826 times before they find someone for me to play
  • dazzlesnowy
    i have troubelshooted why it is so difficult to find opponents on FIFA seasons mode. many cowards only use 5 star teams like PSG, Real Madrid, Liverpool. I only use 4/4.5 stars. in previous FIFA this was no problem because i could match with Chelsea, Man United (lots of people use these 2 teams too). However, because Chelsea acquired Lukaku and Man United acquired cr7, their stats have shot up. meaning that normal 4/4.5 star teams cannot be matched with these 2 teams. this is causing a significant jam in wait time. on fifa 21, i used celta vigo, sampdoria, wolfsburg - bam chelsea / man united. fifa 22, no way. this is nuts becuase the stats difference is about 15 points between man u chelsea and these 4/4.5 star teams. Yet EA has no problems with matching me using RB leipzig (238 points) with Mallorca (223 points). 15 points difference too!

conclusion is that the people in charge of the matchmaking algorithm should be fired for gross incompetence. following that these people should be hanged and shot because they are so incredibly stupid. they are people who probably do not even watch football and are not football fans. they have 0 understanding of football but are just employed by this scum company who does not give a toss about consumer experience. please, EA, do us a favour and euthanise these absolute matchmaking morons who are dumber than a plastic spoon.
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    FYI...

After 10-20 seconds it searches rest of the world. So don't wait. More chance of laggy game if you do do.

So if you are in UK 5-7 seconds should mostly be UK and near by EU

10-20 seconds N.America S.America Russia etc...

This the same for wherever you live.
  • dazzlesnowy
    i use benfica 4.5 stars and it takes me 20 minutes to find someone. can someone explain the logic of that to me? there are 12;000 people online. why havent the greedy ba5tards at EA done anything about this??
  • Good tip, Ill try that. Relatedly, why is the matchmaking so poor? What and why did they change it from past years, where now you cant get matched against a team of similar rating? We used to love playing with four star teams, but now we never do bc you can bet the house we're not rolling Sweden out there against PSG or Liverpool or Man city, which makes up 98% of the opponents we face. Its a simple macro: if team A picks four star team, team B = within one star of team A. Not that hard.

Whats ironic is now bc of this matchmaking glitch, no one plays with a four star team bc they dont want to get whooped by a five star team, so theres an even smaller chance we find a four star team to match up against. Awful.