1995 posts Fans' Favourite
Mine pes 6

Comments

• CC84COV
    2944 posts National Call-Up
    PES Adriano on the cover not sure which one that was
  • MassofCox
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fifa 98 road to World Cup. Soundtrack was quality.

Other notable mentions are:

International superstar soccer (pes before it was pes) one of the first football games I played.

Red card soccer. Not winning any awards but was fun. Who doesn’t want to play a game of football with a team of dolphins 🐬🤣
  • Furrag85
    2505 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeara ago, I used to go to EAs European HQ in Chertsey, Surrey, and we'd record crowd chants for FIFA.

We'd get given free copies, but I'd always sell or gift them because although it looked good graphically, FIFA games were generally awful. PES was always the go-to football games.

Overall? Alternating between PES 3 and when I was bored of that, continuing a CM 01/02 save.
  • JGDC74
    1465 posts Professional
    PES 2007 (US NTSC version of PES 6) remains the best football game I have ever played.

An honourable mention has to go to the original ISS Pro though. I’d never even heard of this game and played a demo in a branch of HMV. I liked it so much I immediately bought a copy. Hasn’t aged well though.
  • I seem to remember enjoying fifa 14 and 17 a lot but could be mixed up...

Sensible soccer back when I was a kid was epic but by today's standards it was probably something that could be played on an old Nokia phone now 🤣
  • Scu11duggery
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    I seem to remember enjoying fifa 14 and 17 a lot but could be mixed up...

Sensible soccer back when I was a kid was epic but by today's standards it was probably something that could be played on an old Nokia phone now 🤣

Sensi was, and still is, incredible. Not an accurate representation of football, but a fun and simple game with surprising depth
  • broxigaz
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    I seem to remember enjoying fifa 14 and 17 a lot but could be mixed up...

Sensible soccer back when I was a kid was epic but by today's standards it was probably something that could be played on an old Nokia phone now 🤣[/qu
    Sensible soccer my friend is still epic
  • mook76
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kick off 2 and sensible soccer back in the amiga days.
  • D_Jefe2090
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pes 11
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    Any of the PES back then on PlayStation 2…
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Microprose soccer on the c64 was decent, banana shots galore. Gazza 2 was interesting, italia 90 was weird. I was never good at kick off 2 but sensible soccer and sensible world of soccer was magical. The iss pro, through to pro evo. I think my favourite pro evo was 2.
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Early FUT days were good too, much more rewarding than this rubbish we have today
  • Anadin7
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's PES, I don't remember which year, maybe 2007.

When Sheva and Eto were just nuts in the game.
  • Anadin7
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2021
    Microprose soccer on the c64 was decent, banana shots galore. Gazza 2 was interesting, italia 90 was weird. I was never good at kick off 2 but sensible soccer and sensible world of soccer was magical. The iss pro, through to pro evo. I think my favourite pro evo was 2.

Ahh Sensible Soccer was absolute magic lol

You could ping it into the net from just over the halfway line on the angle though lol
  • graff26lfc
    967 posts Professional
    Still sensi and swos best management game
  • AlexBear012
    3401 posts National Call-Up
    I remember enjoying Fifa 09 a lot but if i played it now i would probably hate it
  • ayoubodes
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PES 2013
  • Ghooop
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pes 4
  • Fifapayne
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    NCAA 14
  • GeorgeGervin
    3303 posts National Call-Up
    The first fifa on N64 was the hook for me. Fifa 64? No idea what the proper name was but it’s still downstairs somewhere
  • VerdePride
    3485 posts National Call-Up
    Virtual Striker on Dreamcast
  • dynamosheva1
    1121 posts Professional
    PES 15-16 career mode the one where it was like the journey but not so animated . Where you start really low rated and on a crappy team and make your way up , so amazing seasons and champions leagues PES had it right with CL stuff . Fifa has a lot to learn , I still don’t understand why they don’t have a CL theme playoff with official CL sponsor stuff for FUT games
  • greif44x2
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    One of the early PES editions, 3 or 4.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    5174 posts Big Money Move
    Not this one.
  • Rippa
    1941 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    NCAA 14

Oh yes. Me and my buddies can't wait for thr new one! Those online dynasties were something else! That's what fifa needs to counter all those modes. An online season you can create between your buddies using a drafted team or your fut team something like that! Would blow away all fut game modes out of the water
  • PaulDr
    3660 posts National Call-Up
    Pes 4 and 6.
  • RonnyDinhoLeGoat
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I loved FIFA 13 and 15. Also. MARIO STRIKERS
  • Maestro2k
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2021
    Fifa World Cup 2010. The gameplay was perfect, they got the feel of that World Cup spot on and it was the game to convert me from PES to Fifa

This
    then FIFA11
    then FIFA12
    then the current pc game only (FIFA ONLINE 4)
  • hartley152
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    These are the ones I had the most fun on, great social times too, pure nostalgia games for me!

Fifa 98
    ISS 98
    Fifa 09