If you get gifted win in Wl do you

Mdm
5120 posts Big Money Move
Gave away 5-6 wins not one thanks. If I get one always give thanks. What do you do

If you get gifted win in Wl do you 194 votes

Say thanks
68%
Gale420Retro1989Orisonapfelmus_maCHer1Boysie91P1stolpete187Legend KillerHumma78Scu11duggeryTescoMr. SoperFifaProDKBrunoTommyLabsLiamoooTylermkeySandell85d-Leon307-bRunawaysnumber7rocky 133 votes
Don't say thanks
25%
mapehA5BShaanxzArron xoxDiddymowXxNevermindxXCarson_92VanNostrilboyJayUnited9SkyBlueSteveLackosweatPaularbearFozberryPranavDouble_DTubpacEndlesswar1985ICUPSeandimesEl_Nino 50 votes
Is that why they score own goal then quit
3%
DiggytworafGrubkukuchev711FfhhrmoxonIraqBruin 7 votes
Thanks what is this word
2%
NurDerHSV_Drobo Mike_Lowreyi2-TempZ-2i12346789 4 votes

Comments

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2021
    Say thanks
    😂

I wanted to hit what is this word. But I say thanks
  • A5B
    3819 posts National Call-Up
    Don't say thanks
    Never been gifted a win in WL (must play my games too early) but I turned messages off years ago. Don’t send and don’t receive.
  • SteveieB123
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Catch the user name and give them a big up on Futbin
  • P1stolpete187
    6538 posts Big Money Move
    Say thanks
    My first WL this fifa and second game my opponent scored an own goal then quit, I tried messaging him to say thanks but he had blocked messages.
  • Mdm
    Say thanks
    Dasco wrote: »
    I don't really expect thanks. In most cases, we're quitting for our own benefit anyways. Only takes another few seconds to score the OG.

I'm sure people are grateful regardless of whether they choose to send a 'thank you' message

Out of interest

Do you not say sorry also when at fault

Or are you never in the wrong

Serious question not baiting
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7958 posts League Winner
    Thanks what is this word
    I've had all messages and friend requests blocked for years and ill never turn them back on, i don't expect a thanks when i give away my wins and i don't give one when i get a win either
  • Dasco
    6778 posts Big Money Move
    Mdm wrote: »
    I don't really expect thanks. In most cases, we're quitting for our own benefit anyways. Only takes another few seconds to score the OG.

I'm sure people are grateful regardless of whether they choose to send a 'thank you' message

Out of interest

I think I have once in 13 years :lol: and once in return. Honestly, it's incredibly rare for me to message an opponent unless I've had one back. (I did message people in the first few weeks this year saying thanks)

I definitely acknowledge fluky goals and the sort though to myself, I'm not so deluded to the point that I'm screaming "let's go boiiiiiiis" when I score a rebound.
  • Mdm
    Say thanks
    I've had all messages and friend requests blocked for years and ill never turn them back on, i don't expect a thanks when i give away my wins and i don't give one when i get a win either

Out of interest

I think I have once in 13 years :lol: and once in return. Honestly, it's incredibly rare for me to message an opponent unless I've had one back. (I did message people in the first few weeks this year saying thanks)

I definitely acknowledge fluky goals and the sort though to myself, I'm not so deluded to the point that I'm screaming "let's go boiiiiiiis" when I score a rebound.

Very interesting to hear these points.

Horses for courses I guess

I appreciate honesty
  • [quote="Mdm;c-10887270"][quote="Dasco;c-10887266"]I don't really expect thanks. In most cases, we're quitting for our own benefit anyways. Only takes another few seconds to score the OG.

