1254 posts Professional
Especially Sule, is he usable in the corner trick with his terrible jumping? :#

Comments

• Riotiga
    1254 posts Professional
    Bump
  • Hitb1404
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    To be honest i dont see difference between all la liga cbs. It depends too much on your right stick switching skills.maybe kimpembe is a little bit op. Only attackers make difference imo
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2021
    Sule is, sadly, a liability on corners and crosses! I was going to make a new topic but this one will do.

He already cost me games in rivals. Hi just stands and players out jump him like he's not even there. Honestly, if I knew this I probably wouldn't do it. Card design is nice, upgrade is possible, but I don't know if I can play without jumping. Anyone in higher divisions with Sule NIF? Should I be worried?

Pique is just 1cm shorter and has outstanding jump so it's not the height, it's the card disability just like if he head 40 stamina. I'm worried if people see it on the loading screen and decide to exploit it. If they are even decent at crosses, corners and headers...

Just look at other tall CBs like IF Mings, he also have very decent jumping.
  • RonnyDinhoLeGoat
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pique is great. Definitely can play out the back with good passing. Tall. Can actually jump. Scored 7 headers and 1 bike with him on corners. His medium defensive work-rate isnt even noticeable. I run him and Numbers Militao and they both play great together
  • Riotiga
    1254 posts Professional
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Sule is, sadly, a liability on corners and crosses! I was going to make a new topic but this one will do.

He already cost me games in rivals. Hi just stands and players out jump him like he's not even there. Honestly, if I knew this I probably wouldn't do it. Card design is nice, upgrade is possible, but I don't know if I can play without jumping. Anyone in higher divisions with Sule NIF? Should I be worried?

Pique is just 1cm shorter and has outstanding jump so it's not the height, it's the card disability just like if he head 40 stamina. I'm worried if people see it on the loading screen and decide to exploit it. If they are even decent at crosses, corners and headers...

Just look at other tall CBs like IF Mings, he also have very decent jumping.

Ouch, I was meaning to link him with my untradeable IF Goretzka but I guess he'll have to remain be my supersub. How's Pique btw, did you do him as well?
  • Riotiga
    1254 posts Professional
    Pique is great. Definitely can play out the back with good passing. Tall. Can actually jump. Scored 7 headers and 1 bike with him on corners. His medium defensive work-rate isnt even noticeable. I run him and Numbers Militao and they both play great together

Tempting but his upgrade looks so unlikely I'm having a second thought about doing him
  • john_d_efc
    2903 posts National Call-Up
    Riotiga wrote: »

Tempting but his upgrade looks so unlikely I'm having a second thought about doing him

The way I'd look at these showdown cards is, will they get another upgrade from another special card like it currently is? are there better options for the price
  • Kloral
    4312 posts National Call-Up
    Pique is very good so far for me. Im running his next to FB Chielini.

He has noticeably good balance and agility, he is fast enough, fantastic standing tackle and wins most headers. His passing is also top notch.

His recovery to me felt slow though. For example, if you miss a tackle I find he takes a little longer to recover and get back. Chielini on the other hand is lightning.

I'm glad I did him regardless of the upgrade. I always enjoy using players I enjoy rather than meta and I still manage r2 wl d1 (should be elite if I can find the time!)
  • Riotiga
    1254 posts Professional
    john_d_efc wrote: »
    Riotiga wrote: »

The way I'd look at these showdown cards is, will they get another upgrade from another special card like it currently is? are there better options for the price

Yeah his showdown upgrade is crazy already and he most likely wont get another. I think I'll do him tonight if nothing else interesting comes out.
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pique is crazy good. Using him with OTW Alaba and hardly any attacker gets past those both. Might even sell my Adiadas Miltao .. Hes THAT good
  • Dannyiddo
    56 posts Park Captain
    I have Klostermann and (believe it or not) Kohler. They never let me down.

I’ve been shocked by how good Kohler is and how cheap he is. All because of his seemingly low pace. He seems much faster in game and I honestly don’t think pace is so important for CBs in this meta. Defenders always drop so deep anyway, it’s very rare I get caught out in behind.

Tempted to go for Pique as his stats look great and he fits my team. But I am not sure I want to break my solid Klostermann/Kohler paternership. I’m elite, if that matters.
  • Poly1979
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dannyiddo wrote: »
    I have Klostermann and (believe it or not) Kohler. They never let me down.

I’ve been shocked by how good Kohler is and how cheap he is. All because of his seemingly low pace. He seems much faster in game and I honestly don’t think pace is so important for CBs in this meta. Defenders always drop so deep anyway, it’s very rare I get caught out in behind.

Tempted to go for Pique as his stats look great and he fits my team. But I am not sure I want to break my solid Klostermann/Kohler paternership. I’m elite, if that matters.

Kohler indeed is a beast, but still got replased by Sule in my team. Sule is bossing the box and his sliding tackles are furosious. Even with the low jumping incoming high balls are his to clear. Happy I did him. Need to admit that Pique has the better stats.
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    suprised at Kohler too using him in my BL team with Sule very good partnership so EA when are we getting another RB lol
  • YidArmy
    2433 posts Fans' Favourite
    My view on Sule is that he's fantastic. Absolutely huge in game with enough pace to catch up to quick attackers. His reach to block shots and intercept passes is the best I've used this year. Next to Klostermann they make a great partnership.
  • xCDHx
    1345 posts Professional
    Agility is really important and Pique looks pretty decent as has 74.

I had Rudiger RB and he was way too stiff to move.
  • john_d_efc
    2903 posts National Call-Up
    xCDHx wrote: »

Not sure I agree, Desailly has low agility and his jockey speed is quality.

Plus im pretty sure it's defensive awareness that determines jockey speed
  • radhoyl
    2713 posts Fans' Favourite
    xCDHx wrote: »

Pique is solid. The blocking AI remind of Flashback Joe Gomez or Showdown Thiago Silva in Fifa21