Offtopic: Which Monitor for FIFA?

Ugri
12515 posts Has That Special Something
edited December 2021
Off topic BUT Fifa related :smile:

I can get a new screen via my employer (of course for work but which one would be better for fifa - in free time ofc boss :lol: )

32" 4K screen - Philips 329P1H

or

34" Ultrawide 1440P - Philips 346B1C

Both are 4ms if i have seen correctly but 1ms is surely only really relative for shooters and face paced simulators right? Have always played FUT on a 42 inch Samsung tv...so upgrade either way :blush:

These are the 2 i can choose from, thx for your vote and opinions in advance :wink: If you have used either or both even better o:)

Offtopic: Which Monitor for FIFA? 4 votes

32" 4K screen - Philips 329P1H
25%
Thefranchise92 1 vote
34" Ultrawide 1440P - Philips 346B1C
75%
JJha032742ccooaattssyy 3 votes

Comments

  • ha032742
    47806 posts Moderator
    34" Ultrawide 1440P - Philips 346B1C
    The 34” will probably be better for gaming as its 100Hz compared to the capped 60Hz of the 4K screen.

    For work purposes the 4K screen will be better as it’s IPS (the other one is VA), not curved and if you watch 4K videos etc. it’s a no brainer.
  • Ugri
    12515 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2021
    ha032742 wrote: »
    The 34” will probably be better for gaming as its 100Hz compared to the capped 60Hz of the 4K screen.

    For work purposes the 4K screen will be better as it’s IPS (the other one is VA), not curved and if you watch 4K videos etc. it’s a no brainer.

    Thanks! So its the Hrtz refresh rate is more important for gaming than how many ms (4 vs1) it is right? Sorry but im a noob at this :wink: Also i wish i could watch 4K videos but never has a screen for it...My tv and current screen both only Full HD
  • ha032742
    47806 posts Moderator
    edited December 2021
    34" Ultrawide 1440P - Philips 346B1C
    Ugri wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    The 34” will probably be better for gaming as its 100Hz compared to the capped 60Hz of the 4K screen.

    For work purposes the 4K screen will be better as it’s IPS (the other one is VA), not curved and if you watch 4K videos etc. it’s a no brainer.

    Thanks! So its the Hrtz refresh rate is more important for gaming than how many ms (4 vs1) it is right? Sorry but im a noob at this :wink: Also i wish i could watch 4K videos but never has a screen for it...My tv and current screen both only Full HD

    Response time is important too but you probably won’t notice any difference between 4ms v 1ms unless you are superhuman. Gameplay will look smoother in some games which support a higher refresh rate.
  • ha032742
    47806 posts Moderator
    34" Ultrawide 1440P - Philips 346B1C
    Also no chance your boss will allow you to choose a different screen?
  • Ugri
    12515 posts Has That Special Something
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Also no chance your boss will allow you to choose a different screen?

    This is already stretching it trust me :lol: Other options are a 27" full HD or a43" 4K monitor but thats only for SW developers which im not so :wink: Ill take what i can get, thanks! Its "standard" choice from the 4 depending on job type..
Sign In or Register to comment.