What's your engagement with FUT compared to your most active year?

Absting159
8024 posts Moderator
I'm just trying to think back to when I used to enjoy the game so much I didn't play other games, tried to be available for WL as often as I could, I was obsessively trading or playing for rewards. . .compared to now.

Maybe I'm getting older.
Maybe I don't like the gameplay as much.
Maybe there's just too much content it's made what's there less valuable? (I've never enjoyed promo after promo. . .I liked when TOTW's meant something.
Lots of things could play into it, but I'm curious if I'm the only one that's playing significantly less than other years where I felt I enjoyed it more.

So rate this year compared to back when you feel you were the most addicted to FUT.
1 is much less.
5 is as much as when I was addicted the worst.

What's your engagement with FUT compared to your most active year? 90 votes

1 - Barely playing
20%
LFC Simon 98Oliver PowellP1stolpete187TheBaldyBuddhaRichardUlook92PalacePinterAntparry92AzofDave HockadayTornado31619SupaNoodle1990McCleanHarj96YellowjellyFrankFrankRebelRobIan_Freeman 18 votes
2 - Playing but much less
37%
UM4RRadioShaqOllemanLegend KillerCR7>007Bozza88chaser2k15FifaProDKKloralPughy30DustarvAbsting159Sandell85PirateWRafael89lad33WattaguntSpillarenColeWorldBanterMarc11 34 votes
3 - Less, but still more than I probably should.
22%
DascoOoSUPERDANoOHicksy2011SmudgeJoresOkore5Muzza11itzPatA7XNoToHullTigerslibertaoUgriRandom JimmyJarigunnerSeñorCatflapFinesse_4daysjmaurizioThefranchise92ScutchAjaxLegendsOTALDOPEDROGOMESEsu 20 votes
4 - I'm definately still addicted, but its better now.
6%
DiggyMaverickIan_Ando08number7rockyDanic123GoonerJoe88 6 votes
5 - I'm as addicted as I've ever been.
13%
AckerJJha032742OrisonWFCBagnallGohomeSam93BcfcDale88sheckLonMr_footballer1JackwcmurazorrJovand1988 12 votes

Comments

• 5 - I'm as addicted as I've ever been.
    Not much to do Monday-Thursday and yet we are all there at 6pm like clockwork.
  • Absting159
    8024 posts Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Orison wrote: »

I miss half of the releases nowadays, lol. I log on like 2 times a week to randomly check, change my team up, do a few sbc packs, then I play the game, remember how bad and not fun 5-5 games are, and log off for another week.
    Absting159 wrote: »

I miss half of the releases nowadays, lol. I log on like 2 times a week to randomly check, change my team up, do a few sbc packs, then I play the game and log off for another week.

For me this year is like a holiday. WL super chill, rivals super chill. You can just pick up the game and play some games. I like it.
  • RadioShaq
    19689 posts Moderator
    Last year was probably my most played. I liked the friendlies.

I get that a lot wanted to get back to the competitive modes with gg but silvers made no sense to me. We always ask for silvers and bronze to be useful but even those people quit with gg. I just don’t play friendlies this year not worth the hassle and I had almost every card from it last year.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    1 - Barely playing
    Used to be online everyday after work guarenteed, now it’s once a week, twice at most.

I still enjoy it but as I’ve got older I can’t be bothered with it most nights.
  • WFCBagnall
    94763 posts Moderator
    Hi, my name is Jack and I'm an addict.
  • Smudge
    5353 posts Big Money Move
    3 - Less, but still more than I probably should.

I miss half of the releases nowadays, lol. I log on like 2 times a week to randomly check, change my team up, do a few sbc packs, then I play the game and log off for another week.

For me this year is like a holiday. WL super chill, rivals super chill. You can just pick up the game and play some games. I like it.

Spot on but I racked up at least 2000 games on 14 and 15 and I know I'm not making it to TOTS this year
    Smudge wrote: »

Spot on but I racked up at least 2000 games on 14 and 15 and I know I'm not making it to TOTS this year

Due to the sheer amount of friendlies (and golden goal) last year was probably my most played.
  • Danic123
    4617 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2021
    About same as last year to this stage.

Interesting to see how quickly I get bored this year. This is the first year I’m regularly doing the WL as you only need 8 wins for half decent rewards & it’s easily doable. Only need to win 7 games in rivals & then the playoffs. Throw in some squad battles to fill in & it’s rewards central with hardly any effort at all.

