Squad battles worse than before

Kendogg89
36 posts Park Captain
I didn't see anything in patch notes about changes to Squad Battles but they are harder than ever. Just lost 4-0 against a 61 rated team with 23 chem on ultimate. Those games I would typlically score 8-10 goals and would give up 1 goal at most.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Comments

• RonnyDinhoLeGoat
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Playing on Legendary has become a chore i’ll tell you that much. Grinding out a win is frustrating. doable. But so frustrating when the AI just does so much BS stuff you cant lol
  • Kendogg89
    36 posts Park Captain
    I don't get why they put stats on cards, having a 46 pace player outrun Sterling just makes no sense. It didn't use to be that way.

With so much delay in rivals and friendlies and now this, how do I have fun playing this game?
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    Played a game yesterday on professional difficulty and a 83 rated La Liga team was moving in a super sonic speed that made my team looking like snails, something was clearly wrong as I couldn’t tackle them or form an attack , I had enough and quit after 20-25 in game minutes!
  • Kendogg89
    36 posts Park Captain
    This is the crap I deal with now

• Hate squad battles. I want to complete the milestones and I can’t bring myself to playing it. I rather go online with 7 useless players and take my chances against Mbappe and Neymar than putting myself through that.
  • torakun
    2701 posts National Call-Up
    Here's the thing about squad battle that currently making me very lazy to boot up the game despite owning 89 Eusebio, salah and other decent meta cards...

Stop making my players in the mud and basically reduce their stats severely into bronze cards level.

I don't care if you want to make the CPU bronze players plays like 99 rated cards, but at least give me a fair chance to beat them using my own players at their exact stats, not making mine bronze card and the cpu on 99 rated.

What a BS

🤮
  • JGCramp
    1389 posts Professional
    Are you all kidding me? I just played a great match! I was called for 3 penalties (never slid in the box once). The silver CPU keeper on 4 chem made 16 world class saves (does timed finishing even matter in this game?). The CPU went the entire match without fouling, as per usual. But, yeah, like was stated previously, my issue isn't that the CPU teams all play like icons; it's that my own players don't play to their card stats.

Does anyone remember when squad battles was first introduced several years ago, EA said the point was to make an offline game mode that was more dynamic than seasons with CPU teams that had varied playing styles? That was a gigantic load of BS.

It mostly stinks for me because I don't enjoy playing online since they moved to the esports model and playing against my friends is only in friendlies now, which I boring. So that mostly leaves me to squad battles, which is just awful to play. They are so caught up in the competitive e-sports stuff that they disregard the fact that an offline mode should just be fun.

BTW, I've now packed Ronaldo as many times this year as I've been awarded a free kick in scoring range during squad battles.
  • Wi1son73
    3978 posts National Call-Up
    Kendogg89 wrote: »
    This is the crap I deal with now

That pretty much sums up my games…. Weird/glitchy animations
  • torakun wrote: »
    Here's the thing about squad battle that currently making me very lazy to boot up the game despite owning 89 Eusebio, salah and other decent meta cards...

Stop making my players in the mud and basically reduce their stats severely into bronze cards level.

I don't care if you want to make the CPU bronze players plays like 99 rated cards, but at least give me a fair chance to beat them using my own players at their exact stats, not making mine bronze card and the cpu on 99 rated.

What a BS

🤮

Agree with this completely mate and it echos my exact words when ever I play SB on Legendary! ( I’ve not ever attempted ultimate this year!). Such a lazy way of producing a game with difficulty tiers. WC seems ok with stats, my team usually perform as expected but anything higher then BOSH! Suddenly my high rated players are docked stats massively and the opponents are super enhanced making the game just no fun at all and makes all the time spent making a decent side, doing objectives and SBCs etc pointless!
  • arcturuz
    18 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i play squad battles to elite 1 every week, and the amount of AI ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I have to deal with is crazy.

all my matches are on world class with the a few legendary if the squad is weak.

it's the most frustrating thing to play, all your passes gets intercepted, all your receivers get tackled cleanly instantly, shots blocked, saved or hit the post/crossbar. it's just utter ridiculous and the AI will just do ping pong passes at the speed of 1000km/h ending with an instant first time topbin shot into your goal which there's no way you can defend.

• lastfifa
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    Lost 3-0 against professional last night. Thats was my third defeat this year. Think they adjusted some sliders to make casuals sweat over milestone players.
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    Yes is part of the frustration. When you play SB this year it makes you understand why people abuse certain things in the game…Long through balls, scoring from impossible angles and nonstop skill moves…It is worse when you’re trying to complete objectives and the ai playing drop back blocking every shot, 56 rated keepers turn to super hero…I also played a bronze team with every player out of position and opponent got NIF timo Werner in goal, he was man of the match.. just could not score outside the box against him.
  • Martinsen
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Squad battles is my favourite game mode, dont consider it any more frustrating than online