Anyone else feel like they are forced to quit playing fifa because of the input lag issues?

4dvz
1142 posts Professional
I have quitted most of my matches after a couple of minutes lately, because I just cant take this input lag experience anymore, I just cant.

This game is completely unplayable online, even though I have every detail of my connection catered just for this game.

I have written a ton of posts to EA Technical issues but it seems just as useless as writing this thread. Dont know what to do here. I dont care about winning, its not about that. I just cant keep on wasting my time quitting all of my matches in the middle because of the fact that the gameplay is so horribly delayed.

Comments

• Phodri
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2021
    Its not just input lag anymore, we are way passed that.
    Players forget to receive passes, just goes past them, or bounces on their heels.
    Weird animations, or none at all.
    And ignoring inputs.... not just delay em..
  • Berlus
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    Horrible atm. No response from EA despite many many ppl making posts lately.
  • JGDC74
    1388 posts Professional
    Yes. In friendlies I usually quit within seconds. Totally unplayable.
    Rivals is ok for me though.
  • kim111
    64 posts Park Captain
    its unplayable !!!! no enjoy to play .
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2021
    I never quit a match on online FIFA intentionally until FIFA 22. I can't spend 15 minutes trying to battle through the online lag, the continuing auto drop back and the sheer amount of AI blocks.

EA have killed FIFA 22 for me. I try but switch it off again soon after.

The online match making as I keep saying is truly broken. UK here and I'd sooner EA didn't find me a game then pair me up against someone from USA or Mexico. It just doesn't work. Its choosing opponents from the other side of the Atlantic for me rather than a European neighbouring country. Or even better someone else from within the UK.

And the above is sometimes 8pm UK time. And it is still forcing me to play someone the others side of the world. I'm sure Europe is very awake still at 8pm UK time.
  • tworaf
    611 posts Semi-Pro
    FIFA GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS EFFORTS JULY 2019 UPDATE & TITLE UPDATE #15

"The second change is focused on reducing the amount of maximum buffer between when gameplay information is received by the game and when it is visually rendered on the screen. Previously the maximum buffer that was in place in these modes was slightly longer than it is for an offline match in FIFA, to ensure that there is a visual smoothness to gameplay despite the less predictable delivery times in an online match, due to network conditions that can vary through a match, than would be present in an offline match. In this title update, we have reduced this maximum buffer in the aforementioned modes to match the max buffer that is present in an offline match"

So this update was disabled after 4 days because people with unstable internet had so much speed up lag. ever since the game online uses a maximum buffer larger than offline games. So You will never experience any online match with the same gameplay offline. it doesnt matter what is your ping.

Until they give us the option to play with reduced buffer time, the delay to animations and players A.I will never go.
  • letaros
    13 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Last two weeks the game is a disgrace. I cant believe after so many years they cant fix the number one important thing of an online game : responsiveness. To add to this, NON USED players are also affected by not making movements or making several stupid things.

One question tho, whats the use of the ping meter, when me in Greece play all the time 48 to 52 ping and that has nothing to do with what i will face ingame, and my English friend who plays with 10 ping, has exactly the same responsiveness issues? Are you joking EA?

The game when played as it should is amazing, and FUT is a fantastic mode, but whats the point when in 80% of my matches delay ruins everything?

What a disgrace of an online game, p2w game, all those millions from packs, 2 seconds delay.

• Berlus
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2021
    tworaf wrote: »
    FIFA GAMEPLAY RESPONSIVENESS EFFORTS JULY 2019 UPDATE & TITLE UPDATE #15

"The second change is focused on reducing the amount of maximum buffer between when gameplay information is received by the game and when it is visually rendered on the screen. Previously the maximum buffer that was in place in these modes was slightly longer than it is for an offline match in FIFA, to ensure that there is a visual smoothness to gameplay despite the less predictable delivery times in an online match, due to network conditions that can vary through a match, than would be present in an offline match. In this title update, we have reduced this maximum buffer in the aforementioned modes to match the max buffer that is present in an offline match"

So this update was disabled after 4 days because people with unstable internet had so much speed up lag. ever since the game online uses a maximum buffer larger than offline games. So You will never experience any online match with the same gameplay offline. it doesnt matter what is your ping.

Until they give us the option to play with reduced buffer time, the delay to animations and players A.I will never go.

I think they have even further increased the buffer recently...in order to solve the second half stuttering problem.
  • Absolutely! Glad to see that it’s not just me. I have played this game since 2003 and finally have given it up due to the lag cheaters who cause input lag during online matches. It has become so that the only way you can play is if you partake in the cheating by acquiring a lag switch which is just pointless and non-competitive for those of us who are good at the game.
  • MrPinky
    552 posts An Exciting Prospect
  • His0ka
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ll keep saying this. But I’m not sure how EA get away with this year after year. Game has been in a constant TRASH state for a very long time. Whoever they have employed at EA need to go. They are absolute garbage.
  • Roobar
    1488 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea, after three weekend leagues in a row with unplayable games and the most ridiculous amount of weird passes and own goals I finally quit my way out of more than half my games and really think this might be it for Fifa 22 for me.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Yup. I quit a few weeks ago. It's just a waste of time and a charade. Losing to people because you are massively handicapped by connection is a really mentally negative and frustrating experience. The game generally wasn't functional for me 75% of the time apart from the single week where I suddenly seemed to connect to a different server at lower ping.
  • hartley152
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The crazy input lag definitely makes the game feel extra unrewarding, it's virtually impossible to play a normal game of football, in some ways I don't blame those bums that launch over the top through balls all game as thats the only effective way to play in this terrible delay.
  • Wz000
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    Absolutely! Glad to see that it’s not just me. I have played this game since 2003 and finally have given it up due to the lag cheaters who cause input lag during online matches. It has become so that the only way you can play is if you partake in the cheating by acquiring a lag switch which is just pointless and non-competitive for those of us who are good at the game.

This can’t even play the game anymore because it’s full of cheats. Been playing for the last 6 years and this is it. No way to compete with these guys if you aren’t also lag switching, but at that point why not just play squad battles. Im done.
  • bigpokey24
    5753 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 26
    4dvz wrote: »
    I have quitted most of my matches after a couple of minutes lately, because I just cant take this input lag experience anymore, I just cant.

This game is completely unplayable online, even though I have every detail of my connection catered just for this game.

I have written a ton of posts to EA Technical issues but it seems just as useless as writing this thread. Dont know what to do here. I dont care about winning, its not about that. I just cant keep on wasting my time quitting all of my matches in the middle because of the fact that the gameplay is so horribly delayed.

try changing your network connection to type one, and then change your DNS to that of google or Cloudflare . Whatever defaults you have is not as good as google, since they have servers everywhere. I changed mine to 8.8.8.8 and this has helped a lot
  • 4dvz
    1142 posts Professional
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    4dvz wrote: »

try changing your network connection to type one, and then change your DNS to that of google or Cloudflare . Whatever defaults you have is not as good as google, since they have servers everywhere. I changed mine to 8.8.8.8 and this has helped a lot

Thank you for the tip, but could you please explain a bit more about this. By type one do you mean the NAT type or something else? How do i change my dns?