Talking about just over 30 games a week. With half at least not lasting past 45mins.

In previous years it was about 30 games on a weekend if I wanted good rewards just from that.
  • Absting159
    8024 posts Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Pretty even, which is to be expected I think. Last year I quit before Thanksgiving - but I also had about 500 more games by this point too. I literally just completed my 500 goal/assist things a few days ago - thats how little game time I've played.

I'm at 301 total games played. . . how many of those did I play the full game? Maybe 50% - either I leave because of terrible connection/frustration or my opponent does.

Year after year, I have the thread I start and this is a good example. . . as a whole the people who usually come back that thread year after year are much less active overall as well.

FIFA 22 - Page as of Dec 2 | 44.
    FIFA 20 - Page as of Dec 2 | 98.
    Post edited by Absting159 on
  • Ulook92
    22267 posts Club Captain
    1 - Barely playing
    I am unfortunately still hooked to this steaming pile of dross. Have been since FIFA 98. But since maybe FIFA 15 i have gradually played less and less. Partly because of work and family limiting it to a couple hours a day at the most. Mainly because the game gets worse every Year and the people playing it get worse every day.
  • Kloral
    4312 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa 13 was peak for me, I must have played 3000 games. Since then it's less and less. Last year was maybe 400 but I'm enjoying this one much more, currently have around 250 games.
  • Maverick
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't think these are a fair representation of determining if the game got better or worse.

Since the start of FUT, we've all been aging and maturing and while video games will still be apart of our lives to some extent (maybe not depending on who you are), engagement will probably drop just as a natural result of life.
  • Mr_footballer1
    3482 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2021
    Game is a million times better these days, if they could just get the gameplay consistent, sort a few daft things like you not getting the win when your opponent backs out on a draw and cut down on the massive amount of rip off gamble sbcs, the game would be in an awesome place
  • BcfcDale88
    7191 posts League Winner
    Going for 5 as I’ve played a hell of a lot due to the Mrs being in hospital a lot of the time been a mental break of a night time away from the kids
  • Antparry92
    20844 posts Club Captain
    1 - Barely playing
    Barely play. Even before having twins my playtime was down a lot compared to previous years. Skyrim, Pokémon and Warzone just taking up my time instead of FIFA
  • FrankFrank
    8983 posts League Winner
    1 - Barely playing
    Used to be online everyday after work guarenteed, now it’s once a week, twice at most.

• Olleman
    14918 posts World Class
    Not compareable for me. I kinda miss being that hooked tho haha. But the lack of ”competetivnes” this year has killed the addiction for me :) Not complaining tho, this is the perfect year to back off a bit :)
  • Ulook92
    22267 posts Club Captain
    1 - Barely playing
    @Antparry92 do you play GBC/GBA?
  • RoosGianni
    8094 posts League Winner
    edited December 2021
    I’ve been playing a lot less this year.

WL feels empty this year and there isn’t really a goal to achieve. The rewards are way better though.

Rivals just feels like a borefest. Been enjoying coop, but haven’t been able to play a lot due work.

The excitement of playing FIFA fades away a bit more and more every year.

I still buy it because it’s good fun with mates, but I don’t feel the same as FIFA17/18.

I play my WL and that’s it.

Mostly logging on to do sbc’s during the week.
  • Antparry92
    20844 posts Club Captain
    1 - Barely playing
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    @Antparry92 do you play GBC/GBA?
    I do. Even got my N64 set up as well. Got the little fella a switch for Xmas so gave it a test run and a set up and I know I’ll be stuck on it more than him :joy:
  • Absting159
    8024 posts Moderator
    Maverick wrote: »
    I don't think these are a fair representation of determining if the game got better or worse.

Since the start of FUT, we've all been aging and maturing and while video games will still be apart of our lives to some extent (maybe not depending on who you are), engagement will probably drop just as a natural result of life.

"It's better now" - is referring to your addiction. LOL. The game is not fun, IMO.
  • P1stolpete187
    6460 posts Big Money Move
    1 - Barely playing
    I’ve got more time to play now than I have over the last 5 years or so but I play far less than I ever have done.
  • I miss vote for “i play more and i am not addicted”

Fifa22 dr and wl system is best.
  • McClean
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    1 - Barely playing
    Don't think I've played since they removed generations :D