Is there any point to accumulating Skill Rating in Elite Division...

Riotiga
1254 posts Professional
If you are not a pro/someone who is aiming for Top 200? We're getting relegated to div 2 and start at 1800 SR anyway when we reach Elite Div. The whole Elite Rivals players get the same rewards anyway. Or is there anything I am missing here?

Comments

  • RogLeBell
    411 posts Sunday League Hero
    Riotiga wrote: »
    If you are not a pro/someone who is aiming for Top 200? We're getting relegated to div 2 and start at 1800 SR anyway when we reach Elite Div. The whole Elite Rivals players get the same rewards anyway. Or is there anything I am missing here?

    You’re not missing anything. These clowns don’t have a clue.
  • number7rocky
    8332 posts League Winner
    Not really may aswell "lose" a bunch of games by "accident" 👀 once you get promoted back to elite and your going to face lower skill rating players and get 7 wins easier/quicker
  • ApeTomato
    71 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Riotiga wrote: »
    If you are not a pro/someone who is aiming for Top 200? We're getting relegated to div 2 and start at 1800 SR anyway when we reach Elite Div. The whole Elite Rivals players get the same rewards anyway. Or is there anything I am missing here?

    No. That's why i dislike it. Just revert back to the old system ea
  • bobbyfischer
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    ApeTomato wrote: »
    Riotiga wrote: »
    If you are not a pro/someone who is aiming for Top 200? We're getting relegated to div 2 and start at 1800 SR anyway when we reach Elite Div. The whole Elite Rivals players get the same rewards anyway. Or is there anything I am missing here?

    No. That's why i dislike it. Just revert back to the old system ea

    Oh my goodness! This must be a nightmare for you!
  • Not really may aswell "lose" a bunch of games by "accident" 👀 once you get promoted back to elite and your going to face lower skill rating players and get 7 wins easier/quicker

    They might do beta invites based on top 200, considering that there is no real verification and too many people are in the elite div for that to be the equivalent of verification (would basically be an open beta).

    Ofc nobody knows, but I'm staying in the xbox top 200 until the end of the season just in case that they track it for reasons such as that :D
  • Cbn
    2113 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah, they try to make rivals the COMPETITIVE mode and while there isnt any incentive to grind it past weekly 7 wins. Bring back the old WL!
  • Cbn wrote: »
    Yeah, they try to make rivals the COMPETITIVE mode and while there isnt any incentive to grind it past weekly 7 wins. Bring back the old WL!

    You really don't get it, do you?

    A mode with a limited amount of games, no DC protection and matchmaking that resets every week is NOT a competitive mode and should NEVER be a competitive mode.

    New WL is absolutely fine. Rivals should be the competitive mode.

    You should ask for changes to rivals instead (Elite div actually being Elite, better rewards, relegation, top 200 rewards, rewards for more than 7 games and so on).
  • Wonderkiid
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not really, apart from honour. Especially on Xbox. Its a shame really, I have noticed this on myself aswell. The vast majority just plays for rewards and no longer for enjoyement. Everytime I play Rivals I'll just get the 7 wins and stop playing (in elite as otherwise you can still play to progress).
  • Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah just about bragging rights and wanting to say you are in the top 10k, 5k or whatever. On the face of it that is how games should be, wanting to be better than their mates, etc. Now its just a case of what rewards can i get for the least work since people prefer opening packs to the gameplay.
  • bobbyfischer
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    Neal_hmfc wrote: »
    Yeah just about bragging rights and wanting to say you are in the top 10k, 5k or whatever. On the face of it that is how games should be, wanting to be better than their mates, etc. Now its just a case of what rewards can i get for the least work since people prefer opening packs to the gameplay.

    If the packs didn't exist, there would only be a fraction of players. It's the light show that makes the mode so popular.
  • Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Neal_hmfc wrote: »
    Yeah just about bragging rights and wanting to say you are in the top 10k, 5k or whatever. On the face of it that is how games should be, wanting to be better than their mates, etc. Now its just a case of what rewards can i get for the least work since people prefer opening packs to the gameplay.

    If the packs didn't exist, there would only be a fraction of players. It's the light show that makes the mode so popular.

    I agree. It is why the mode is so successful and so few people play seasons. There isn't anything wrong with opening packs, my point was now people play the game purely to open packs rather than playing the game for enjoyment or to progress.
  • chiholam
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not really may aswell "lose" a bunch of games by "accident" 👀 once you get promoted back to elite and your going to face lower skill rating players and get 7 wins easier/quicker

    Not been in Elite yet, but can you go below 1800? How low can it go? Is it basically the same as the old Rivals systems in Elite?
  • Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    chiholam wrote: »
    Not really may aswell "lose" a bunch of games by "accident" 👀 once you get promoted back to elite and your going to face lower skill rating players and get 7 wins easier/quicker

    Not been in Elite yet, but can you go below 1800? How low can it go? Is it basically the same as the old Rivals systems in Elite?

    Yes i'm hovering around 1700 and still around top 55% so it must go lower. I just don't know how low. The lowest rating of my opponent has been 1600
  • Wonderkiid
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    chiholam wrote: »
    Not really may aswell "lose" a bunch of games by "accident" 👀 once you get promoted back to elite and your going to face lower skill rating players and get 7 wins easier/quicker

    Not been in Elite yet, but can you go below 1800? How low can it go? Is it basically the same as the old Rivals systems in Elite?

    Its basically like division 1 last year with the exception you cant relegate
  • chiholam
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    Neal_hmfc wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    Not really may aswell "lose" a bunch of games by "accident" 👀 once you get promoted back to elite and your going to face lower skill rating players and get 7 wins easier/quicker

    Not been in Elite yet, but can you go below 1800? How low can it go? Is it basically the same as the old Rivals systems in Elite?

    Yes i'm hovering around 1700 and still around top 55% so it must go lower. I just don't know how low. The lowest rating of my opponent has been 1600

    Ah! It even tells you how many are "below" and "above" you? That sounds like the old Rivals system. Have you found the games at the 1700 level easier that then Div 1 or 2?
  • Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    chiholam wrote: »
    Neal_hmfc wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    Not really may aswell "lose" a bunch of games by "accident" 👀 once you get promoted back to elite and your going to face lower skill rating players and get 7 wins easier/quicker

    Not been in Elite yet, but can you go below 1800? How low can it go? Is it basically the same as the old Rivals systems in Elite?

    Yes i'm hovering around 1700 and still around top 55% so it must go lower. I just don't know how low. The lowest rating of my opponent has been 1600

    Ah! It even tells you how many are "below" and "above" you? That sounds like the old Rivals system. Have you found the games at the 1700 level easier that then Div 1 or 2?

    It tells you what % you are and an estimated rank. When i was at 1750 I was 50% and 100,000 so obviously there must also be around 100,000 below in elite.

    Every game feels like a struggle but I also feel like i'm playing worse than I did when I was in D1 so it is hard to tell. I think I lost 4 or 5 games going through D1, however this week i think it took me around 20 games to get my 7 wins. I've only had one fairly comfortable win in Elite whereas it felt like it was quite common in D1, but like I said I also don't feel like i'm playing as well probably down to playing better opponents.
Sign In or Register to comment.