Speed is king

jplumber
2078 posts Fans' Favourite
edited November 25
Dear all,
I was in div 1 heading towards elite last season; now I’m stuck just before promotion to div 2. I win two matches, then lose the promotion match and the match after - back to square one. For me every match is the same- lighting fast ping passes, aggressive use of pressure, auto interceptions. He who has the faster reactions and presses a button combination sooner wins, usually after a loose ball and fast driven pass to a striker. It’s so frustrating and boring, I wonder how it has come to this after the relatively slow gameplay of the first few weeks, which I really enjoyed. I’m playing the ps5 version, by the way.

Comments

• The kids want fast paced arcade style basketball matches unfortunately mate. The pes style slow gameplay was never going to last.
    I'm crying out for a good old fashioned 0-0 draw. Some of the most enjoyable games I had when I crossed over to pes 20 and 21 were 0-0 draws. Unfortunately Konami have messed up big time with efootball.
  • Davy001
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So true
  • Irishlion_04
    89 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA had it slowed down the first week or two and it was absolutely beautiful. Needed some tuning but it was the best gameplay in years. Now it’s ping pong trash again. Hopefully PES or someone gets themselves together and gives us a realistic football game.
  • abhreebhu_45
    7878 posts League Winner
    I remember using nif hummels early on,,was real good ,,now anyone below 75 pace is unusable
  • Joka2002
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    1st week I saw lukakus everywhere, always out muscled my defence. Now it's just small pacey rats
  • TequilaGaming
    16 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Playing in the elite division atm and everybody is playing with the boring neymar, mbappe, kante combination again like last year. I think people just do anything to get a win. Fun doesn't matter anymore.
  • Safckje
    511 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It definitely is. I’ve gone from using potm benzema for 300 games to red vini who seems to be the best striker in the game.
  • BadSeedsFC
    1826 posts Play-Off Hero
    The gameplay during the first couple of weeks was a thing of beauty. It was a complete different game. Now it's pace fest all over again. But well, I guess that we have to adapt.

And beware, pace merchants claiming that realistic gameplay in 12 minutes matches is not fun are coming here in 3, 2, 1...
  • Yep pace all over for me once I buy my team this weekend
  • If you can’t beat them join them
  • Even if my Lukaku OTW got to 99 card he still won’t be as good as Sterling...

Body type etc
  • Mike_Lowrey
    1114 posts Professional
    Safckje wrote: »
    It definitely is. I’ve gone from using potm benzema for 300 games to red vini who seems to be the best striker in the game.

100%, gone from IF Kane / POTM Benzema to Son at ST and it's working great
  • La_Lupa
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I don't think the speed of the game changed at all , the case was that keepers were saving almost everything so you had to have a good finisher up top . after patching GKs you could get away with using pacey wingers as strikers
  • Moxon
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Mid Petit was amazing at the start of the game. I sold him to make coins and then the SBC came out some completed it as soon as I saw it. It turns out that only 2 month after release mid Petit is now half the player he was, and some games he verges on being useless.

They have completely ruined the game through patches.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6863 posts Big Money Move
    I agree it was great in the first 2 weeks, but we knew it wasn’t meant to last…
  • Moxon wrote: »
    Mid Petit was amazing at the start of the game. I sold him to make coins and then the SBC came out some completed it as soon as I saw it. It turns out that only 2 month after release mid Petit is now half the player he was, and some games he verges on being useless.

They have completely ruined the game through patches.

EA could argue they re giving the playerbase what they want though moxey mate. All these kids want arcade style cricket scorelines. It must be what shifts the fifa points pal.
  • Moxon
    16 posts Ball Boy
    > @Robertjames86 said:
    > EA could argue they re giving the playerbase what they want though moxey mate. All these kids want arcade style cricket scorelines. It must be what shifts the fifa points pal.

Well If people want Cricket Scores, there was a video game called "Cricket 22" released last month. Those people should play that.