I held off on the Chiellini SBC so far - it is worth doing?

Kove
4847 posts Big Money Move
edited December 2021
Is he actually a decent option in game?

The Donnarumma soft link looks good and I run a Serie A squad but I don't really want expensive fodder for no reason - on paper he only looks on par with the other CBs.

Comments

• Riotiga
    1286 posts Professional
    Yes. Very solid CB.
  • Kove
    Riotiga wrote: »
    Yes. Very solid CB.

Well that is heartening
  • SuperJames9005
    2594 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very good.
  • Diem
    1017 posts Professional
    I packed the discard promo card so am weighing up him or Benzema (or just cashing in)...
  • strings79
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    Plays better than RTTF De LIgt for me just seems to come away with the ball in every tackle.
  • Scu11duggery
    2046 posts Fans' Favourite
    I only done him because I'm a Juve fan.

He's very good. One thing I've noticed (and it may just be his higher pace as I've not used an 80+ pace CB yet this year) is that he seems to be really aggressive if you use PAPL. Found myself getting caught out in the first couple of games with counters more than when I had Nesta. I've got used to him now and it hasn't happened since.

My opinion probably doesn't carry much weight though as he replaced Nesta and any drawbacks most of the community would have with him would be worse with Nesta. 😂
  • Lackosweat
    10970 posts Has That Special Something
    Idk man. I had high hopes for that card but it was nothing special. Apart from passing, NIF Skriniar is just a solid defensively as Chiellini.
  • Avit32
    1220 posts Professional
    I really like him. Solid cb great tackling and positioning he always seems to come away with the ball. I’ve not used ss skriniar so I can’t compare but I’m very glad I did him.
  • Kove
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Idk man. I had high hopes for that card but it was nothing special. Apart from passing, NIF Skriniar is just a solid defensively as Chiellini.

This is kind of what I am worried about. Good but only as good or slightly worse than other options. You're basically paying for the Donnarumma link it seems.
  • joehuk
    7352 posts League Winner
    I'm in two minds of doing him or wait to see how de ligt looks

Packed cordobra in my hero pack so tempted to go back to a serieA backline somehow fitting atal in (love this card) lol
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    Stats wise, nothing I can see can justify that price of SBC. Card design is interesting, and you're basically paying 120k in fodder, just for looking at that custom design.

The problem is, there will soon be better cards, with higher pace or defending stats. My untradable Koulibaly - with unique body that looks huge, and custom animation, looks just as good, if not even better in some categories (sprint speed, strenght).