I'm sure people are grateful regardless of whether they choose to send a 'thank you' message[/quote]

Out of interest

Serious question not baiting[/quote]
    A lot of people would appreciate it and just don’t have the time to reply, Some people have lives and a couple quick games is the only way.
  • Don't say thanks
    I give away wins and receive them sometimes, don't need a message
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2021
    Is that why they score own goal then quit
    I don’t actually do anything, I just move on to the next game, but I thought this was the most amusing answer.
  • Double_D
    1021 posts Professional
    Don't say thanks
    I don’t use messages. Not going through the hassle of enabling them just to say thanks. I don’t expect a thanks when I gift a win. I feel like it’s a pretty universally appreciated thing by the receiving party.
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Say thanks
    M taking time to find the gamertag n thanking them

I played few guys who quit straightaway, so these gifters definitely deserve our thanx
  • Jackwc
    2305 posts Fans' Favourite
    I always always message them some love hearts. Every now and then someone will just quit straight away which annoys me 🤣🤣
  • Altho I've given mine up once I've inevitably failed to qualify I have only ever received 2 one was my first playoffs win (yes I'm that bad) and other time they just scored own goal before me. I sent both messages, the 2nd guy and I were laughing as we had both neither ever qualified and were just gifting wins
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    Don't say thanks
    I don't use messages at all (only with friends but extremly rare), but I was gifted 1 win this WL and gave exactly 1 win away also. I would give more but that's all I had to spare after 8 very sweaty wins.
  • Shemson
    820 posts Semi-Pro
    Don't say thanks
    Don’t feel bad if you don’t receive a thank you, I play video games to get away from people as I spend all day at work talking to people so I’ve had my messages turned off for 10 years but I still appreciated the free win I got this weekend
  • BarleyJohn
    67 posts Park Captain
    Slightly off topic but a few days ago i started to say “gg” to every player after i played them as I was curious to see what the responses would be like.

So far, the only people that have responded are ones that have beaten me.

A great auld community!
  • Say thanks
    Always on xbox, usually never on ps, because the messaging system is so confusing :joy: there is no easy way to message people on ps, it's just tedious.
  • RU88ERDUKZILLLA
    1292 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't say thanks
    I used to say thanks at the beginning.

It used to feel like a much bigger deal when someone gifted a win... they didn't have to do it did they? Now we need to play our final matches for the point so we may as well give the win so in a way we have to do it.. (unless your a total loses who just quits from start to be toxic)

Anyway as I say I used to do it but it's a pain going through all the menus and I never got thanks when I do it.

So I've figured we are all better just accepting that we are all thankful when we get a gift and don't need a message, we can all save ourselves the hassle.
  • Mdm
    Say thanks
    Orison wrote: »
    Always on xbox, usually never on ps, because the messaging system is so confusing :joy: there is no easy way to message people on ps, it's just tedious.

It used to feel like a much bigger deal when someone gifted a win... they didn't have to do it did they? Now we need to play our final matches for the point so we may as well give the win so in a way we have to do it.. (unless your a total loses who just quits from start to be toxic)

Anyway as I say I used to do it but it's a pain going through all the menus and I never got thanks when I do it.

So I've figured we are all better just accepting that we are all thankful when we get a gift and don't need a message, we can all save ourselves the hassle.

You can put the ps app on your phones

Very quick this way to message
  • Say thanks
    Orison wrote: »

You can put the ps app on your phones

Very quick this way to message

You still have to search for the GT and create a party.

On xbox you look at your recent players, click on the most recent one and then click on sending a message.
  • Fozberry
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2021
    Don't say thanks
    I get some, I've given more than Ive got. I am thankful for them, but....
    Simply my messages are turned off, the kids use the PlayStation and don't need to see some of the disgusting things I used to be sent by pathetic, childish fut players.
  • Gaz1864
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021
    Say thanks
    Given there are lots of toxic people in the community that quit without letting their opponent score first, I think those that don’t do that deserve a message to say thanks. And as someone said above, manners cost nothing.
  • chiholam
    1806 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not sure how to reply to this. On PC, so not sure if we can message on PC. I definitely give out Gifted Wins when I can though, so hopefully it's all good karma being swapped round. Had 2 gifted wins this WL so far to take me to 6-1.
  • peste
    79 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When I gift a win I don't need to get a thank you message. Actually don't think I got one this fifa yet, don't really care quite frankly. I'm here to help out, not trying to make myself feel better and not going to screw people over next time just because I don't get a little message
  • Tricky D
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Say thanks
    I used to do it every time but honestly I don't bother anymore, takes too long